• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting the Cookie Press: Tips & Recipes

In summary, to properly clean a cookie press, it should be disassembled and hand washed with warm soapy water. To prevent cookie dough from sticking, chill the dough and lightly grease the press before each use. To prevent dough from oozing out of the sides, secure the press and use firm pressure, and consider adding more flour to the dough. The cookie press should be stored disassembled in a cool, dry place, and different disks can be used to create a variety of cookies.
muffetts
Gold Member
I cannot get the Cookie Press to work for the life of me :cry: (besides the Peanut Butter cookie recipe in one of the PC cookbooks and the fudge recipe). Anyone have any great tips and/or fool proof recipes?

I've never been able to get anything but the recipe it comes with to work.

What is the proper way to clean the cookie press?

The cookie press should be disassembled and hand washed with warm soapy water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasives as they can damage the press. Dry thoroughly before reassembling.

Why is my cookie dough sticking to the press?

This can happen if the dough is too warm or the press is not properly greased. Chill the dough for about 15 minutes before using and lightly grease the press with cooking spray or oil before each use.

How do I prevent the dough from oozing out of the sides of the press?

Make sure to properly secure the press and use firm, consistent pressure when pressing out the dough. If the dough is too soft or sticky, it may also ooze out. Adding a little more flour to the dough can help prevent this.

What is the best way to store the cookie press?

The cookie press should be stored disassembled in a cool, dry place. It is recommended to store the disks and other small parts in a labeled container or bag to avoid losing them.

What types of cookies can I make with the cookie press?

The cookie press can be used to make a variety of cookies such as spritz, cheese straws, and even churros. Different disks can be used to create different shapes and designs. Refer to the included recipe book for more ideas and inspiration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • Janice Hirst
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies