• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Chicken Breasts in the Microwave: A Recipe Demo

In summary, Lorraine recommends cooking chicken breasts in the microwave just two at a time for 8 minutes on high power with the lid on. If they are Costco chicken breasts, then it will take 8 minutes. Adding more time may not be necessary if they are smaller breasts.
donnathepamperedchef
I am using my DCB for the first time to cook chicken breasts in the microwave, just two. How long will I need to plan on for my recipe demo for this part?

I use my DCB in the microwave and have done chicken parts alot. If it is only 1-2 pounds of chicken I usually cook it for 15 minutes (then check it) and let it rest for about 5 minutes or so. BTW, I always do it with the cover on. I sometimes brush it with barbecue sauce before I cook my chicken. YUMMY!!!!!!

if you cube it before cooking, should cook faster, maybe check after 10 min or so

donnathepamperedchef said:
I am using my DCB for the first time to cook chicken breasts in the microwave, just two. How long will I need to plan on for my recipe demo for this part?

Usually, chicken breasts take 5-8 minutes for me. Lid on. High power.
If they are Costco chicken breasts (they are often times HUGE) then it takes 8 mins but smaller breasts are done faster.

I over stated my timing. I say 8 minutes top for 2 chicken breasts on high with the lid on. Depends mostly on the size of the breasts.

thanks everyone

Just 2 chicken breasts might only take the 8 minutes as mentioned. You can always add more time. Once I tried 2 breasts and did it for 10 minutes and they were very overcooked.

In terms of show planning, I have found it works well to cook the chicken just a bit ahead of time before the party starts (or to put it in just before the party starts, so that by the time I'm done with the intro, the chicken is ready). This also makes sure that the baker is well cooled off by the time my main demo is done, and I can easily wash it and make a quick dessert.

thanks Lorraine, good planning and that's how I will do it tonight

here is a tip- cut your chicken breasts in half (especially if they are huge) the horizontal way. This will give you a better chance to cook your chicken more evenly AND quicker. :) It will also help cut down on how much chicken you will need/serve people. They aren't coming for a meal- just a tasting. :) Thats part of the budget friendly area I've learned.

1. Can chicken breasts be cooked in the microwave?

Yes, chicken breasts can be cooked in the microwave. It is a quick and easy way to prepare a protein-packed meal.

2. How long should I cook chicken breasts in the microwave?

The cooking time will vary depending on the power of your microwave and the thickness of the chicken breasts. As a general rule, cook 1 pound of chicken breasts for 6-8 minutes on high power, flipping once halfway through.

3. Do I need to cover the chicken while cooking it in the microwave?

Yes, it is recommended to cover the chicken with a microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap to prevent splattering and ensure even cooking.

4. Can I add seasonings or marinade to the chicken before cooking it in the microwave?

Yes, you can add your favorite seasonings or marinade to the chicken before cooking it in the microwave. Just be sure to evenly coat the chicken and adjust the cooking time accordingly to avoid overcooking.

5. Is it safe to cook chicken in the microwave?

Yes, as long as the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F and proper food safety precautions are followed, it is safe to cook chicken in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • tjb11675
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
bridedream
  • accooks13