• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Church Fundraising without Commission: Is it Common? | Insights & Experiences

Yes, common. Churches exist to bring people together to worship, not purchase. The best you can do is offer. It is not uncommon for churches to be strict about donations being made through fundraisers. This is because the main goal of a fundraiser is to raise money for the organization, not to benefit the individual.
princessmeshelle
OK, i have been kicking around the idea of doing offering a fundraiser to my church. i have been over the moon about it. even want to give my commission from it. well, i was talking to one of the ladies who use to run our MOPS program and she mentioned how when the first (and only) time she ever tried to fund raise for MOPS our financial guy has a hissy fit because the representative for the company was going to make commission off the fundraiser (like 5%). now, i was planning on donating my commission back because that is from my heart. but i was put off by the reported temper tantrum. so it has me wondering, is that common for churches to be really strict about that? it has disturbed me that i would be expected to donate my commission. i mean, it kinda makes me feel like my donating my commission isn't a great of a thing as i thought and that it won't be appreciated. i mean, i didn't plan on announcing it to the church, but i guess it just makes me feel like donating my commission would be meaningless. is this common with church fundraisers?

yes, common. Churches exist to bring people together to worship, not purchase. The best you can do is offer. Backup a second... fundraisers are not for you or making you feel good, bad, or indifferent, but for whatever organization to benefit from--as a community service. Get yourself out of the picture. You're doing a community service in offering your entire product line of fantastic quality products, at the same (not an inflated "fundraiser" price)Rather than ask us, make an appointment and go ask the finance hissy-fit guy how you would go about reporting the contribution you will be making to the church, based on the commission you will donate along with your regular offering. [the best defense is a good offense!]

scottcooks said:
yes, common. Churches exist to bring people together to worship, not purchase. The best you can do is offer.

Backup a second... fundraisers are not for you or making you feel good, bad, or indifferent, but for whatever organization to benefit from--as a community service. Get yourself out of the picture. You're doing a community service in offering your entire product line of fantastic quality products, at the same (not an inflated "fundraiser" price)

Rather than ask us, make an appointment and go ask the finance hissy-fit guy how you would go about reporting the contribution you will be making to the church, based on the commission you will donate along with your regular offering. [the best defense is a good offense!]

thank you for your reply. i just wanted to say that i know fundraisers aren't for making me feel good. i LOVE my church and if i can help them with a fundraiser i will. i was just a little thrown off and left wondering if it was common.

I have another PC lady in my church who has been a real jerk to me because I have told people in my Sunday School Class that I sell it. I'm not sure why she has acted this way since the people who bought from someone else before me didn't buy from her. My Church has had to make a "no DS parties" from anyone because of multiple people from the same vendor. The only acception is if someone is having a PC Wedding Shower and it is allowed then. Good luck with that. I hope they allow it because you sound like you are doing it for the "right reasons"!

Hi there,I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your church's fundraising policies. Every organization has their own guidelines and expectations when it comes to fundraising, and it's important to respect and follow those guidelines.In my experience as a Pampered Chef consultant, I have worked with many churches and non-profit organizations to help them raise funds. I have found that most churches are grateful for any support and donations, including commission from a fundraiser. However, it is possible that your church may have a policy against commission-based fundraising, which is why the financial guy had a reaction.I would suggest speaking with the leadership of your church to clarify their policies and see if there is a way to work together to support your fundraiser. You could also offer alternative options, such as donating a portion of your commission to a charity of the church's choice.At the end of the day, your intention to donate your commission is coming from a good place and that is what truly matters. Don't let this one experience discourage you from giving back and making a difference in your community. I wish you all the best with your fundraiser and hope it is a success!

1. Is it common for churches to do fundraising without commission?

Yes, it is becoming more common for churches to host fundraising events without commission. This means that the church is not paying a percentage of the funds raised to a third-party fundraising company. Instead, all of the funds go directly to the church.

2. How do churches typically raise funds without commission?

Churches often rely on donations, sponsorships, and ticket sales for fundraising events without commission. They may also sell products or host activities, such as bake sales or silent auctions, to raise funds.

3. Are there any benefits to fundraising without commission for churches?

Yes, there are several benefits to hosting fundraising events without commission. First, all of the funds raised go directly to the church, allowing for more money to be put towards important projects and initiatives. Additionally, it can create a stronger sense of community and involvement within the church.

4. Are there any disadvantages to fundraising without commission for churches?

One potential disadvantage is that it may require more effort and resources from the church to plan and execute a successful fundraising event without commission. Additionally, without the assistance of a third-party company, the church may be responsible for any financial risks or losses.

5. Do churches still use commission-based fundraising methods?

Yes, some churches may still choose to use commission-based fundraising methods, such as working with a third-party company or selling products with a portion of the proceeds going towards the church. However, the trend towards fundraising without commission is becoming increasingly popular among churches of all denominations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Monty060609
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Monty060609
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
  • KYCHEF