• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tantalizing Chicken Parmesan: Easy Recipe for Delicious Home Cooking!

In summary, Ann shares a recipe for Chicken Parmesan that she has used in the past. She also mentions that it depends on what's in the house, and that there is usually very little oil or salt used in the recipe. There is also another recipe that she uses which is simply grilled chicken with sauce.
ahammons
Does anyone have a good recipe for Chicken Parmesan?? It's one of my favorite dishes, but I usually only get it when I go out to eat. I'd like to start making it at home... I actually had some for lunch today, and my oldest DS shared it with me. Seriously, I could eat it everyday! lol

I don't use a recipe, I just cook a chicken breast with some garlic. Sometimes I bread the chicken in flour, sometimes not. Then I serve it with noodles and sauce with lots of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.

We usually just take chicken breast, flatten them out a little. Coat in flour, egg, italian breads crumbs, then back in the egg and more bread crumbs for a thicker coating. Then on the bar pan in the oven (don't have an exact time or temp!). Towards the end of cooking, pour on your favorite sauce and top with motz cheese until brown.

Not really an exact recipe, just one that I made myself one day in the kitchen.

I can't wait to hear the responses. I love this dish too!

Ann, do you use any olive oil? I've seen so many different ways to make it .... it just makes me nervous that I'll mess it up. lol I'm sure it's super easy, I'm just a chicken when it comes to making things for the first time. :rolleyes:

I never thought to bake it on the bar pan - great idea!!

I love chicken Parmesan too. Here is the recipe I have used and love. I haven't converted it to use with PC yet, but here it is. Chicken Parmesan½ cup dry bread crumbs
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup egg substitute
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheeseIn a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt. In another bowl, beat egg substitute. Dip chicken in egg substitute, then roll in crumbs. Place in a 13in. x 9-in. x 2 in. baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 10 min. Turn chicken; bake for 10 minutes. Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken; bake for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses; bake 10 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear.

I usually just grill it in the grill pan. Very little, if any, oil on it at all. And then I use what I have in the spritzer (usually canola or the extra light tasting olive oil that looks like canola oil).

My "recipe" depends on what's in the house, too. If there's a can of mushrooms on the shelf, then I throw them into the sauce. Maybe some sauteed onion, or browned tomato paste (it caramelizes the sugar and makes it taste rich). I've also been known to make Veal Parm using those breaded veal patties from the grocery store.

One quick tip about breading chicken. I was always told to coat it in flour first before egg because it helps get any moisture off the chicken to help the egg stick better. Don't know if it's exactly true but I do it every time. Good thing to make in the new coating trays. Start with flour in the small one, egg in the 2nd and bread crumbs in the 3rd.

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions! :)

you girls work way to hard at this!! :)

even out your chicken (w/ tenderizer) , dip in egg wash, coat w/ italian seasoned bread crumbs, place in 9x13 baker, cover with sauce, cover pan w/ foil, bake at 375* for about 45 minutes remove from oven, sprinkle a few handfuls of cheese re-cover until cheese is melted. You will be able to cut it with your fork!
one of my fav's too!

What ingredients do I need to make Tantalizing Chicken Parmesan?

To make Tantalizing Chicken Parmesan, you will need:- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour- 2 eggs, beaten- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese- 1/4 cup olive oil- 2 cups marinara sauce- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese- Salt and pepper to taste

Can I use a different type of cheese instead of mozzarella?

Yes, you can use any type of melty cheese you prefer, such as provolone or fontina.

Do I have to use marinara sauce or can I use a different type of pasta sauce?

You can use any type of pasta sauce you like, but we recommend using a tomato-based sauce for the classic chicken parmesan flavor.

How long does it take to cook Tantalizing Chicken Parmesan?

It takes about 30 minutes to cook Tantalizing Chicken Parmesan in the oven at 375°F. However, cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.

Can I make Tantalizing Chicken Parmesan ahead of time and reheat it?

Yes, you can make Tantalizing Chicken Parmesan ahead of time and reheat it in the oven at 375°F for about 15-20 minutes. Just make sure to cover it with foil to prevent the cheese from burning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kate0831
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • ButterflyVioletta
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
TrishPCMommy
  • donnathepamperedchef