• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deep Cleaning Stoneware: Baking Soda Paste Method

In summary, to make a baking soda paste for deep cleaning stoneware, mix equal parts of baking soda and water in a bowl until it forms a thick paste. This method can be used on all types of stoneware, including glazed and unglazed stoneware, but not on stoneware with a non-stick coating. Let the paste sit on the stoneware for at least 30 minutes, or up to an hour for tougher stains. A regular kitchen brush or sponge can be used to scrub the stoneware, as long as it is non-abrasive. This method is safe for use on stoneware with tough stains or discoloration, as it will help to break them down and leave
stefani2
Does anyone know what the 'deep cleaning method' for Stoneware is?
I thought I remember something about baking soda paste?????

TIA - Jenna

Make a paste of baking soda and water and rub gently.

Yes - letting it soak in the paste for 10-15 minutes will help too. On a side note, another "deep cleaning" method is to put it in the dishwasher with NO soap. This will remove residue, but not the coloring.

c00p said:
Yes - letting it soak in the paste for 10-15 minutes will help too. On a side note, another "deep cleaning" method is to put it in the dishwasher with NO soap. This will remove residue, but not the coloring.
Although I wouldn't spread this around at shows b/c some have been known to break this way and it would void out the warrantee on it.

c00p said:
It is not recommended to put stoneware in the dishwasher, ever. The heat changes and high pressure water can create miniscule cracks in the stone that fill with water. These cracks may then cause product failure during a subsequent use.

Hmmmm, I've even talked to the test kitchens about this way and they agreed about it cleaning off the residue. I suppose I understand that they do have to caution against it.

1. How do I make the baking soda paste for deep cleaning stoneware?

To make the baking soda paste, mix equal parts of baking soda and water in a bowl until it forms a thick paste. Adjust the measurements as needed to cover the entire surface of your stoneware.

2. Can I use this method on all types of stoneware?

Yes, this method can be used on all types of stoneware, including glazed and unglazed stoneware. However, it is not recommended for stoneware with a non-stick coating.

3. How long should I let the baking soda paste sit on the stoneware?

You should let the baking soda paste sit on the stoneware for at least 30 minutes to allow it to loosen any stuck-on food particles. For tougher stains, you can let it sit for up to an hour.

4. Do I need to use a special brush or sponge to scrub the stoneware?

No, you can use a regular kitchen brush or sponge to scrub the stoneware. Just make sure to use one that is non-abrasive to avoid scratching the surface of the stoneware.

5. Is it safe to use this method on stoneware that has a lot of stains or discoloration?

Yes, this method is safe to use on stoneware with tough stains or discoloration. The baking soda paste will help to break down and remove these stains, leaving your stoneware looking clean and new again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• FFBearPChef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Zsu
  • ldynred7
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • byrd1956