• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookie Press: Old or New? What Are Your Thoughts?

In summary, a cookie press is a kitchen tool used for making consistent shaped and sized cookies. It consists of a cylindrical tube with a plunger that forces the dough through a disk to create the desired shape. Newer models have a trigger mechanism and more interchangeable disks. While most types of dough can be used, it's important to check the manufacturer's instructions. Proper cleaning and maintenance is crucial for longevity, and tips for using a cookie press include using room temperature dough, sprinkling flour to prevent sticking, and experimenting with different shapes and disks.
cindylpal
Gold Member
I have the old Cookie Press...and love it! I know though...not EVERYONE does!

Been with PC long enough to know that I don't need the new one to sell it...but was just wondering if anyone is seeing the advantages of the new (for myself personally to get it)?

Thanks for your input....

...has anyone used the new one? Any problems with it?

I have not tried the new one yet. I am not a fan of the old one! LOL

I know others have problems and it was never an item that I "pushed" too much. Over the years I've been able to figure out how to "work with" the old one...was just wondering if it was worth it to purchase the new one for just my own personal use????Thanks for your thought.....

I love this new one just for the potato ricer blade!!!

...ok, now I had to look up what a Potato Ricer was...sounds like this NEW Cookie Press is quite the versatile kitchen tool!!! Check out all the uses for a Potato Ricer....

http://www.practicallyedible.com/edible.nsf/pages/potatoricer

The first thing I made with my new cookie press was riced potatoes. I was not impressed. Maybe it's because I cooked the potatoes in the DCB instead of boiling them. Guess I'll have to try again!

What is a cookie press and how does it work?

A cookie press is a kitchen tool used for making cookies with consistent shapes and sizes. It typically consists of a hollow cylindrical tube with a plunger at one end. The dough is placed inside the tube, and when the plunger is pressed, the dough is forced through a disk at the end of the tube, creating a shaped cookie. Some models also come with interchangeable disks for different cookie designs.

What is the difference between an old and a new cookie press?

The main difference between an old and a new cookie press is the design and functionality. Old cookie presses usually have a lever or knob for pressing the dough, while newer models have a trigger mechanism for easier use. Newer models also tend to have more interchangeable disks and a wider variety of shapes to choose from.

Can I use any type of dough with a cookie press?

While most cookie presses are designed to work with any type of dough, it is important to check the manufacturer's instructions before use. Some doughs, such as those with nuts or chocolate chips, may not work well with a cookie press as they can clog the openings and make it difficult to press out the dough.

How do I clean and maintain my cookie press?

Cleaning and maintaining your cookie press is essential for its longevity and proper functioning. After each use, disassemble the press and wash the parts with warm soapy water. Make sure to dry the parts thoroughly before reassembling. Some cookie presses are also dishwasher safe, but always refer to the manufacturer's instructions. It is also recommended to lubricate the plunger and disks occasionally with vegetable oil to prevent sticking.

What are some tips for using a cookie press?

Here are some tips for using a cookie press:

• Make sure your dough is at room temperature for easier pressing.
  • Sprinkle flour on the dough and the cookie press to prevent sticking.
  • Avoid overfilling the tube, as this can make it difficult to press out the dough.
  • Experiment with different disks and shapes for a variety of cookies.
  • Place the cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet for easy removal.
  • Refrigerate the dough in between batches to prevent it from becoming too soft.
  • When finished, disassemble and clean the cookie press immediately for easier maintenance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • Janice Hirst
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • alidafrizzell
  • Products and Tips
Replies