• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate Covered Bananas

In summary, to make chocolate coated bananas, melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave and dip the bananas. Any type of chocolate can be used and toppings like peanut butter or caramel can be added. Refrigerate or freeze the bananas for best results and they can last up to 3 days in the fridge.
DebPC
Staff member
Are these good???
Thinking of making these for a show using new Herb Freezing Trays. Would you make them ahead and freeze or wait until you get there? I was thinking of using 2 panels from Cool and Serve Tray to keep them cold on the drive. My show is 45 minutes away.

I made them with enjoy life chips, put them in the freezer for about 20 minutes and then my son put them in his snack cupboard and they were fine. I found them 2 days later. They hadn't melted. They were really hard just out of the freezer. He liked them better room temp. (I mixed one cup of chips with 1 teaspoon canola oil. melted 1 minute in the microwave, stirred, then did another 30 seconds.).

It's difficult to say without knowing what type of food you are planning to make, but generally speaking, freezing trays can be a great tool for meal prep and making food ahead of time. Whether or not you should make the food ahead and freeze it or wait until you get to the show will depend on the specific recipe and how well it holds up when frozen. Some dishes may not taste as good after being frozen and reheated, while others may be perfectly fine. It's always a good idea to test the recipe beforehand to see how it holds up in the freezer. As for using the Cool and Serve Tray to keep the food cold during the drive, that sounds like a good idea to ensure the food stays fresh and safe to eat. Just make sure to follow food safety guidelines and keep the food at the appropriate temperature.

1. How do I make the chocolate coating for the bananas?

To make the chocolate coating, you will need to melt chocolate chips or chocolate wafers in a double boiler or in the microwave. Dip the bananas into the melted chocolate and let them cool on a lined baking sheet.

2. Can I use any type of chocolate for the coating?

You can use any type of chocolate that you prefer, such as milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate. You can also add in other flavors, such as peanut butter or caramel, to the melted chocolate for a twist on the classic chocolate covered banana.

3. Do I need to refrigerate the chocolate covered bananas?

Yes, it is best to refrigerate the chocolate covered bananas to help the chocolate set and prevent it from melting. You can also freeze the bananas for a frozen treat.

4. Can I add toppings to the chocolate covered bananas?

Yes, you can add toppings such as chopped nuts, sprinkles, or shredded coconut to the chocolate coating before it sets. This will add texture and flavor to the chocolate covered bananas.

5. How long will the chocolate covered bananas last?

The chocolate covered bananas will last for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. However, they are best enjoyed within the first day of making them for the freshest taste and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • magentablue
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
magentablue
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies