• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Starting Over as a Newbie Consultant - Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe Needed!

In summary, the author is saying that they are unsure if their September booking is going to happen, and if it doesn't then they will go inactive. They also have a confirmed show for October 13th. They are looking for help with a recipe for a chocolate lava cake, and are wondering
ChefAggi
Silver Member
Good Morning All!!!

So not sure if my 29th Sept booking is gonna be a go, if she doesn't host then I go inactive.. For a while I was getting really p---ed off about that, but have come to the conclusion that as hard as I tried to get bookings, it was not meant to be for this month. I'm still a newbie, having only starting in May and the summer was tough but I did manage to get my four needed shows to be an independent consultant. (its 6 in the States right)? Anyway, I DO have a confirmed definite show on hee hee of all days, Friday, Oct. 13th!!! ANYWAY one of the recipes I want to make is the Chocolate Lava Cake that is made in the rice cooker. I can't find the recipe anywhere. I have phoned and emailed my director for months to get that recipe from her as she said she has it and will share it, but nothing has come of that. Is there ANYONE out there that can help me!!!

Yep... since I don't have that much of a consultant career sales history, I don't mind if I have to start all over again right now. Once things eventually do pick up for me, then I will not want to lose my sales, but for now I have come to accept a possible inactivity. But plleeeeease keep your fingers, toes, eyes and anything else you can crossed for me!!

Cheers!:rolleyes:

Here is the recipe for you. Good luck with your show. I hope she follows through.

Molten Chocolate Lava Cake

One box of chocolate cake mix
ingredients to make the chocolate cake (from the back of the box)
One can of chocolate frosting

Empty cake mix and cake mix ingredients into Rice Cooker Plus and mix together.

Add ½ the can of frosting with Small Scoop.

Microwave for about 8-10 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Microwave time may vary.

This is how I've done it.
Mix the cake like you normally would, spray the rice cooker with oil, pour the cake in, spoon about 1/2 to 2/3 a can of ready made frosting into the batter and bake in the micro for about 10-12 minutes. I've done it with the lid and without. Both work but I think with the lid you get a more even surface so it sitys straighter when you invert it onto a plate.

Last edited:
You don't need to spray the rice cooker with oil, especially if you use oil in the batter of the cake mix. It will plop right out. I have done this recipe dozens of times at shows and they always love it.

Also, you can save yourself on washing extra dishes by mixing the batter right there in the rice cooker!

I have made this cake 6-7 times now and mine always comes out uneven on the top.....what am I doing wrong or do they all do this? I'm making another one tonight and would like to know if there is a secret.

Thank You!!!
kat29 said:
Here is the recipe for you. Good luck with your show. I hope she follows through.

Molten Chocolate Lava Cake

One box of chocolate cake mix
ingredients to make the chocolate cake (from the back of the box)
One can of chocolate frosting

Empty cake mix and cake mix ingredients into Rice Cooker Plus and mix together.

Add ½ the can of frosting with Small Scoop.

Microwave for about 8-10 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Microwave time may vary.

This is how I've done it.
Mix the cake like you normally would, spray the rice cooker with oil, pour the cake in, spoon about 1/2 to 2/3 a can of ready made frosting into the batter and bake in the micro for about 10-12 minutes. I've done it with the lid and without. Both work but I think with the lid you get a more even surface so it sitys straighter when you invert it onto a plate.

Thank you sooooooooo much!!! This weekend I'll pick up the ingredients and try it out and see how it works... if all goes well I will use it for my next show.. either end of this month or mid Oct!

Cheers!:rolleyes:

Hrm... can you make these cakes in the new mini cake pan? (silicon?)

Can you make it in the batter bowl?

1. How do I become a consultant for Pampered Chef?

To become a consultant for Pampered Chef, you can reach out to a current consultant or visit our website to sign up. You will need to purchase a starter kit and go through our training program to get started.

2. Do I need any prior experience to become a consultant?

No prior experience is necessary to become a consultant for Pampered Chef. Our training program will provide you with all the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful.

3. What is the commission structure for Pampered Chef consultants?

Pampered Chef consultants can earn 20-27% commission on their sales. The exact percentage depends on your monthly sales volume and can increase as you reach higher levels within the company.

4. Can I sell other products besides Pampered Chef?

As a consultant, you are an independent business owner and can sell other products besides Pampered Chef. However, we do have a non-compete policy that restricts selling similar products within the direct sales industry.

5. Can you provide a recipe for Chocolate Lava Cake?

Yes, we have a delicious and easy Chocolate Lava Cake recipe on our website that you can use for your Pampered Chef demonstrations. It's always a crowd favorite and a great way to showcase our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Carrie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
feather18
  • Mama2bowbaby
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dalesley
  • genburk