• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Chicken Fajitas Made in the Deep Covered Baker

I'll have to try that!Thanks for all the help! The Linda document has a lot of recipes for the oven, which they didn't want. But, I think I have enough to get them started with the microwave!
Trish in Texas
Gold Member
Does someone have this recipe typed up? I've got the potential for selling 3 or 4 of the DCB'ers and want to send this to the folks that are interested. They're really interested in the 30-minute or less recipes you can do in the DCB in the microwave. Any other suggestions? I have the ones from CC aready typed up.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

gonna try to post the file I got from Becky!

Attachments

• chickenfajitasandmargaritasrecipes.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 964
Trish in Texas said:
Does someone have this recipe typed up? I've got the potential for selling 3 or 4 of the DCB'ers and want to send this to the folks that are interested. They're really interested in the 30-minute or less recipes you can do in the DCB in the microwave. Any other suggestions? I have the ones from CC aready typed up.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I was just on a director call with my upline and we JUST talked about this. I'll send the doc when they send it to me!

Here's what I typed up

Attachments

• Chicken Fajitas.doc
    31 KB · Views: 682
everyone once again beats me to it :)
I have done this recipe in the DCB and I love it!! I love the DCB, use it 4-5 nighs a week and my hostess got hers today and was so excited.
It is in the SB 08 cookbook, oh wait that is chicken tortilla and it is FABULOUS :)
I can type it up if you need me too :)

pamperedlinda said:
Here's what I typed up

Linda's doc is very, very close to what was described today on the director call. I'm glad I read this before I went to the work of typing it out!:thumbup:

Trish in Texas said:

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Here is a document that I swiped from here...

I give it out to anyone who orders a DCB!

Attachments

• Covered Baker Recipe flyer.doc
    46.5 KB · Views: 680
Thanks for all the help! The Linda document has a lot of recipes for the oven, which they didn't want. But, I think I have enough to get them started with the microwave!

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Thanks ladies- so helpful!

Trish in Texas said:
Thanks for all the help! The Linda document has a lot of recipes for the oven, which they didn't want. But, I think I have enough to get them started with the microwave!

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Good catch about the oven. The show that my friend does uses only the microwave. Put the tortillas in a SA plate or minibaker for a couple minutes in the microwave. That was the only thing I saw in Linda's doc that said oven.

I would separate the vegies from the chicken when cooked and use the salad choppers to cut the chicken into bite size pieces (or the food chopper but there's a little less control with that if you don't want it too small).

Trish in Texas said:

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I think you have mine confused with Kelly's.

BethCooks4U said:
Good catch about the oven. The show that my friend does uses only the microwave. Put the tortillas in a SA plate or minibaker for a couple minutes in the microwave. That was the only thing I saw in Linda's doc that said oven.

I started only using the microwave lately too. I nuke the tortillas while we're chopping the chicken.

pamperedlinda said:
I think you have mine confused with Kelly's.

I started only using the microwave lately too. I nuke the tortillas while we're chopping the chicken.

Kelly's attachment doesn't have fajitas in it... If it does I'm blind - I looked twice.

You can also substitute the Chipolte Rub for the SW seasoning in this recipe.

BethCooks4U said:
Kelly's attachment doesn't have fajitas in it... If it does I'm blind - I looked twice.

No, but it does have a lot of recipes using the oven - that's why I thought she was confusing us. Maybe I'm the one confused? I'm still trying to figure out all the new CS doo-dads that Greg gave us :confused:

No...I knew that mine didn't have fajitas...I was just giving them more of variety so they could see all the recipes they could make in the microwave AND in the oven.

Sorry to confuse everyone! <slinking a way....>

http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/1226617200

We're all confused today!

See what Greg and all his new-fangled toys does to us! :love:

BethCooks4U said:
...You can also substitute the Chipolte Rub for the SW seasoning in this recipe.

I bet that would be good!

Opps! Sorry if I got confused and said the wrong thing:blushing:

Here are the documents I came up with.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Attachments

• 10 Minute Barbeque Pork Tenderloin 0608a.doc
    53 KB · Views: 413
  • Easy Chicken Fajitas in the Deep Covered Baker1a.doc
    40.5 KB · Views: 461
Here's a few others

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Attachments

• Easy Chicken Fajitas in the Deep Covered Baker1a.doc
    40.5 KB · Views: 451
  • 20 Minute Barbeque Ribs 0608a.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 377
  • Meatloaf in the Deep Covered Baker.doc
    44.5 KB · Views: 582
  • Jerk Pork Tenderloin Salad in Deep Covered Baker1a.doc
    48.5 KB · Views: 414
  • The 30 Minute Chicken in the Deep Covered Baker.doc
    22 KB · Views: 495
OMG! :love: I just made the fajitas in the DCB and they are SOOOOOO easy and SOOOOOO good. I forgot the garlic but UMMM anyway! My son gobbled them down too! I was able to save enough for DH to have for dinner while I'm at my show tonight but barely!

I can't wait to talk about them at my show!

Planning on trying this Sunday night after my show. Can't wait. Thank you all for sharing.:chef:

Re: Chicken Fajitas made in the Deep Covered Baker - Interactive DemoHere is my outline for my interactive show. I took Becky's document (same one that Meg posted here) and edited it from there. I have done a number of these shows. (but just finally got this typed up recently.) In fact, I am doing this recipe at tonight's show! Oh! and the Chipotle rub is a yummy substitute for the Southwestern seasoning.

I tried attaching it as a file, but kept getting an error.

Interactive Chicken Fajita Show

Tools:

· Deep Covered Baker
· Forged Utility Knife
· Santuko Knife
· Cutting boards
· Apple Wedger
· Southwestern and/or Chipotle seasonings
· Oven Mitts
· Cooling Rack
· Round up from the Heart Trivet
· Mini Baker
· Mandoline
· Garlic Press
· Batter Bowl
· Citrus Press
· Salad Chopper
· Measuring Spoons
· Prep Bowls
· Hold n Slice
· Bamboo Spoons
· SA Bowl & Caddy
· Woven Round Server
· Easy Accent Decorator

Pre-Show Prep

· Slice ends from peppers
· Peel Onions, and slice ends
· Tortillas in Mini Baker
· Wash tomatoes
· Cilantro in Prep Bowl
· Salt in pinch bowl
· I have cheese already in a small SA bowl

When the first guests start arriving,

Have everyone wash their hands. We stand around the table or counter and I make nametags for everyone and chat with them while I am doing that.

Introduce myself and My Story: Started January 2007 to earn some money to pay bills and have the flexible schedule to stay home with my children. Continue for the same reasons as well as all the recognition, goal of a full time career, an outstanding company, and of course FREE PRODUCTS!

Then I say that we are going to be cooking together tonight. Introduce the recipe: These Chicken Fajitas are fast, fresh, and delicious. Why do take out, when you can prepare your own Southwestern dinner at home for under $2.00 per serving. This is sure to become a family favorite.

Instead of a whole chicken, I do 3-4 chicken breasts.

Slice up green and red pepper using Ultimate Mandoline.

Cut onion using the Apple Wedger. Place peppers and onion in the bottom of the DCB, sprinkle w/ some Southwestern Seasoning.

Top w/ 3-4 chicken breasts, and more SW Seasoning. Put the lid on, and put in microwave for 12-15 minutes.

Fill the mini baker w/ 6 inch tortillas, cover it with foil and put it in the oven to warm (at 200-250 degrees)

While the chicken is in the microwave:

Book Future Shows: “If you are enjoying this great recipe idea, I have more budget-savy meal ideas, all under $2.00 per serving, or, if you’d like easy dessert ideas, I’d love to do a sweet n Simple Show for you and your friends. Just pick a date and I will do the rest!”.

Prepare Quick and easy salsa:

Place 1 small peeled onion, 1 peeled garlic clove, 1 whole jalapeno pepper, stem removed, and ¼ cup cilantro leaves in Classic batter bowl. Coarsely chop with salad chopper. Add 1 cup grape tomatoes and ½ tsp salt, chop until veggies are uniform in size. Squeeze lime over salsa using citrus press; stir.

When the chicken is done, shred it, and push the veggies to one side of the DCB, and put the chicken back in on the other side.

Fill EAD with sour cream.

Set the DCB, and the mini baker, on the large round woven piece and set it next to the condiments.

Everyone serves themselves, and moves to sit down.

I give everyone their guest folder, go over it, talk about host specials and recruiting, and let them eat and shop. I clean up a bit, and get ready to help them with their orders.

Offer the business opportunity – “During this time of the year, I really enjoy showing people how to save money on their meals, and make recipes that taste great! If the idea of earning extra income while demonstrating great recipes and tools appeals to you, I’d love to share information about how to start your own Pampered Chef® business!”

Quick question:
If I was making the Chicken tortilla casserole in the DCB, would I have to cover the chicken and pepper with wax paper as stated in the recipe or could I just use the lid of the DCB. This recipe uses the DDB and calls for the chicken and peppers to be covered w/wax paper when cooking in the micro. I'm thinking this is just because there is no lid to the DDB.

TheChaoticCook said:
Quick question:
If I was making the Chicken tortilla casserole in the DCB, would I have to cover the chicken and pepper with wax paper as stated in the recipe or could I just use the lid of the DCB. This recipe uses the DDB and calls for the chicken and peppers to be covered w/wax paper when cooking in the micro. I'm thinking this is just because there is no lid to the DDB.

That is my guess, as well! I would use the lid and check it half way through.

Another question I had.... do those of you who sub the Chipotle for the SW seasoning use the same amt.? Seems with the Chipotle being a rub you wouldn't need as much.

I just sprinkle until it looks good

pamperedlinda said:
I just sprinkle until it looks good

LOL - me too! That's how I measure all of my spices!:D

What is the cooking time for Chicken Fajitas Made in the Deep Covered Baker?

The cooking time for Chicken Fajitas Made in the Deep Covered Baker is approximately 25-30 minutes.

Do I need to preheat the Deep Covered Baker before adding the chicken fajitas?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat the Deep Covered Baker for 10-15 minutes before adding the chicken fajitas to ensure even cooking.

Can I use frozen chicken for this recipe?

Yes, frozen chicken can be used for this recipe. However, it may increase the cooking time by 5-10 minutes.

What temperature should the oven be set to for cooking chicken fajitas in the Deep Covered Baker?

The oven should be set to 400°F for cooking chicken fajitas in the Deep Covered Baker.

Can I add additional vegetables or spices to this recipe?

Yes, you can customize this recipe by adding additional vegetables or spices to suit your taste preferences. Some popular additions include bell peppers, onions, and chili powder.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • dana_jni
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dana_jni
  • sailortena