• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Brown Rice in a Microwave Rice Cooker: A Beginner's Guide

In summary, the conversation discussed cooking brown rice in a microwave rice cooker. One person shared that it is possible to cook brown rice in the cooker by following the instructions on the box for microwaving. Another person shared their method for successfully cooking brown rice in the microwave rice cooker. They recommended rinsing the rice, using a 2:1 ratio of water to rice, and microwaving on high for 5 minutes and then 50% power for an additional 20 minutes. The rice should sit for 5 minutes before fluffing and serving.
carolcooks
Has anyone ever cooked brown rice in the microwave rice cooker? My husband threw away my use and care guide and I'm not sure if it will work or not. If you have done so and it worked can you please provide directions on how you did it. I am new to brown rice and don't have a clue! Thanks!

I fix Brown rice ion my rice cooker all of the time. Just use the micro-wave instructions on the box. YUMMY!!!!

you can print a new use and care behind CC.and yes, you can do brown rice. It obviously has to cook longer, but it works!

I need to go download that use and care guide. I also need to buy brown rice that has microwave directions on it, because I always just wing it and it turns out terrible, in fact, lately I've been only making brown rice on my stove, because I get sick of fussing with it! I love it for white rice but hate it for brown, BUT... I'm sure if I used the propper directions, then I'd love it!!! I just have not been able to figure it out on my own! :rolleyes:

Hi there! Yes, I have cooked brown rice in the microwave rice cooker before and it worked perfectly. Here's how I did it:1. Measure out 1 cup of brown rice and rinse it in a fine mesh strainer until the water runs clear.
2. Place the rice in the microwave rice cooker and add 2 cups of water.
3. Close the lid and make sure it is secured.
4. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
5. After 5 minutes, reduce the power to 50% and microwave for an additional 20 minutes.
6. Let the rice sit in the microwave for 5 minutes before opening the lid.
7. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve.I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. How much water should I use when cooking brown rice in a microwave rice cooker?

The general rule for cooking brown rice is to use a 2:1 ratio of water to rice. For example, if you are cooking 1 cup of brown rice, you would use 2 cups of water.

2. Can I add seasonings or spices to my rice while cooking it in a microwave rice cooker?

Yes, you can add seasonings or spices to your rice before cooking it in a microwave rice cooker. Just be sure to mix them in with the rice and water before cooking.

3. How long does it take to cook brown rice in a microwave rice cooker?

The cooking time for brown rice in a microwave rice cooker can vary, but on average it takes about 18-20 minutes.

4. Do I need to stir the rice while it's cooking in the microwave rice cooker?

No, you do not need to stir the rice while it's cooking in the microwave rice cooker. Just let it cook for the recommended time and then fluff it with a fork before serving.

5. Can I cook other grains besides brown rice in a microwave rice cooker?

Yes, you can cook other grains such as quinoa, couscous, and bulgur in a microwave rice cooker. Just be sure to follow the recommended cooking instructions for each type of grain.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefgirlrd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cakepampered
Replies