• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disappointing Dinner: A Recipe Gone Wrong

In summary, the recipe is good, but needs more ingredients, and a step by step guide would be helpful.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I really wanted to like this recipe but I made it for dinner tonight and it just seems incomplete. I feel like it needs something more than just chicken, sauce and cheese. I think it needs noodles or something to give it more body. The croutons were a little weird too. Some of them came out really tough and were hard to eat.

I know what you mean. My hubby and I don't like chicken parm so I made it with ground beef....was ehhh....I think it needs something too.

We were told at our team meeting last night that it is more of a "chilie" feel and to make noodles with it.

We thought it was very good. It was a hearty soup and we had a salad with it. The croutons were great and I love the tip on making them even if I just want some for a salad.

I skipped the crutons in mine all together. Added a box of whole wheat penne pasta and used a whole quart jar of sauce (I think thats doubling the sauce). Cooked for 16 minutes, stirring half way through. It was really good this way!

We had it at our meeting last night and thought it was great! Nice chunky tomatoes, chicken, and the big croutons, some soggy and then some from the topping, cheese, it was great! The only thing I was thinking was that you could add some zucchini to it if you want a little big of veggies in there.

made it for our meeting and it was good...but then I made it for my family and they didnt like the soggy croutons in it..so for my own pc party I had last week at my house I left out the croutons and had guests add theirs in when serving it. seems muched better, But I too think pasta would be good with it...

A consultant in my group made it for us but added tons of extra cheese. It was good but I think it needs noodles or something too.

does anyone have this recipe already typed up in a word doc?

We had it this evening at our team meeting. It was pretty tasty and hearty. I would definitely do it at a show.

I made this last night, and my family loved it. Again, my picky eater had quite a helping also.

What I did:
When I was cooking the chicken in the RCB, I put some Garlic & Herb rub on the chicken breasts. Probably would have worked also with Italian Seasoning, or Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic (one of my favs). I also added some pressed garlic cloves. Cooked that up, and it gave the chicken some flavor instead of being bland cooked chicken.

I didn't have French Bread, so I made the "Quick & easy homemade yeast bread" from here in the DCB. Used 2-3 slices to make my croutons (YUM!!), and then we had the rest of the bread with our soup.

The only thing I would do differently is not put the croutons on the soup. I'd put the cheese, but leave the croutons off until served, then put them on each serving. I don't care for soggy bread. :)

made this last night but of course had to substitute...so used Italian seasoning mix on chicken and parmesan garlic oil dipping seasoning in the soup.....we liked it, but would like to make it using the correct ingredients..
so if no one has the recipe typed up is it posted somewhere...can you tell I don't want to type...

byrd1956 said:
made this last night but of course had to substitute...so used Italian seasoning mix on chicken and parmesan garlic oil dipping seasoning in the soup.....we liked it, but would like to make it using the correct ingredients..
so if no one has the recipe typed up is it posted somewhere...can you tell I don't want to type...

it would be in the Season's Best recipe search pages on Cons.Corner. Just look for the FW12 Season's best edition- should be the default page when you get there. Then find the soup. Select it and then select the Print Edition (on the next page). You can copy/paste it there.

If you have your Season's Best from your Changeover Kit, it is in there too.

I made this for the first time today for my team meeting today with two of my team members. I had sent my hubby to the store for the french bread and mozzarella cheese, but I think he got lost as my meeting has been over for an hour (He left an hour before the meeting, and the meeting and they were here for 2.25 hours) and he is still not back :rolleyes::grumpy:.

With that being said, I realized I had hot dog rolls in the fridge, and remember the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad recipe used the rolls for croutons, so I cut up those and used that as a substitution. Although it wasn't the same, I used extra parmesan cheese to replace the mozzarella cheese. It was a hit.

For those that have already done this for a show, how do you prepare the chicken ahead of time? The DCB would need to be cleaned up (and the lid cooled) before preparing the croutons, so I wasn't sure about cooking the chicken in the DCB as part of the show prep. Would you have the host have the chicken already cooked?

Bren706 said:
Would you have the host have the chicken already cooked?

Yes. It's a great recipe when you have leftover rotisserie chicken too.

I was thinking that I would bring both my DCB and my RCB. I would then do the croutons ASAP as soon as I started my demo so that I could show the raw chicken going in the RCB. Then while the chicken cooks I take the coutons out and put them in a bowl to cool and put the rest of the ingreidients in the DCB. When the chicken is done I will take it out and use the salad choppers to cut up the chicken, add it to the DCB and then done! i have also been adding fresh pasta on the side for this soup too.

If I did do this at a show (I'm still considering it only because other people might like it). I would probably have the host precook the chicken but talk about making the chicken in the baker. I thought about doing it right as I walk in the door but it comes down to timing and making sure that the DCB was clean before it was time to work on the croutons.

This is one of my favorite recipes!! And makes for a great demo!

But I make several changes to it. First I add onion (can be chopped with food chopper or manual food processor for demos, about 1/2 of medium onion) and zucchini (I like to use the julienne peeler for demos and then just cut pieces into smaller cubes to actually add to soup, about 1-2 medium sized).

I also prefer the Italian seasoning for the soup and I sprinkle it along with a little salt and pepper on the chicken. I do use the garlic herb for the croutons, but Italian is good for it too.

For demo purposes, I use one of my pieces of cookware to cook the chicken, but I still have it pre-cooked before the guests get there and then just talk about cookware, makes for a good segway to talk about cookware.

And finally, I actually prefer this to cook in the oven. I just think it tastes better! I do the croutons in the microwave and finish the soup off in the oven, it's just heating the ingredients anyways, so only takes like 15-20 minutes or so, if oven is preheated to 400. When serving, I allow each person to top with croutons so they do not get soggy and it's easier to store left-overs (if you have any!!)

This recipe is a big hit with my family and my customers and it's perfect for winter!

I bring both my RCB and DCB to my shows. i cook the chicken 10 minutes in the RCB before people get there and as they walk in, i show them how to use the salad choppers to lift up the checken and shread it. I also cut the bread into slices before anyone gets there, except for maybe one piece (to demo the cutting board).

Very simple recipe and quick... LOVE the garlic and herb seasoning

OMG just made this recipe at school for teachers and it was a big hit. For those that think may be missing something....try toasting your croutons in garlic oil and Parmesan garlic oil dipping seasoning. then also add seasoning to the pot with everything....hope this helps...YUUUMMMOOO

I LOVE this recipe and served over those thin little Parmesan flavored noodles from the box! It added just the perfect touch! I think I might add mushrooms next time!

I add cheese tortellini to mine. One of my husband's new favorites.

1. What should I do if I accidentally add too much salt to my dish?

If you've added too much salt to your dish, try adding a squeeze of lemon juice or a splash of vinegar to balance out the flavors. You can also add a starchy ingredient like potatoes or rice to absorb some of the excess salt. If all else fails, you can dilute the dish by adding more of the other ingredients.

2. How can I save a dish that turned out too spicy?

If your dish is too spicy, you can try adding a dairy product like yogurt or sour cream to mellow out the heat. You can also add a sweet or tangy ingredient like honey or lime juice to balance out the spiciness. If the dish is still too spicy, try serving it with a side of plain rice or bread to help tone down the heat.

3. What can I do if my dish is too dry?

If your dish turned out too dry, you can try adding a bit of liquid like broth, water, or a canned/jarred sauce to add moisture. You can also try topping the dish with a sauce or dressing to add flavor and moisture. Another option is to serve the dish with a side of gravy or a creamy sauce to help moisten it.

4. How do I fix a dish that is too bland?

If your dish is lacking in flavor, you can try adding more of the spices and seasonings that the recipe calls for. You can also try adding a bit of acid like lemon juice or vinegar to brighten up the flavors. Another option is to add a bit of heat with hot sauce or chili flakes. If the dish is still too bland, try serving it with a flavorful topping like salsa, chutney, or pesto.

5. What should I do if my dish comes out burnt?

If your dish is burnt, unfortunately there isn't much you can do to save it. However, you can salvage some of the other ingredients by carefully picking out the unburnt parts. If the entire dish is burnt, consider making a new dish or ordering takeout as a backup option. In the future, make sure to keep an eye on your dish while it cooks to avoid burning it again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • Brenda K.
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • Loveh20mi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies