• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Discontinued Chillzanne Bowl Dishwasher Safe?

In summary, the Chillzanne Bowl is no longer available and is not dishwasher safe. The warranty is for 3 years.
leftymac
I have a coworker who has brought in a Chillzanne Bowl that has cracked and bubbled up on the inside. I tried looking up the use and care on CC but it's no longer there since it's been discontinued. Can anyone tell me whether or not it is dishwasher safe and how long the guarantee is? I'm trying to determine whether or not she can get a new one.

Thanks!
Keith

No, it's not dishwasher safe. It has a 3-year warranty.

raebates said:
No, it's not dishwasher safe. It has a 3-year warranty.

Thanks so much! My guess is that it was put in the dishwasher.

My pleasure. You're probably right about the dishwasher. People get so used to just throwing everything in, they don't stop to think.

Is it the large or the small one?

I have a large one that I got for myself but have never used (and don't think I will). It is still in the box, the only thing that is not perfect is the use and care instructions, which have a slight wrinkle and a couple of drips on the top sheet from being on my counter when I first got it, but really doesn't look bad, just not perfect.

Actually, it's a good thing I looked at the U & C, because It says it CAN go in the dishwasher!

And I quote: "Wash prior to first use; dishwasher safe when placed away from the heating element".

Who'd a thunk... I always figured that was a no-no too.

Actually it IS dishwasher safe. I was shocked to find that out about a year or so ago.

Oops! Annie & I posted at the same time.

I have no idea if it's a large or small one. I've never seen any Chillzane products except the rectangular server in person. So it IS dishwasher safe...that changes it then. I'll have to talk to my coworker. My guess is that it's more than 3 years old anyway. I'm sure she won't know when she got it.

How could I have forgotten that they're dishwasher safe? Duh! I don't put them in the dishwasher because it's usually pretty easy to quickly wash them up. Sorry I gave you bogus info, Keith.

leftymac said:
I have no idea if it's a large or small one. I've never seen any Chillzane products except the rectangular server in person. So it IS dishwasher safe...that changes it then. I'll have to talk to my coworker. My guess is that it's more than 3 years old anyway. I'm sure she won't know when she got it.

Okay - here is the way to tell how old it is!

If you look on PC products, on most of them there is what looks to be a little clock face. Except instead of telling time by the hour, it tells the month and year it was made. The big hand is the month and the small hand is the year. This will at least give you a ballpark figure of when it was made/purchased.

I just checked, and my Chillzanne has this on it.

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - here is the way to tell how old it is!

If you look on PC products, on most of them there is what looks to be a little clock face. Except instead of telling time by the hour, it tells the month and year it was made. The big hand is the month and the small hand is the year. This will at least give you a ballpark figure of when it was made/purchased.

I just checked, and my Chillzanne has this on it.

I was wondering what that clock face was! Anyway, she decided herself (before I knew about the clockface) that it was older than 3 years and just threw it out.

They are NOT microwave safe! My BIL learned the hard way when he tried to put my sister's in the microwave. It bubbled slightly in a few spots but one spot completely burst open. It then became the cat's water dish.

See? Now you've got me wondering why anyone would put a bowl that's made to be frozen in the microwave.

So, was it a large one, and does she want to replace it :D?

AnnieBee said:
So, was it a large one, and does she want to replace it :D?

I believe it was a small one. It looked to be about a 2 qt size, maybe a little smaller.

Hmmm, the large one is 12 cups/ 3Litres. Not sure about the small one. Anyone else know?

Last edited:
AnnieBee said:
Hmmm, te large one is 12 cups/ 3Litres. Not sure about the small one. Anyone else know?

The small one is only 2 cups.

Thanks Becky :)

The use and care guide says the chillzanne bowls are dishwasher safe, so when I moved into my new house 2 years ago with my very fist dishwasher, I, of course, threw my small chillzanne bowl in there. I think the first time it was fine, then after that it started to get a "pregnant" welp in the bottom of it. That was before I was a consultant and just pitched the thing. Now I have two small ones that I rotate out as cereal bowls! I used to take it to shows, before the line was discountinued, with the BLT dip. Anyway, in my opinion they are not dishwasher safe and only hand wash mine now.

1. Is the Discontinued Chillzanne Bowl Dishwasher Safe?

Yes, the Discontinued Chillzanne Bowl is dishwasher safe. It is made from durable stoneware that can withstand the high heat and water pressure of a dishwasher.

2. Can I put the Chillzanne Bowl in the microwave?

No, the Chillzanne Bowl is not safe for use in the microwave. It is made from stoneware, which can crack or break if exposed to high heat.

3. What is the best way to clean the Chillzanne Bowl?

The best way to clean the Chillzanne Bowl is by hand washing it with warm water and mild dish soap. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers that could damage the stoneware.

4. Will the color of the Chillzanne Bowl fade after multiple dishwasher cycles?

No, the color of the Chillzanne Bowl is designed to withstand multiple dishwasher cycles without fading. However, it is always recommended to follow the care instructions to prolong the life of the product.

5. Can the Chillzanne Bowl be used in the oven?

Yes, the Chillzanne Bowl is oven safe up to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. It is perfect for reheating dishes or keeping food warm while entertaining.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • jross93
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • BethCooks4U
  • Products and Tips
Replies