• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate Chips for Polka Dots on Cakes

In summary, for polka dots on a cake, you can use about 1/4 cup of chocolate chips for every 9-inch layer of cake. Semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips work best, but any type can be used. The chocolate chips can be melted in the microwave or on the stovetop using a double boiler. Other types of candies or toppings such as M&M's, sprinkles, or fruit can also be used. If using fresh fruit, it is recommended to refrigerate the cake, otherwise, it can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container.
DebPC
Staff member
Never thought of this.

chocolate chips as polka dotsg.jpg

This is SO cute!!!

I love polka dots and there are mini's and regulars and aren't there bigger ones.

You can use Wilton's Candy Melts for larger, colored dots too!

Cute! I had to resort to them for color on my daughter's cake in 2010. The on-base people would print the icing photo for us, but they quit making the cakes. We had just moved a couple of months before & I hadn't found my food coloring yet ... and the Commisary (grocery store) was out of food coloring! LOLhttps://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/67431_1654369324302_4660232_n.jpgThe cake you posted looks much cuter! LOL I've done chocolate shavings with the garlic slicer since then ... but didn't have it back then to use.

1. How many chocolate chips should I use for polka dots on a cake?

It ultimately depends on the size and design of your cake, but as a general rule, you can use about 1/4 cup of chocolate chips for every 9-inch layer of cake. For smaller cakes, you can reduce the amount accordingly.

2. What type of chocolate chips work best for polka dots on cakes?

Semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips tend to work best for creating defined and visible polka dots on cakes. However, you can use any type of chocolate chips based on your personal preference.

3. How should I melt the chocolate chips for polka dots on cakes?

You can melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in 20-second intervals, stirring in between, until they are completely melted. You can also use a double boiler on the stovetop to melt the chocolate chips.

4. Can I use other types of candies or toppings for polka dots on cakes?

Absolutely! While chocolate chips are a popular choice, you can also use other types of candies or toppings such as M&M's, sprinkles, or even small pieces of fruit to create polka dots on cakes.

5. Do I need to refrigerate the cake with chocolate chip polka dots?

If you are using fresh fruit as the polka dots, it is recommended to refrigerate the cake. Otherwise, if you are using chocolate chips or other non-perishable toppings, you can store the cake at room temperature in an airtight container.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennifer Hunsucker
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • LaureNJohn