• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Striving for Success: My Journey with PC and the Decision to Continue or Resign

In summary, Sandra is advising the individual to focus on their own business and not worry about their relative getting overrides. The individual should also consider resigning if the situation does not improve. The individual should also focus on building their own team and promoting themselves.
lisasfuncooking
I know this may not seem very Christmas spirited.
I have just reached my 15k in sales in a little less than a year. This year I really want to focus on doing more shows and recruiting.I have not recruited anyone yet. My goal is to be director one day. I had signed up under a family member reluctantly. I wanted to sign up under my director, but she didn't want hurt feelings because my family member was signed under her. As things are progressing, I am very resentful that she gets overrides from me. She never picks up the phone to help or offer advice. Not to mention personal issues. I am debating if I should go inactive then resign. I know I would have to start all over again. Or if I should continue and work hard to be director. I am assuming that if I make director she won't get an override from me anymore.
I love PC and want to continue. I just figured I need to make a decision now.
I am sure you could tell this is personal and not business. I am not a mean person, just sick of people being nasty to me, when I would do anything for anyone.

This is my opinion. I think you should focus on your business. If you promote to Director your recruiter has 3 or 6 months to promote so she doesn't lose you. If you would like to get up from under her then focus on promoting to Director. Don't stop recruiting! Teach your team to recruit!!

Even if you don't promote, focusing on your own business is the best advice. Why lose your career sales? If your recruiter isn't on her game she might not last in the business anyway. Just stick it out and work on your business.

I agree with Sandra. Focus on your business.

Plus, going inactive can also hurt your director, and it sounds like you have a good relationship with her. You probably wouldn't want to do that to her.

I'm not sure about her getting overrides from you if you become a Director, but, obviously it would help her advance to the next level if she's working her business, as well. I realize you don't want to stop her from advancing, I'm just mentioning this because you'll always be a part of her team.

That's a really tough decision to make, though. You've obviouly worked really hard and have been very successful. To go completely inactive so you can re-sign means not doing any business for 6 months, which could cause you to lose momentum, unless you really work hard to keep up with your contacts. I guess the question is, is the situation so horrible you want to give up all you've accomplished so far, and can you live with indirectly helping your relative so you can continue to grow your business without completely starting over?

Two things to consider: Your success is also helping your Director, whom you seem to like, and, your relative doesn't get overrides if she's not working her own business (you don't mention if she is or not, so I'm just pointing this out).

Is your Director providing your assistance and encouragement?

What are the odds your relative will stop the biz within 6 months or a year? If she's not really producing, then the odds are good she will stop and then you'll be directly under your Director. Focus on recruiting by taking any training available. Build your own team. There's nothing that says you have to stay in touch with your recruiter. Continue your good relationship with your Director.

I went thru a similar situation and my advice is to let it go. This is going to sound corny, but I figured out it really wasn't my place to decide who deserved what. I just focused on my business and surrounded myself with people who were interested in helping me and let it go. The other thing to consider is, PC has made it near impossible to ride along on someone's coat tails without working as well!! She may not be making the overrides you think, she has to perform EACH month herself to earn them!!

Focus on you and your business. Period. Do not worry about how is getting paid. The structure will take care of who gets paid or not. I am an AD and get paid on my 2 directors downlines, some of whom I have never meet or spoken with. Not because I don't care but because I let my directors handle their teams. There are people above me who are receiving overrides on me and my team who do not work with my team. Do not let someone else dictate your business. Go out and create your success.

Put your big girl panties on and work your business. Who cares who is making money off of whom. All you should be focusing on is working your own business. Period.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your advice. I know you are right. I should just stick with it and move forward. I know I could advance further than her. She has been doing it for 3 years and still did not reach her 15K sales. I am not knocking it, just that we all have different priorities. But I did forget that when she does not qualify for the month she does not get the override from my sales. Here's to a new year with lots of goals to accomplish.

What does "Continue or Be Inactive" mean?

"Continue or Be Inactive" is a phrase used by Pampered Chef to remind consultants to either continue actively working their business or choose to become inactive. This helps the company keep track of active consultants and maintain accurate records.

How do I become inactive?

To become inactive, you can either contact your Pampered Chef consultant or customer service and let them know you would like to be inactive. Alternatively, you can simply stop placing orders and participating in Pampered Chef events for six consecutive months, at which point you will automatically become inactive.

What happens if I choose to become inactive?

If you choose to become inactive, you will no longer receive communications from Pampered Chef, and your consultant account will be put on hold. You will also not be able to place orders or participate in Pampered Chef events during this time.

How do I reactivate my consultant account?

To reactivate your consultant account, you can contact your Pampered Chef consultant or customer service and let them know you would like to become active again. You will need to place an order and participate in at least one Pampered Chef event within six months to be considered active again.

What are the benefits of staying active with Pampered Chef?

Staying active with Pampered Chef allows you to continue earning income, receiving discounts on products, and participating in company events and promotions. It also helps you maintain a strong relationship with your customers and fellow consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisasfuncooking
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • AJPratt