• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why did my pumpkin cookies using a cookie press turn into blobs after baking?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a failed attempt at using a cookie press to make pumpkin-shaped cookies. The cookies ended up looking like round blobs instead of pumpkins. The person who tried the recipe planned on using the cookie press for the first time at a show and was hoping for no problems. Others in the conversation suggested experimenting with the dough and using a different recipe that won't cause the dough to puff up. Despite the failed attempt, the cookie press was easy to use and even a two-year-old was able to use it.
I followed a recipe that called for a package of refrigerated sugar cookie dough and food coloring (orange) to make pumpkins using the pumpkin disc for the cookie press. They came out looking beautiful when we pressed them onto a stone. Unfortunately, after baking them, they blew up to looking like just round blobs, lol. Has anyone else had this happen? Any suggestions appreciated...

Oh no.... don't tell me this. :) I plan on using the cookie press for the first time at a show this week. I am gonna test it out somtime before hand and make the dough but I am hoping for no problems. I hope someone else has some suggestions. Did they atleast taste good? Was the press easy to use?

punkie1019 said:
Oh no.... don't tell me this. :) I plan on using the cookie press for the first time at a show this week. I am gonna test it out somtime before hand and make the dough but I am hoping for no problems. I hope someone else has some suggestions. Did they atleast taste good? Was the press easy to use?

This is exactly why you never want to try a product or a recipe out at a show for the first time! Not a good idea. Always try new things at home!

wadesgirl said:
This is exactly why you never want to try a product or a recipe out at a show for the first time! Not a good idea. Always try new things at home!

I will definatly be trying it out ahead of time.:thumbup:

As for this problem. This kind of dough WILL puff out. You just squeeze out a little bit less from the press. Experiment with it. Remember, with that dough, if it looks perfect before baking it wont be when it's done. Make them look like they're "lacking" dough and when they puff during baking, it won't make a blob. Like I said, just experiment.

Yes, that dough puffs a lot when baking. You need a spritz recipe that isn't going to do that!

punkie1019 said:

They tasted fine! And it was so easy, my two year old granddaughter got the hang of twisting it all by herself!!! Even though I liked the old one, I like this one even better!

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble with the pumpkin cookies using the cookie press. It sounds like the dough may have been too soft or warm, causing the cookies to spread and lose their shape during baking. One suggestion would be to chill the dough for at least 30 minutes before using it in the cookie press. This will help it hold its shape better during baking. You could also try using a sturdier sugar cookie dough recipe, as some pre-made doughs can be too soft for the cookie press. I hope these suggestions help and that your next batch of pumpkin cookies turns out perfectly! Happy baking!

What is a cookie press and how does it work?

A cookie press is a kitchen tool used to create consistent and decorative shapes of cookie dough. It works by pressing the dough through a shaped disc or nozzle, usually with a lever or trigger mechanism, onto a baking sheet.

Why is my cookie dough sticking to the press?

There are a few possible reasons for this. First, make sure your dough is the right consistency - not too sticky or dry. You can also try chilling the dough before using the press. Additionally, lightly coating the discs with cooking spray or oil can help prevent sticking.

My cookies are coming out misshapen or uneven. What am I doing wrong?

This could be due to a few factors. Make sure you are consistently pressing down on the lever or trigger while using the press. Also, check that the dough is evenly distributed in the press and that the discs are clean and free of any dough buildup.

Can I use a cookie press with any type of cookie dough?

Most cookie presses can be used with a variety of doughs, but some may work better than others. It's best to stick to recipes specifically designed for cookie presses, as they will have the right consistency and be easier to handle.

How do I clean and maintain my cookie press?

To clean your cookie press, disassemble it and wash all parts in warm soapy water. Make sure to dry thoroughly before storing. Some presses may also be dishwasher safe. To maintain your press, periodically lubricate the moving parts with a food-safe oil to keep it working smoothly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Windy City Pampered Chef
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Liquid Sky