• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Cherry Dessert Recipe for Your Festival Booth

In summary, there are several delicious dessert recipes using cherries including a Cherry Almond Angel Roll, Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake, Cherry Trifle, and Double Chocolate Cherry Dessert Pizza. These recipes incorporate cherries in different ways, whether it be through a cherry pie filling, preserves, or fresh cherries. They are all easy to make and perfect for incorporating cherries into a Cherry Festival Booth or any occasion.
Chozengirl
Gold Member
Anyone know of a simple, yet good desert recipe using cherries?
I am going to use the grill recipe card, but I would like to substitute the desert recipe for one with Cherries.
I am doing a Cherry Festival Booth this week and I would like to incorporate Cherries in it.
Thanks!

Lightly grilled Pound Cake with cherries over the top! (You could make a cherry pie filling type sauce - Yummy!)

CherriesHere are a few I found:

Cherry Almond Angel Roll

1 package (16 oz) angel food cake mix
1 package (2.25 ounces) sliced almonds, chopped
½ cup powdered sugar
½ cup cherry preserves
1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
½ teaspoon almond extract
2/4 drops red food coloring (optional)
1 package (3.4 ounces) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
Additional powdered sugar (optional)

Preheat oven to 350° F/ Line Stoneware Bar Pan with a 13 inch pieces of Parchment Paper. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter over parchment Paper, Spreading evenly. Chop almonds using Food chopper; sprinkle evenly over batter. Bake 30-35 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched with fingertip. Remove from oven.

Sprinkle powdered sugar over cake using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Place an additional 18-inch piece of parchment paper over cake. Invert Stackable Cooling Rack over paper. Carefully invert cake; remove pan. Peel Parchment Paper from bottom side of cake; discard. Starting at short end of cake, roll up cake in Parchment Paper jellyroll style. Cool completely.

Unroll cake and place on smooth side of large grooved cutting board. Spread cake with preserves. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine sour cream, whipped topping, almond extract and food coloring, if desired; mix well. Add pudding mix and whisk until thickened. Spread filling over cake to within 1 inch of edge; roll up cake. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Sprinkle cake with additional powdered sugar, if desired. Slice using serrated bread knife.

Yield: 12 servings.

Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake

3 eggs, separated
1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 package (18.25 ounces) devil's food cake mix
1 jar (11.7 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Frozen vanilla yogurt or thawed, frozen fat-free whipped topping(optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray Family (12-in.) Skillet with
oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Separate eggs over Classic Batter Bowl
using Egg Separator; set yolks aside for another use. Lightly whisk egg
whites. Add pie filling, water and almond extract; mix well. Add cake
mix; mix until well blended using Classic Scraper. Pour batter over
bottom of skillet, spreading evenly.

Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in
center comes out clean. Using Oven Mitts, carefully remove from oven to
Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 10 minutes. Loosen edges of cake with
Skinny Scraper. Carefully invert cake onto Round Platter or large,
heat-safe serving plate.

Using Skinny Scraper, stir ice cream topping until smooth;
carefully spread evenly over top of cake. Sprinkle almonds evenly around top edge
of cake. Cut into wedges using Slice 'N Serve(R). Serve warm with
frozen yogurt or whipped topping, if desired.

Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servings

You could also do a Cherry Trifle with pound cake, whipped cream and cherry pie filling.

You could also do a chocolate cherry cake in the fluted stone.

Debbie :D

Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake - yummm!

Thanks girls!!!

this one is really good too

Double Chocolate Cherry Dessert Pizza

1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
2 packets (1 ounce each) pre-melted unsweetened chocolate flavor (can also substitute 2 squares unsweetened chocolate - melt in Classic Batter Bowl on High for 45 second, stirring every 15 seconds until smooth)
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
¼ cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
½ teaspoon almond extract
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
¼ cup sliced natural almonds, toasted

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Crumble cookie dough into Classic Batter Bowl. Add unsweetened chocolate; stir with Bamboo Spoon until thoroughly blended.
2. Shape cookie dough into a ball in center of Large Round Stone. Using lightly floured Baker’s Roller, roll out dough to 11 ½ inch circle, about ¼ inch thick. Bake 12 – 14 minutes or until edges of cookie are set and center is no longer moist. (Cookie will be soft, do not overbake.) Remove baking stone to Stackable Cooling Rack. Cool cookie 10 minutes. Carefully loosen cookie from baking stone using Serrated Bread Knife; cool completely on baking stone.
3. In Small Batter Bowl, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk, and almond extract until well blended. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent Decorator; fill with whipped topping. Fold remaining whipped topping into cream cheese mixture.
4. Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled cookie to within ½ inch of edge using Large Spreader. Spoon pie filling over cream cheese. Pipe 16 whipped topping rosettes evenly around outside edge. Garnish with any remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with almonds. Refrigerate 2 hours. Cut into wedges using Slice & Serve.

To toast almonds, spread almonds in a single layer in Small Bar Pan. Bake at 350 for 10 – 12 minutes or until golden brown. (These can be toasted in the oven at the same time the cookie is being baked.)

mmm... I immediately thought of the cherry pizza. Delish!You can also do the Tuxedo Brownie Bites, and top them with a cherry, either fresh or from a can.

If you have the Torte Pans, you could do a Black Forest Torte....here's my verison....my family loves it!!!

Attachments

• Black Forest Torte.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 288
The Peachy cheese coffee cake in the All The Best cookbook has an option to substitute the peaches for cherries. I made it at two different shows and people loved it! It does say to serve it warm however I brought one into work the next day cold and it was gone very quickly with lots of compliments!

I was going to say the Cheese Cake but with cherries, that is one of my all time fav recipes...probably what got me hooked on PC looooong ago!

1. How difficult is this cherry dessert recipe to make?

Our delicious cherry dessert is actually quite easy to make! With simple ingredients and step-by-step instructions, even those with minimal cooking experience can create this scrumptious dish.

2. Can this recipe be made in large quantities for a festival booth?

Absolutely! This cherry dessert recipe is perfect for large events like festivals. You can easily adjust the measurements to make as much as you need to feed a crowd.

3. Is there a specific type of cherry that works best for this dessert?

We recommend using sweet cherries for this recipe, as they provide the perfect balance of flavor and sweetness. However, you can certainly use any type of cherry you prefer.

4. Can this dessert be made ahead of time?

Yes, this cherry dessert can be made ahead of time! Simply store it in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve. It can also be frozen and thawed for later use.

5. Can this recipe be customized to fit dietary restrictions?

While the original recipe calls for traditional ingredients, you can certainly make substitutions to fit dietary restrictions. For example, you can use gluten-free flour or dairy-free alternatives. Just be sure to read the ingredient list carefully and make any necessary adjustments.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• turtle15
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • mheat923
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • fun2cook2