• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe?

In summary, Amanda is testing different cookie recipes and trying various methods to find the best recipe. Her favorite recipe uses butter flavored Crisco and a cake mix. Her other favorite recipe uses melted butter.
babywings76
Gold Member
My son is requesting chocolate chip cookies. I've been on the hunt for the perfect cookie (not too flat, not too soft that it breaks taking it off the pan, not too gooey, not too chewy, but not crispy either.) I know, it's a tall order. I've been testing different recipes each time.

So...what's your favorite recipe? :D

I use the recipe on the back of the nestle toll house chocolate chip bag. They are perfect everytime.

I found that parchment on our new cookie sheets make the best cookies - I also use the Nestle's but add more flour so they are "puffier". I am sad to say this but I do not like baking cookies on our stones. - love them for cakes and brownies and all sorts of other things but since I have tried the metal sheet pans and especially the new cookie sheet - I have fallen in love with those! Just made the best batch of cookies thanks to the parchment and cookie sheet, thanks to Nestle too.

Ditto on the Nestle recipe, I usually bake them on stones, guess I need to make a batch of cookies (for the sake of experiment) and try out the new cookie sheet... ;)

love, Love, LOVE :love: the recipe that uses pudding mix in the batter. Love the flexibility in changing up the flavor. SO GOOD. I'm attaching two copies...one is doubled. I got these from this site, don't know who originally posted them, but THANKS to whoever did. :love:

Attachments

• Award Winning Chocolate Chip Cookies.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 472
  • Award Winning Chocolate Chip Cookies - Single Batch.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 414
Here is the secret that my Grandmother pass on to me, and they turn out awesome. First of all use the 1 tsp of salt, dont skimp. Use Butter Flavored Crisco and Sift your dry ingredients. She always used the Toll-House recipe. She used the metal cookie sheets, but I use the stone and they turn out just like Grandma's.

Fabulous Cake Mix Cookies
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick softened butter
2 eggs
1 12 oz pkg chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat to 350

Cream butter and eggs in mixing bowl. Add cake mix and combine thoroughly. Add the chips and nuts and combine again. Use small scoop to drop onto cookie sheet. Bake until bottom is brown, about 10-12 minutes.

nikked said:
love, Love, LOVE :love: the recipe that uses pudding mix in the batter. Love the flexibility in changing up the flavor. SO GOOD. I'm attaching two copies...one is doubled. I got these from this site, don't know who originally posted them, but THANKS to whoever did. :love:

Chef Ann posted this recipe, and it's my family's favorite.

I second (or third?) the Nestle tollhouse recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag. I've been using it for about 20 years and on stoneware for about 10 of them! LOVE them!

My Mom makes the best cookies, uses the Toll house recipe and whips her butter till it's light and fluffy

I love the cake mix cookies! My daughter and I make them all the time, just dont use a butter cake recipe. They are so easy to make! My brother is a truck driver and he often requests those cookies to take over the road with him.

Tollhouse package and I use butter flavored Crisco.

Amanda, why didn't you invite me over to help out with the recipe testing????????? ;-)

The Tollhouse recipe is great in the large bar pan, too. Instead of making individual cookies, spread the dough out in the pan. Bake 20 minutes. When cool, cut into squares like brownies. Except I call them Blondies.:)

susanr613 said:
Tollhouse package and I use butter flavored Crisco.

Amanda, why didn't you invite me over to help out with the recipe testing????????? ;-)

You guys are always welcome to come by! So many recipes, so little time! ;) And I'm going to gain a ton of weight on this hunt for the perfect recipe. lol

Well, I made the recipe on the bag of Nestle's Toll House choc. chips, but I used margarine...definitely need to do butter or butter flavored crisco next time to see if that's better because these weren't my favorite.

A question I tend to have is how long to cream the butter and sugars. Sometimes I wonder if I'm doing it too long, or not long enough. Some recipes have you add the vanilla then, some have you do it later. Some have you sift flour, some don't. Some add one egg at a time, others both together.

I have another recipe that's pretty good, where you melt the butter. They have great flavor, but the texture of them isn't the best all the time. They are kind of thick. They don't spread much when they bake. But the flavor is great.

My all-time favorite flavor cookie is the one I grew up with, but when I make it they spread too much and are pretty flat. They taste wonderful and are soft and chewy, but they break easily. It's a Toll House oatmeal, nut, and choc. chip cookie recipe...I need to see if it's the one on the bag or if the recipe I use is altered.

My mom's recipe substituted 1/2 the butter for Crisco from the Nestle's recipe. It makes the texture of the cookies so much better...they don't flatten out and feel so greasy. I cringe when I scoop the Crisco out, but hey....choc chip cookies are not health food.

Ditto to the last post. My mom had a cleaning lady who would make cookies for us. She always used half butter (not margarine) and half Crisco. Since then, I have omitted the vanilla and put a few less tablespoons of flour (when I double the recipe). And when I double the recipe I only use the 2 cups or 1 bag to my recipe. In other words, when I make the recipe as directed on the bag I would only use half the bag of Choc. chips. Still delicious and chocolately!!
Try the half butter/half Crisco...you will love it!! Perfect!
Deb

I do the tollhouse recipe also, and LOVE the way they turn out on the stones. I actually took a picture to show how different the bottoms come out on stone vs cookie sheet. The ones done on the stone were the same color/texture on the bottom as they were on the top.
Amy

Attachments

• cookies bottom.jpg
    cookies bottom.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 433
  • cookies top.jpg
    cookies top.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 482
I made chocolate chip cookies this weekend (the cheater kind in a tube, didn't have a lot of time) and I made half on the new cookie sheet and half on a stone and then my DH and I taste tested for difference, not much! The ones on the cookie sheet were a tad bit crispier then the stone ones, other than that, we didn't see a whole lot of difference. Both cleaned up easily...

What are the ingredients needed for the chocolate chip cookie recipe?

The ingredients needed for the chocolate chip cookie recipe are all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, unsalted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, eggs, and chocolate chips.

How do I make the chocolate chip cookies chewy?

To make the chocolate chip cookies chewy, use more brown sugar than white sugar in the recipe. The brown sugar contains more moisture, which will result in a chewier texture.

Can I substitute the butter with a healthier alternative?

Yes, you can substitute the butter with applesauce or mashed bananas for a healthier option. This will also make the cookies slightly chewier and softer.

How do I prevent my chocolate chip cookies from spreading too much?

To prevent the cookies from spreading too much, make sure to chill the dough for at least 30 minutes before baking. This will solidify the butter and prevent the cookies from spreading too much in the oven.

Can I freeze the chocolate chip cookie dough?

Yes, you can freeze the chocolate chip cookie dough for up to 3 months. Make sure to wrap the dough tightly with plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container before freezing. When ready to bake, let the dough thaw in the refrigerator before baking as usual.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
janezapchef
Replies