1. Want to buy your holiday gifts AND support Chef Success seamlessly in the process? If you click a merchant link like amazon or ebay on Chef Success, Chef Success in turn receives 7% of that purchase. Click here for the merchant list. It's easy!

Commission %

Discussion in 'General Business Tips' started by krahema, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a quick question regarding the % at which commissions are paid out. This is the first month I have received a mid-month commission. I only sold enough to qualify for a 20% commission mid-month, but by the end of the month will have sold enough to quailfy for a 23-24% commission. Will they adjust my commission for the early-month sales to increase it to the 23 or 24% at the end of the month, or now, because I can receive mid-month commissions, do I need to sell more in a 2-week period in order to qualify for the higher commission?

Hope the question makes sense!

2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Gold Member

Yes, your commission will be adjusted at the end of the month to reflect 23-24% on your total sales. Also, any overrides earned, as a Sr. Consultant, etc..or any bonuses paid (like a recruiting bonus) are paid at the end of the month also.

3. I'm so thankful you asked this question! I was wondering the same thing!

4. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Gold Member

They do the math at the end of the month including all sales for the month at the total % you earned then they subtract the mid-month payment from that to get to the check that you get for month end. Here are some examples:

-------

mid-month $500 sales: paid $100 at 20% commission

month end $1250 sales (includes the above $500):
    20% base commission + 3% sales level commission bonus = $287.50 minus $100 already paid to you. Month end paycheck $187.50

-------

mid-month $750 sales: paid $165 (20% commission + 2% sales commission bonus)
    month end $2500 sales (including the $750): paid $600 (20% commission + 4% sales commssion bonus minus $165 already paid. Month end paycheck $435

-----

Once you have hit the $15K level they will add the 2% career sales bonus at mid-month check too (and again at the month end). If you are a SC or higher those %'s are added only on end of month checks.

5. thanks for the info.

6. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Gold Member

Wait, so I'm a SC and just hit my 15K. So the extra 2% will only be added to month-end?

7. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Gold Member

If you hit the 15K this month, it will be reflected in next months checks (both mid and EOM) Your SC override is paid once a month, on the EOM check.

8. Thanks everyone :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.