• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Consultant Changeover Kit up for Auction?

In summary, someone has put a changeover kit for sale on an online auction site. This is not fair to the other customers, who only paid $6 for the kit, and it is also not fair to the consultant who created the kit. There are also potential problems with the auction itself, as anyone can buy it.
sklay723
Gold Member
OK, I'm still pretty new, but it's bad to put your changeover kit up for auction, right? I mean, I would think so, but someone has done it on THAT web site...do a search for <our brand name> consultant supplies and see what pops up...I am at a loss for words!

They probably are just quitting...got the kit and want to sell it.

It isn't fair to everyone else when they only paid $6.00 for it to sell it for profit...my opinion...I'd rather then give it or sell it to a clustermate...

I guess my thought is the same...give it to someone else in the business who can get some use out of it, especially 25 catalogs! The other thing that gets me is that ANYONE can bid and buy it, even someone not "in the business." Very screwy.

sklay723 said:
I guess my thought is the same...give it to someone else in the business who can get some use out of it, especially 25 catalogs! The other thing that gets me is that ANYONE can bid and buy it, even someone not "in the business." Very screwy.
True, but who would else want it?

Other than the catalogs and the Season's Best why would you want it? There is only 1 receipt, software that you already have, 2 CDs you already have, theme show stuff that you already have...so what would be the point. By the time you pay shipping on it you could have ordered again from HO cheaper.

Report these auctions when you find them. They were active consultants as of a month or so ago (whenever the master list was put together), so they are NOT supposed to be selling stuff like this online.

chefann said:
Report these auctions when you find them. They were active consultants as of a month or so ago (whenever the master list was put together), so they are NOT supposed to be selling stuff like this online.

Good point Ann, because they "verbally" said they quit, they probably did not turn into a resignation to PC to end their contract as a consultant.

This person would have been listed as active right now to get her changeover kit.

She *could* change her mind and stay active and submit sales...

I'm tempted to send a "shame on you" e-mail to her...there is actually a bid for $5.51 plus $11 shipping!!!! What is that bidder thinking??

Don't bother sending a note to the seller. It may just escalate into something ugly. Make a note of the auction number. Or better yet, print the auction to a PDF (download and install the free software Primo PDF) and email it to [email protected].

It's up to $15.50 now. What about the people bidding on 9 catalogs and are already up to $5.50 with $3.00 shipping. That's well over $1 a catalog! Who would pay that. Not to mention the listing is for Fall/Winter 2008 catalogs which don't exist yet! :eek:

I often wonder why folks pay over our regular cost for stuff on that site...however, I strongly think that many times it is the actual person who listed the auction bidding on stuff to get the prices higher. I mean, why would you pay that much for catalogs?
That said, HO could partner with that site to get stuff off of the site through a program that they have. I listed something some time back (not PC!) and the auction was pulled because they said it was a proprietary violation. I had no idea that I was doing that!! So, I would think that HO could participate in that program also - especially with current merchandise/supplies.

eta: If you scroll down a bit on this page - there are some supplies for sale that cost more than we can get them from HO - and someone wanting to buy them! Go figure!!

Last edited:
ljeffries said:
I often wonder why folks pay over our regular cost for stuff on that site...however, I strongly think that many times it is the actual person who listed the auction bidding on stuff to get the prices higher. I mean, why would you pay that much for catalogs?
That said, HO could partner with that site to get stuff off of the site through a program that they have. I listed something some time back (not PC!) and the auction was pulled because they said it was a proprietary violation. I had no idea that I was doing that!! So, I would think that HO could participate in that program also - especially with current merchandise/supplies.

eta: If you scroll down a bit on this page - there are some supplies for sale that cost more than we can get them from HO - and someone wanting to buy them! Go figure!!

That program is the VERO program Lamar. Anyone can look it up on E-bay. It is the intellectual rights program. A company involved in it can report a seller who is violating copyrights by using imagery or text that is copyrighted from their website or anything else.

You didn't happen to be selling pet products were you? :rolleyes: ;)

...and I think HO does participate in the VERO program.

Bad part is it expires today so HO probably won't get any emails until tomorrow after the auction is already done. I know they can still "talk" to the seller about it but they will have already sold what they wanted to sell!

It's up to $44.00 with the shipping!! And guess what...another one popped up too!! I can't believe someone would pay nearly $50 for a change over kit.

I am glad I'm not the only one wondering why this is "OK"...I know HO is busy, I just figured they would have someone there who monitors these types of things on a regular basis. Especially if they can take part in the VERO program.

Okay, I'm at work so I don't have email access - darn IT guys! I was just browsing ebay and found two more auctions with the CO kit on them. Can someone report them for me?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pampered-Chef-Consultant-2008-Supplies-Catalogs_W0QQitemZ300194493434QQihZ020QQcategoryZ20651QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/PAMPERED-CHEF-Consultant-Supplies-NEW-2008-Catalogs_W0QQitemZ230217455708QQihZ013QQcategoryZ3202QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And how about this seller who has the new grapefruit knife up??
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrutrider15

I really wish I could report these myself but my memory is not that good, I wouldn't remember when I got home tonight!

Last edited:
I just sent those for you.

chefann said:
I just sent those for you.

Thanks, I just cannot believe the price they are paying for that stuff? If you already got a change over kit the only thing you would need out of another is catalogs!

The grapefruit knife really gets me. She has it listed at 99 cents with 4.60 shipping, but then in the text says: Will sell for $7.50 plus at least $6 shipping and your tax. Hello? Can you say "individual order"? She has the knife, because it's an actual photo, but what you wanna bet she'll collect names and offer more than one at the higher price.

I was happy to finally get my CO kit this weekend, couldn't imagine selling it!

I didn't catch that part of her auction! I was just curious one time on a cookware auction and asked if it came with a lifetime warranty like PC offered. They said just to make sure to tell them before I won the auction and they would get me the receipt with the warranty! I turned that one in.

sklay723 said:
I am glad I'm not the only one wondering why this is "OK"...I know HO is busy, I just figured they would have someone there who monitors these types of things on a regular basis. Especially if they can take part in the VERO program.

When I questioned this years ago...they only had 1 person trying to keep ON TOP of things...they actually rely heavily on US reporting such incidences. This is the email addy I was given back then: [email protected]

Frankly, I would rather spend my time on my business rather than stressing about what others are doing. I can't control them so I don't even try. This may be a sour way to look at it, but me building/growing/doing my business is much more important to me than what someone else is doing...please no hate mail, jmo.

Kitchen2u said:
When I questioned this years ago...they only had 1 person trying to keep ON TOP of things...they actually rely heavily on US reporting such incidences. This is the email addy I was given back then: [email protected]

Frankly, I would rather spend my time on my business rather than stressing about what others are doing. I can't control them so I don't even try. This may be a sour way to look at it, but me building/growing/doing my business is much more important to me than what someone else is doing...please no hate mail, jmo.

I don't worry about it at home but while I'm at work and things are pretty slow, I like to browse the internet and run across things all the time.

She has the kitchen shears cover up there too...

Kitchen2u said:
I don't actively look for things, but when I see them, I report them. Then I'm done. I agree that there are other things I should be focusing my energy on.

chefann said:
I don't actively look for things, but when I see them, I report them. Then I'm done. I agree that there are other things I should be focusing my energy on.

This is exactly what I do...

chefann said:
The grapefruit knife really gets me. She has it listed at 99 cents with 4.60 shipping, but then in the text says: Will sell for $7.50 plus at least $6 shipping and your tax. Hello? Can you say "individual order"? She has the knife, because it's an actual photo, but what you wanna bet she'll collect names and offer more than one at the higher price.

I saw that too and had to read and reread it to figure out what it meant. I think what they are saying is that is how much it will sell for through PC not how much they are charging. Bad thing is they are from my neck of the woods. I wonder if it's someone I know??? We have a lot of consultants in that town. :eek:

wadesgirl said:
Okay, I'm at work so I don't have email access - darn IT guys! I was just browsing ebay and found two more auctions with the CO kit on them. Can someone report them for me?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pampered-Chef-Consultant-2008-Supplies-Catalogs_W0QQitemZ300194493434QQihZ020QQcategoryZ20651QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/PAMPERED-CHEF-Consultant-Supplies-NEW-2008-Catalogs_W0QQitemZ230217455708QQihZ013QQcategoryZ3202QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And how about this seller who has the new grapefruit knife up??
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrutrider15

I really wish I could report these myself but my memory is not that good, I wouldn't remember when I got home tonight!

I love how in the second listing, they say they are getting out of the business and no longer need the supplies, but then if you go back a month or two and look at the listings they had up for cookware and all sorts of other products in November, it says "I'm just a regular guy who likes to cook with Pampered Chef Products. I am not a consultant." Funny how things change...

chefbritt said:
I love how in the second listing, they say they are getting out of the business and no longer need the supplies, but then if you go back a month or two and look at the listings they had up for cookware and all sorts of other products in November, it says "I'm just a regular guy who likes to cook with Pampered Chef Products. I am not a consultant." Funny how things change...
That's a good one!

Here is a new one.

Pampered Chef Consultant 2008 Supplies Catalogs
Item number: 300194493434

I don't sweat it much when I see stuff like this online, except that I have friends who LOVE that auction site, and they shop on it a lot (not for PC things, just stuff). My friend was actually the one who got me interested in becoming a consultant, and so I know she'll always come through me for her product, especially since it's the only way she knows to play it right (and get a receipt in case she needs the warranty/guarantee). I guess I still can't wrap my head around why someone would sell their CO kit, since the only thing really worthwhile would be 25 catalogs...silly to spend so much on just that.

1. Can I put my consultant changeover kit up for auction?

Technically, you can put your consultant changeover kit up for auction. However, it is not recommended as it can potentially harm your business and reputation. It is better to sell or donate your kit to someone who can use it.

2. Why is it bad to put my changeover kit up for auction?

Putting your changeover kit up for auction can create a negative perception of your business and brand. It may also lead to legal issues if the kit contains confidential or trademarked items. It is best to handle your changeover kit privately.

3. How can I get rid of my changeover kit?

If you no longer need your changeover kit, you can sell it privately, donate it to someone who can use it, or dispose of it properly. It is important to handle your kit with care and avoid any negative impact on your business or brand.

4. What should I do if I see someone else auctioning off a changeover kit from my brand?

You can reach out to the person and kindly inform them of the potential negative impact on their business and brand. If they do not comply, you can also report the auction to the website or platform hosting it.

5. Is it common for changeover kits to be auctioned off?

No, it is not common for changeover kits to be auctioned off. Most consultants handle their kits privately to avoid any potential harm to their business or brand. It is best to handle your changeover kit with care and discretion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • JennLizFran