• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effortless Cleaning: Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide for Sparkling Sheet Pans

In summary, the best way to remove baked on residue from a sheet pan is to soak it in hot, soapy water and use a scrub brush or non-abrasive sponge. Avoid using steel wool as it can cause damage. To prevent rusting, make sure to dry the pan thoroughly and coat it with vegetable oil. Most sheet pans are dishwasher safe, but use a gentle detergent. For burnt-on grease, use a baking soda and vinegar paste and scrub with a non-abrasive sponge.
DebPC
Staff member
Has anyone tried this?

How to clean your cookie sheets--Kitchen "Miracle" Cleaner!
You put about 1/4 cup of baking soda in a small glass bowl and squirt in hydrogen peroxide until it makes a nice paste. Then you rub it on the offending dirt/stain/grease...whatever! You can use a sponge or dish rag.

metal cleaner184412_463754500381110_1089644084_n.jpg

Haven't heard that one yet...but definitely worth checking out!

I've used baking soda and lemon juice (and a bit of muscle) for cleaning my shower tile grout. It works and I love that it is natural!

1. How do I remove baked on residue from my sheet pan?

The best way to remove baked on residue from a sheet pan is to soak it in hot, soapy water for at least 30 minutes. Then, use a scrub brush or non-abrasive sponge to gently scrub away the residue. For tougher stains, you can also make a paste using baking soda and water and let it sit on the pan for a few minutes before scrubbing.

2. Can I use steel wool to clean my sheet pan?

No, steel wool can scratch the surface of your sheet pan and cause damage. It's best to use a scrub brush or non-abrasive sponge to clean your sheet pan.

3. How do I prevent my sheet pan from rusting?

To prevent your sheet pan from rusting, make sure to dry it thoroughly after cleaning and before storing it. You can also lightly coat the pan with vegetable oil before storing to create a barrier against moisture.

4. Can I put my sheet pan in the dishwasher?

Yes, most sheet pans are dishwasher safe. However, check the manufacturer's instructions to make sure. Also, be sure to use a gentle dishwasher detergent to avoid any damage to the pan.

5. What is the best way to remove burnt-on grease from my sheet pan?

If your sheet pan has burnt-on grease, sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda onto the affected area and spray it with vinegar. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes before scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge. Rinse with hot water and repeat if necessary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gilliandanielle
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Braedensmom
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamela
Replies