• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Be Smart: Keep Conference Plans Quiet!

In summary, my up-line has a good tip that you should not announce when you will be away from home. She also has a reminder for when you are away from home, to notify the police and to be careful about what you post on Facebook.
PCLaurel
Gold Member
In today's day & age, you can never be too certain about other people whom you may know only casually. My up-line has a very good tip that she's been instilling in her team members, and I thought it warranted being passed along.

As much as we might want to let everyone & their brother know how excited we are to be going to conference, you never know who is listening or what they might do with that information. Depending on your family / living circumstances, your presence at conference may mean that your house is sitting empty for several days, which is not really the kind of information that should be widely circulated.

When booking your calendars or talking about summer plans, you might want to say that you'll be doing a bit of a "staycation" in early July, and that you won't be booking any shows / scheduling any appointments, rather than saying that you are going to conference from July 7 thru 9th. Likewise, don't list those dates as "conference" on the calendar pages you show prospective hosts - write "staycation" or just X the dates out.

I might be a little bit too paranoid, but I've known several people who were robbed while they were known to be attending funerals or known to be on vacation, so I tend to not publicize when I'll be out of the house.

Excellent reminder. My house isn't empty, and you can't find my address with any mapping software currently widely available. Still, I'll be mentioning that I'll be "taking a break from Facebook" instead of "heading to Chicago for NC."

raebates said:
Excellent reminder. My house isn't empty, and you can't find my address with any mapping software currently widely available. Still, I'll be mentioning that I'll be "taking a break from Facebook" instead of "heading to Chicago for NC."

I was just going to say that we should be careful of what we post on FB. I never say "I'm going" I say "I just returned from..." Even when I was in the hospital I didn't want to advertise that the house might be empty so I was careful what I said, if anything. DH is really neurotic about this and I totally get it. Why even put it out there.

I wouldn't even announce that your taking a break from Facebook. I'd say "did you miss me" when I get back. As far as talking about NC, I think it's okay to do that but I'd specifically say that I'm going alone, that it's a get-away from the family too. That way people think people will be at the house, maybe babysitting... My house won't be empty either but bad guys don't necessarily know that.

We are taking a vacation out of the country and I will be totally unavailable so we have told two trusted neighbors, the PO will know (stopping the mail, of course) and I'm considering telling the local police. My family (who lives 1000 miles from us) and team will know. Otherwise I am not letting anyone know about it and it's hard because it's a dream vacation and I want to talk about it. I'll have much to say about it when I return. I'm not even putting an out of the office message on my phone.

It is a good idea to notify the police. In my city, they will do drive by's and even get out and walk around the property to check for anything unusual - it is your tax dollars at work!!

Very good advice. I tell my children...and anyone else who will listen...to never post on FB that we are all gone from our home. I have seen where someone posts that they and several other names have checked in at... This lets everyone know that your house is empty. Its not paranoid...its being smart.

What does "Be Smart: Keep Conference Plans Quiet!" mean?

"Be Smart: Keep Conference Plans Quiet!" is a phrase used to remind consultants to not publicly share information about upcoming Pampered Chef conferences. This is to maintain the element of surprise and excitement for all attendees.

Why is it important to keep conference plans quiet?

Keeping conference plans quiet is important because it allows for a more enjoyable and exciting experience for all attendees. If details are shared publicly, it can take away from the surprise and impact of the event.

Can I share conference plans with my team?

While we encourage consultants to share the excitement of upcoming conferences with their team, we ask that you do so in a private and confidential manner. It is important to not publicly share any details that have not been officially announced by Pampered Chef.

What happens if I accidentally share conference plans?

If you accidentally share conference plans, please reach out to your upline or the Pampered Chef Home Office immediately. We will work with you to minimize any impact and ensure the surprise and excitement of the event is maintained for all attendees.

Is it okay to talk about past conference experiences?

Yes, it is perfectly fine to talk about past conference experiences. However, we ask that you do not share any specific details or announcements that were made at the conference. This is to maintain the surprise and excitement for future attendees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • Stampaholic1961
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • ivykeep