• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Use Refrigerated Dough Without Peanut Butter

In summary, the author suggests adding 1/4 cup of flour to refrigerated sugar cookie dough before baking in a press. She also suggests using a recipe from a few years ago for a gingerbread spritz cookie that was really good.
pamperedape
Anyone know how to use the refridgerated dough with the press? I know you can add peanut butter, but I don't really want the flavor.

Sugar cookie dough would really well with the press... and will work great with the stencils too!

It's been a looooonnnnggg time but I do recall that I heard that you add some extra flour to refrigerated sugar cookie dough and it makes it work well! Like 1/4 of a cup, I think!
Good luck!:)

Now that you mention it, Cathy, I think you're right. It makes the dough less sticky.

I love the 3-ing. cookie recipe from All the Best: 1 egg, 1 cup creamy PB, 1 cup sugar. That's it. Easy, fast and fool-proof.

I was told to put my refrig dough in the microwave for a few seconds to bring it to "room temperature." It has been a while since I have used the press though.

I always have trouble getting my design to be there when they are finished. I always wondered if it was using the refrig dough that did not keep them. I need to try some from scratch in it.

If the dough puffs up too much when baking, that's when the design disappears. A dough that's made for a cookie press (Spritz cookies) will give you the best results, although sometimes you need to play with the recipe to get our press to form them correctly.

Yeah, it's been over four years since I've used mine. My four year old had never seen it and was SO excited! I felt like a bad Mommy because it had been collecting dust and he loves to help me cook and bake. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and actually do the spritz. Thanks for the help!!

April, if he's not allergic to peanut butter, I heartily recommend the Peanut Butter Presses from All the Best. They're SUPER easy and I NEVER have a problem with them maintaining their shape.

There was also a recipe in a SB cookbook a few yrs ago (can't remember when exactly) for a gingerbread spritz cookie that was really good.

1. How do I use refrigerated dough without peanut butter to make cookies?

There are many delicious alternatives to using peanut butter in your cookie dough. Some options include using other nut butters, such as almond or cashew, or swapping in a different spread like Nutella or Biscoff. You can also try using mashed bananas or applesauce for a healthier twist on traditional cookies.

2. Can I use refrigerated dough without peanut butter for other types of baked goods?

Absolutely! Refrigerated dough can be used in a variety of recipes, not just for cookies. You can use it to make bread, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls, and more. Simply follow the recipe instructions and substitute the peanut butter for one of the alternatives mentioned above.

3. What if I don't have any nut butters or spreads to use as a substitute?

If you don't have any nut butters or spreads on hand, you can still use refrigerated dough without peanut butter. Simply leave out the peanut butter and add in some extra flour to compensate for the missing ingredient. You can also add in some chocolate chips or dried fruit for added flavor and texture.

4. How will the texture of the baked goods be affected without peanut butter?

The texture may be slightly different without peanut butter, but it will still be delicious. Depending on the substitute you use, the texture may be a bit more crumbly or chewy. Experiment with different alternatives to find the texture that you prefer.

5. Can I freeze refrigerated dough without peanut butter for later use?

Yes, you can freeze refrigerated dough without peanut butter for later use. Simply wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe bag or container. When you're ready to use it, thaw the dough in the refrigerator overnight before baking according to the recipe instructions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
shelly.nurse
  • Chef Bobby
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
narfing
Replies