• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Yummy Butter & Chip Cookie Recipe - Perfect for Mini Reese's Chips!

In summary, there is a conversation about finding a yummy cookie recipe using mini Reese's-like baking chips. ChefAnn suggests an award-winning chocolate chip cookie recipe that uses vanilla pudding mix and suggests substituting butterscotch chips and pecans for a variation. Others mention using different pudding flavors and leaving out nuts. One person shares a Tollhouse recipe and another shares a recipe for Monster Cookies which can be made healthier by using Splenda instead of brown sugar.
babywings76
Gold Member
It doesn't have to be PC, but I'm looking for a really yummy cookie recipe. I have a bag of these fresh mini size Reese's-like baking chips. I always make oatmeal choc. chip cookies, so I don't have a great basic recipe to fall back on. I know in the past, I've tried the recipe on the bag of Nestles choc. chips, but I never was won over on their flavor. Anyone have a recipe to share that is yummy, buttery, and slightly chewy?

I think this is from ChefAnn

Award Winning Chocolate Chip Cookies

4 1/2 cups all purpose flour (2 ¼)
2 teaspoons baking soda (1)
2 cups (4 sticks) butter, softened (1)
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar (3/4)
1/2 cup granulated sugar (¼)
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix (1)
4 eggs (2)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract(1)
4 cups (2 12 oz. bags) semisweet chocolate chips (2)
2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)

Heat oven to 350F (175C). Sift together the flour and baking soda. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat in the pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto un-greased cookie sheets.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Edges should be golden brown.

These are really good made with butterscotch pudding. Substitute 1 bag of butterscotch chips for half of the chocolate chips, and pecans for the walnuts.

I usually use white chocolate pudding mix in mine.

do you think I can leave out the chips and nuts and use the mini reese's PB cup chip-like things I have instead?

Oh yes. You can change the pudding flavors, too. I usually only make half the batch, and I never put nuts in because nobody in my family eats nuts.

Hey! You're giving away my secret recipe! LOLI usually use white chocolate pudding mix in these. And they're really good with butterscotch, as JAE mentioned. I made them once using chocolate fudge pudding, and a combination of milk chocolate and white chocolate chips.

So I just checked my instant pudding stash, and I only have two big boxes of the vanilla pudding and one small box of the french vanilla kind. Then I have the chocolate pudding, but not sure if that's a good idea. So what do you think? I want to try your recipe sometime, but is there another one that could work for me today?

I just use the Tollhouse recipe and sometimes I add cocoa to it.

http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=18476

http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=29644

I'm printing off these recipes you've shared and am going to try them out. Thanks for your help! :)

These are my favorite use of the mini reese's cups for baking...
Monster Cookies
1/2 c. butter or margarine
1 1/2 c. extra crunchy peanut butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
4 c. oatmeal
1 c. chocolate chips or 1/2 c. chocolate chips, 1/2 c. mini pb cups or m&m baking bits or whatever candy you want or chopped nuts

Mix together and drop by spoonfuls. Bake @ 350 for 13 minutes.

My mom likes to make these and use 1/2 c. brown sugar splenda for baking instead of the 1 c. brown sugar. She firmly believes that makes the cookies "healthy"! :rolleyes: I more or less gag with splenda, so, that's not my preference.

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Yummy Butter & Chip Cookie Recipe?

The ingredients for this recipe are: 1 cup of softened butter, 1 cup of white sugar, 1 cup of brown sugar, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of salt, 3 cups of all-purpose flour, and 1 cup of mini Reese's chips.

2. Can I use regular sized Reese's chips instead of mini ones?

Yes, you can use regular sized Reese's chips if you prefer. However, the mini ones work better for this recipe as they distribute more evenly throughout the dough.

3. How many cookies does this recipe make?

This recipe makes about 36 cookies, depending on the size of your dough scoops.

4. Can I use margarine instead of butter?

We recommend using butter for the best flavor and texture. However, you can use margarine if that is your preference.

5. How should I store the cookies?

These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. You can also freeze them for longer storage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • babywings76