• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Cherry Pie Filling Be Combined with Chocolate Brownies?

In summary, this conversation covers various questions about substitutions and variations for a brownie recipe. It is possible to substitute fresh cherries for frozen ones, use different types of chocolate, make and freeze the brownies ahead of time, use different fruits, and add nuts for extra crunch. However, it is important to keep in mind that these substitutions may alter the flavor and texture of the brownies.
chefmelody
I had an idea to experiment with combining cherry pie filling with chocolate brownies. I was thinking I'd either mix it in the batter, or drop it by spoonfuls on top if I were making a cheesecake-swirl brownie mix. Has anyone ever tried anything like this? I'd assume if I were mixing it in, I'd have to reduce some of the water in the recipie, right? How about dropping spoonfuls on top?

Mmm, I want chocolate-covered cherries now...

Yes, I have tried something like this before. I mixed cherry pie filling into the brownie batter, and it was delicious! The cherry flavor really came through, and the combination of flavors was great. I also recommend dropping spoonfuls of cherry pie filling on top of a brownie mix for a cheesecake swirl. It adds a great flavor and texture. You should reduce some of the water in the recipe if you are mixing the cherry pie filling into the batter, but not too much. You want to keep the moisture content in the recipe relatively the same.

I haven't personally tried combining cherry pie filling with chocolate brownies, but it definitely sounds like a delicious idea! I think mixing it into the batter would be the way to go, as dropping spoonfuls on top might not distribute the filling evenly throughout the brownies. As for reducing the water in the recipe, I would definitely recommend doing so to avoid the batter becoming too liquidy. And yes, now I'm craving chocolate-covered cherries too! Let us know how your experiment turns out!

1. Can I substitute fresh cherries for frozen cherries in the recipe?

Yes, you can substitute fresh cherries for frozen cherries in this recipe. Just make sure to pit and chop the cherries before adding them to the brownie batter.

2. Can I use a different type of chocolate instead of dark chocolate?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate that you prefer in this recipe. However, be aware that using a different type of chocolate may alter the flavor and texture of the brownies.

3. Can I make these brownies ahead of time and freeze them?

Yes, you can make these brownies ahead of time and freeze them for up to 3 months. To freeze, let the brownies cool completely, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap, and place them in an airtight container. Thaw in the refrigerator before serving.

4. Can I use a different type of fruit instead of cherries?

Yes, you can use a different type of fruit in this recipe. Some great alternatives to cherries include raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries.

5. Can I add nuts to the brownie batter?

Yes, you can add chopped nuts to the brownie batter for an extra crunch. Walnuts or pecans would be a great addition to these chocolate-cherry brownies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies