• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Red Stains from Bowls: Watermelon Woes

love...my...bowls...but...they...stain.I put watermelon in the large bowl and I can't get the red out.:mad: Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on how to get this out?A while back when these first came out, some people were making the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad in them and noticing that the ketchup stained it. HO sent out an email stating that some things will stain them. So, it seems to be a pretty common occurrence (and a silly one if you ask me, especially given the price of these bowls!).As far as how to get them out, I'm afraid I'm no help. :(
Humble Beginnings
I love my bowls but they stain. I put watermelon in the large bowl and I can't get the red out.:mad: Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on how to get this out?

A while back when these first came out, some people were making the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad in them and noticing that the ketchup stained it. HO sent out an email stating that some things will stain them. So, it seems to be a pretty common occurrence (and a silly one if you ask me, especially given the price of these bowls!).As far as how to get them out, I'm afraid I'm no help. :(

Same thing happened to mine with the watermelon and I haven't been able to take the stains. I also would like to know what to do.

Have you tried a fine, bleach spray mist? Haven't tried it in the bowls....but use it with the chopper and cutting boards all the time!

I don't have the bowls, but I've found that my bowls that I have that do stain, I've used a paste made of baking soda and water and scrubbed. That's the only thing that's worked for me. )-: Good luck.

I wonder if a Magic Eraser would work on this?

pampchefsarah said:

That's a good idea!

Thank you so much everyone! I will try and let you know how it turns out! :)

Put it out in the sun! It's a miracle worker!

Also if you take dishwasher detergent (the liquid kind) and spread it onto the stained areas and let it dry, then scrub it off that has worked for me.

Humble Beginnings said:
I love my bowls but they stain. I put watermelon in the large bowl and I can't get the red out.:mad: Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on how to get this out?

I believe HO said that Cascade makes some kind of plastic cleaner that can be used on them. I think it was originally made for stained Tupperware.

cochef said:
I believe HO said that Cascade makes some kind of plastic cleaner that can be used on them. I think it was originally made for stained Tupperware.

Yep. I've never purchased it, and I've never looked for it. I need some for a one of the bowls in the colander and bowl set. Hopefully, it's still in the stores.

Mine are stained as well. What's even worse is that I made Pico de Gallo and stored it in the small one and the thing smells awful now. Everytime I take it out to show people at a a show, I'm completely grossed out by the smell, so now I use it for a garbage bowl.

pampchefsarah said:

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to put the chemicals that are in Magic Erasers on a surface where I eat. It could be hazardous...

just my opinion though....

TheNewMrsRue said:
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to put the chemicals that are in Magic Erasers on a surface where I eat. It could be hazardous...

just my opinion though....

I thought the whole premise of a Magic Eraser was that it didn't have chemicals?

Use and Care * Wash prior to first use. Lid is hand wash only. Bowl is dishwasher-safe. Do not dishwash in collapsed position.
* To open, lift up on rim and press down on center of bowl. Fill bowl as desired. Snap lid onto bowl.
* Not intended to be used as a mixing bowl.
* When transporting, do not place other items on lid. Lid cannot support additional weight.
* Lid also fits when bowl is collapsed. Smaller amounts of leftovers can be covered and refrigerated in collapsed position.
* The Collapsible Bowl was designed for outdoor entertaining to be used with foods such as fruit or vegetable salads, dips and chips, which are typically served cold. It is not intended for use of hot or warm foods such as soup, pasta or chili.
* Certain foods, such as tomato or watermelon, may stain the green band. To remove staining or odors, apply white distilled vinegar with a soft cloth; rinse and dry completely.
* Use in collapsed position for serving layered dips, fill outer area with chips!
* Three-year guarantee for noncommercial use. Refer to sales receipt for details.I think they also told us to store them with the lid off to help prevent stains and smells,

Thanks Cincy! I use vinegar for everything to clean with. I don't know why I didn't think of that.

cochef said:

The product that HO recommends has been discontinued by Cascade. I informed HO last winter when I was trying to remove a curry stain from my Chefs Tools Ladle. (I tried almost every kitchen cleaner product that had bleach - even bleach w/water. Never got it out all the way out.)

Recently I let a host put a pasta salad in my 8 qt Collapsible bowl for a Wedding Shower and the pepperoni? or tomato? stained the green. I tried the white vinegar and thought it was a joke. I finally got most of the stain lifted by using Soft Scrub with Bleach. I hated to use bleach on the bowl, but I didn't like the stains.

BeckyC5830 said:
The product that HO recommends has been discontinued by Cascade. I informed HO last winter when I was trying to remove a curry stain from my Chefs Tools Ladle. (I tried almost every kitchen cleaner product that had bleach - even bleach w/water. Never got it out all the way out.)

Recently I let a host put a pasta salad in my 8 qt Collapsible bowl for a Wedding Shower and the pepperoni? or tomato? stained the green. I tried the white vinegar and thought it was a joke. I finally got most of the stain lifted by using Soft Scrub with Bleach. I hated to use bleach on the bowl, but I didn't like the stains.
How are we supposed to sell products that stain so easily and still be able to sleep at night? If I pay good money for something, I don't want it to ruin when I use it.

Rosechef said:
Mine are stained as well. What's even worse is that I made Pico de Gallo and stored it in the small one and the thing smells awful now. Everytime I take it out to show people at a a show, I'm completely grossed out by the smell, so now I use it for a garbage bowl.

Wad up a piece of newspaper, put it in the bowl, put the lid on and let it sit overnight. The newspaper should absorb the smell. Baking soda might also work, although I've never tried it with that. The newspaper trick has worked for me in the past.

If you know that you are putting something in it that may stain, wipe the inside with a thin coat of PAM or crisco ...I mean thin...use a paper towel.. so the taste does not overwhelm the food. When you wash it, use cold water first until there is no stain then wash regularly. I used to sell Tupperware and thats what we used to tell customers.

This is an older thread but I wanted to let you all know a trick with stained white parts of your collapsible bowls and lids. My mom gave me back hers and said the lid is pink and it won't come out. I left it on the dashboard of the SUV during church and when I came back out...you guessed it....the lid was white. The sun bleached out the pink stain. Go figure!

1. How do I remove watermelon stains from my Pampered Chef bowl?

To remove watermelon stains from your Pampered Chef bowl, start by filling the bowl with warm water and adding a few drops of dish soap. Let the bowl soak for 10-15 minutes, then scrub the stained area with a soft sponge or cloth. If the stain persists, make a paste of baking soda and water and apply it to the stain. Let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing and rinsing the bowl.

2. Will using bleach damage my Pampered Chef bowl when trying to remove a watermelon stain?

It is not recommended to use bleach to remove watermelon stains from your Pampered Chef bowl. Bleach can damage the finish of the bowl and leave a strong odor. Stick to using dish soap and baking soda for safe and effective stain removal.

3. Can I use vinegar to remove watermelon stains from my Pampered Chef bowl?

Vinegar can be used as a natural stain remover for watermelon stains on your Pampered Chef bowl. Mix equal parts vinegar and water and soak the stained area for 10-15 minutes. Then, scrub the stain with a soft sponge or cloth and rinse the bowl thoroughly.

4. How do I prevent watermelon stains from forming on my Pampered Chef bowl?

To prevent watermelon stains on your Pampered Chef bowl, make sure to rinse it immediately after use and avoid leaving the bowl in direct sunlight. You can also try rubbing a small amount of cooking oil on the inside of the bowl before using it to make cleaning easier.

5. Can I put my Pampered Chef bowl in the dishwasher to remove watermelon stains?

It is not recommended to put your Pampered Chef bowl in the dishwasher to remove watermelon stains. The high heat and harsh detergents can cause damage to the bowl's finish. Stick to hand-washing with warm water and mild dish soap for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• letscook04
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
letscook04
  • jpanzenhagen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies