• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ceramic Cookware - Sell Me on Why

not just the high-end customer.The ceramic cookware is cheaper and lighter than other types of cookware, which is great for first time cooks, people who don't cook much, or people who have a limited budget. It's also similar to non-stick, which is an appealing feature for some people. Ceramic is easy to clean, which is a bonus. However, there are some drawbacks. First of all, the cookware is only available as an open stock, so it's not always easy to find what you're looking for. Second, the lifetime guarantee is not as good as the guarantees offered by our other lines. Finally, the cookware doesn't have the same quality as our other lines, which may
Malinda Klein
Gold Member
Can you tell me why would someone want to buy the ceramic cookware? Is it better than stainless, or nonstick? I understand that we can buy it as an open stock and it's cheaper than our other two lines, but I want to know WHY a cook would choose Ceramic to cook in...

So educate me please :) SO I can educate my guests :)

I would like to know the answer as well.

It's cheaper, which is great for bigger cooks, first time home owners or others on a budget. All pieces are open stock so they can pick and choose. It's similar to non-stick and it's lighter weight for those who cannot lift our heavier cookware (it's heavy to begin with - think about how heavy it is with food for an older person or someone with weak hands/wrists).

At fall launch they said it is very popular and that is why they added. I just wish it had more then 3 year grt.

I haven't seen it and didn't make launch but I try to keep up on trends (and I have a kitchen addiction problem).. inexpensive- perfect for first time cooks, new homeowners, people who don't cook much, college students, wedding gifts, older people, anyone on a budgetnonstick- many people don't like any type of teflon product- this gives you nonstick without teflonlighter weight- anyone who complains about the weight of the products- those with carpel tunnel or older or younger cooksClean look with the bright white- many people don't care as much about use as lookeasy to clean- you can use ceramic/glass cooktop cleaner for stubborn marks or stains (at least you can on other ceramic cookware)open stock- people can buy only what they need.

Last edited:
I would like to know HOW to compare it with our other pots and pans as a cooking tool, not because it's more affordable or who it suits best. What is the product, how can I compare the cooking results. I'm not interested in telling people because it's cheaper and its lighter and more people can afford it. Does anyone have an answer??? What would Doris Christopher say? ANYONE???

There are consumers who, due to concerns relating to using teflon coated cookware, are looking for a (presumably) safer alternative without having to switch to stainless steel or cast iron.

Coatings for teflon nonstick pans contain a potentially toxic chemical called perfluorooctanoic acid (aka PFOA). There have been concerns about these types of nonstick cookware for years.

Current wisdom is that Teflon appears to be inert and safe unless heated to high temperatures. Once the temperature is too high the Teflon coatings start to fume into the food.

No one, including Dupont who makes the teflon coatings, seems to be able to determine the exact temperature at which fuming occurs. According to DuPont it may be as low as 464 degrees (F)

The reason why our (and others) executive nonstick cookware is rated to 400 degrees is that 400 is well below the 464 degree point.

Cooking results with ceramic are excellent, even heat distribution, "easy release" surface. It's lighter, cheaper and generally considered more user friendly than stainless steel.

Ceramic cookware is also considered "greener" and safer for the planet than the coating based nonsticks with teflon coatings.

Chef Gilles said:
I would like to know HOW to compare it with our other pots and pans as a cooking tool, not because it's more affordable or who it suits best. What is the product, how can I compare the cooking results. I'm not interested in telling people because it's cheaper and its lighter and more people can afford it. Does anyone have an answer??? What would Doris Christopher say? ANYONE???

The best thing to do is get one in your hands. None of us have actually used the cookware before so we won't know until we get one. The 8" saute pan was part of the submit 2 shows in July campaign and we will soon be able to order sample packages.

Before this line, PC only catered to 59% of the cookware market:
23% - want/buy Stainless Steel
18% - want/buy hard anodized aluminum (Executive Line)
18% - want/buy other materials (cast iron, stoneware, etc...)
we were missing a HUGE chunk of the market
41% - want/buy "other nonstick"

This ceramic cookware fills that gap. Not everyone can afford the good stuff. Not everyone wants the good stuff. Why no lifetime guarantee? Because this isn't the high quality of our two cookware lines. Our stoneware doesn't have a lifetime guarantee. People still love it and buy it because it's still a quality product. We are now offering a quality affordable player in the "crap cookware" market. I'm glad we finally have this line. We finally have cookware for absolutely everyone and not just the serious cooks.

As we learned at launch, 23% of consumers prefer stainless cookware, 18% prefer non-stick, 18% prefer cast iron/cast aluminum/microwave/ethnic cookware, and 41% prefer "other non-stick", thus ceramic! We have been missing an enormous portion of the cookware consumer market.

Each type we offer has it's purpose:
stainless is for searing, plus those that like to broil and like the dishwasher safe feature
executive is for those that like non-stick, and are fine with the dupont autograph 2 teflon coating
the ceramic is for new cooks, those opposed to teflon but want easy release and clean up, and/or are into "fashion"cookware.

Knowing how, why, what, and who cooks in the kitchen will help you taylor the purchase of each customer to meet their individual needs.

I highly recommend you make every effort to attend your Sept. team meeting. The meeting will be a training on this subject. For now, sell August!

Here is a tidbit- I CAN NOT use non-stick because I own a parrot. Non stick coating like teflon can kill a bird in the blink of an eye with no warning signs. Of course this only really happens if you turn the temp up too high- 400 or above is dangerous for birds. But if you are a dodo brain at times like me and walk away and leave a pan on for too long on the stone- voila- major problem. So this is a DEFINITE must have for anyone who owns a bird.

Is it dishwasher safe? That would be the selling point.

wadesgirl said:
It's cheaper, which is great for bigger cooks, first time home owners or others on a budget. All pieces are open stock so they can pick and choose. It's similar to non-stick and it's lighter weight for those who cannot lift our heavier cookware (it's heavy to begin with - think about how heavy it is with food for an older person or someone with weak hands/wrists).

"Cheap, to me is a quality issue"

Please say "It's less expensive" than our top of the line cookware. They are great starter pieces. Lightweight, easy to clean and keep "displayable" clean. It's what Rachael Ray uses. I, too wish it had more than a 3 year warranty.

trps said:
Is it dishwasher safe? That would be the selling point.

No handwash. Lids are dishwasher safe

I have had several customers ask if I had this type of cookware. These are people who are very concious of problems with Tefflon and its effect on their health.

I agree that we should play up the benefit of the ceramic coating without making it sound like the executive cookware is poison. And I agree that it should have the same guarantee as the other cookware.

I have heard some people dismiss it as junk, saying it doesn't stick. I have heard other people say they love theirs. My friend says that nothing sticks in her cast iron when SHE cooks it, but everything sticks for her husband because he doesn't heat it properly. We need to be able to educate our customers on how to use it properly so they get the non-stick benefits.

I will say something like:
"We now have three different cookware lines - something for everyone! If you are like me and love non-stick cookware you will love our executive line. Even the outside of the pans are non-stick for easy clean up. If you love the look of Stainless, ours is amazing! It has a coating to help reduce sticking and can even be used under a broiler. Both of those sets have lifetime warranites. And now we have a brand new line! If you have been noticing the cool new ceramic cookware that has been coming out you can now get our top of the line version. It is easy release like our non-stick executive, is much lighter than our other cookware, very trendy, affordable and is easy clean up. It is guaranteed for 3 years. All three of our cookware lines are save to use in the oven. So which line meets your needs, which can you see in your kitchen? Buy a starter piece today and book a show to get more at 50% off!"

I also think a key selling point is that it is open stock. The other lines are not in the "traditional" pieces of everyday cookware. I can't wait to receive my saute pan to see how awesome it is and then I'll have more to say about the quality.

I am super excited for this cookware! I am always in awe when I see it advertised on QVC...I cannot wait to get my hands on the piece that we earned for free and I am already going to find a way to get the covered skillet for myself!

I'm excited I earned teh 8" so I can see what it's all about. What should I cook in it though? Or just use it in place of my executive since that's what I'd probably use it for if I didn't have the executive?

I don't know much about and sadly even though I went to school for hotel/restaurant management and had to take culinary classes, before PC I didn't know your cookware was suited to your cooking style.

I had a stainless set from kitchenaid that I registered for on my wedding registry because I like the look of stainless! Then I found out how wrong I was on what to have! LOL :p:blushing: I do use both now that I understand what's good for what, and now I'll learn if this new line is more suited towards me or not.

kcmckay said:
I'm excited I earned teh 8" so I can see what it's all about. What should I cook in it though? Or just use it in place of my executive since that's what I'd probably use it for if I didn't have the executive?

I'm going to start off by doing omelettes and garlic biscuit bites.

Oracle said:
Here's a little light reading that may help....

How do nonstick ceramic-finish skillets perform - Chicago Tribune

http://www.cooksillustrated.com/equipment/overview.asp?docid=20400

Thanks for sharing those links. Wow, the Cook's Illustrated article is a painful read and doesn't make me very optimistic about ceramic cookware. I'll just market it as another alternative, just like I did with the cutlery when we had three different knife options.

As far as being less expensive, the complete ceramic set ($380 altogether) can be best compared to the 7 piece nonstick plus the 8" saute pan ($525 altogether new prices). Unless your customer is really going to buy the pans one at a time, financially they'd be better off getting the set at half price by hosting a show ($262.50), then they can also enjoy the lifetime guarantee. I will encourage my budget conscious customers in this direction unless they can really only buy one at a time or express concern over the teflon material.

Read both articles as well. Doesn't exactly encourage me to push the ceramic. However, I have one customer who doesn't even cook in a microwave so this may be right up her alley!

Here's our product info on the New Ceramic Cookware

Attachments

• Product Information NEW Coookware.doc
    164 KB · Views: 722
So is it safe to say that the things I'd use my non-stick Executive 12" skillet...I could use the 11" white ceramic skillet for? I know it's an 1" smaller, but looks just as deep. (I haven't read through everything yet...still working on it).I noticed it was part of the September Host special. I have a show this week, and I was going to feature the Skillet Lasagna recipe for Busy Moms....and wanted to make sure if I said you can get "this skillet for $91, or an all new ceramic skillet for $40 when you host your own show next month!" (or something like it.)

Made in China... Is anyone else concerned with so many of our products being made in China with all the controversy about the lead in their products?

lkhartmann said:
Made in China... Is anyone else concerned with so many of our products being made in China with all the controversy about the lead in their products?

Pampered Chef tests everything when it gets here. If you remember that's why the first holiday plates were stop sell for so long when they first came out. There was lead or something in them that was beyond what CA accepts - their restrictions are higher than the US so we use that standard.

You have to have a $650 show to be eligible for anything other than an 8 inch skillet. I'd be reluctant to push the larger sizes. Some hosts feel "entitled."

chefsteph07 said:
I am super excited for this cookware! I am always in awe when I see it advertised on QVC...I cannot wait to get my hands on the piece that we earned for free and I am already going to find a way to get the covered skillet for myself!

Chefsteph07, sometimes I get selling tips from those on QVC...what did they have to say about it??? (I once heard that we are basically kind of doing what they do and I think it's true) Now I might have to look for it! LOL

Intrepid_Chef said:
You have to have a $650 show to be eligible for anything other than an 8 inch skillet. I'd be reluctant to push the larger sizes. Some hosts feel "entitled."
They can also choose the 10" saute pan with a lower $$ show. I always show a flyer/point out the levels so they see what the rules are.

Intrepid_Chef said:

Get them excited about the larger sizes and they will work to have their show over $650! It's all how you present it.

wadesgirl said:
Get them excited about the larger sizes and they will work to have their show over $650! It's all how you present it.

Right. If that are thinking "I'll never get that" then host coach even more. Help them brainstorm on who and how to invite. Concentrate on the party part of it, the girls night out or couple's event. Remind them it's a numbers game. If they say their friends don't have money tell them all the more reason to invite a lot of people. People will buy but those that just can't will feel more comfortable and less stressed to buy if there are more people there.

Oracle said:
Here's our product info on the New Ceramic Cookware

So I was reading that article. It mentioned a deep cleaning method but I don't see what that is. Does anyone know?

I think it will have a definite market with the older crowd that have dexterity issues and those who would like their kids to learn to cook.

Just a side note, our non stick never has been teflon coated. Anodizing (as in anodized aluminum) is a PROCESS not a coating. So the whole teflon argument is out the window, even for those with birds.

Oh my goodness, I never realized that about the anondized cookware.. oops. Thank you for that info!

Though admittedly, people would have to ask. Before I sold PC, I bought a full set of stainless steel cookware – and I had just assumed the nonstick was teflon coated and wouldn't have understood the difference anyway.

Ours is anodized, but it also has the Autograph 2 Dupont Nonstick Finish on it, that's what the label and our catalog states. So it is still an issue for birds if left on the stove too long and it were to reach the dangerous temp. levels.

babywings76 said:
Ours is anodized, but it also has the Autograph 2 Dupont Nonstick Finish on it, that's what the label and our catalog states. So it is still an issue for birds if left on the stove too long and it were to reach the dangerous temp. levels.
To get to those temperatures the kitchen would have to be on fire.

Last edited:
BethCooks4U said:
babywings76 said:
Ours is anodized, but it also has the Autograph 2 Dupont Nonstick Finish on it, that's what the label and our catalog states. So it is still an issue for birds if left on the stove too long and it were to reach the dangerous temp. levels.[/QUOTE]

To get to those temperatures the kitchen would have to be on fire.

Regardless, it's still a teflon-like coating for people who are concerned about it, and I think those concerns are valid. I wouldn't not-sell the nonstick cookware (obviously), but I also wouldn't buy anything dupont-nonstick myself.

I have had too many hosts disappointed when they don't reach the higher levels. I am as proud of a $300 host as I am of a $500 host or a $650 host.

But the new line does give them more options than just two saute pans, which is how the special was originally presented. The flyer says "seven choices." Is the detailed flyer up on CC yet?

Found this in a store tonight here in my backyard from a canadian company. Scroll down to the ceramic pan that is on sale for $34.99, dishwasher safe and 25 year warranty. It's going to be a hard sell for me when it's right at the store next door. Here is the link https://paderno.com/can/specials.php#

esavvymom said:
So is it safe to say that the things I'd use my non-stick Executive 12" skillet...I could use the 11" white ceramic skillet for? I know it's an 1" smaller, but looks just as deep. (I haven't read through everything yet...still working on it).

I noticed it was part of the September Host special. I have a show this week, and I was going to feature the Skillet Lasagna recipe for Busy Moms....and wanted to make sure if I said you can get "this skillet for $91, or an all new ceramic skillet for $40 when you host your own show next month!" (or something like it.)

My non-PC lifetime guarantee cookware has an 11" skillet. I didn't buy ours until a few months ago... (the other set requires I send various pieces back about every three years due to bubbling and flaking, it's costing me a small fortune in shipping...) I was amazed at how much larger that 1" really is. Yes, the 12" recipes will work in the 11" (done that many times), BUT it will be tight. You'll have to be fairly careful when stirring or you will have a mess to clean up.

Question: Has anyone tried to put their white ceramic pan in the dishwasher? I'm fully aware that Pampered Chef says that it is not dishwasher safe...but...I put a lot of PC products in the dishwasher that are not "dishwasher safe" and they come out fine. Any idea what would happen with the white ceramic cookware in the dishwasher?

Other than voiding the warranty, the metal rim on the edge may get discolored. If the pan comes in contact with any metal in the dishwasher, it may leave a gray streak on it. And most likely the easy release feature would be compromised.

Chef Gilles said:
Found this in a store tonight here in my backyard from a canadian company. Scroll down to the ceramic pan that is on sale for $34.99, dishwasher safe and 25 year warranty. It's going to be a hard sell for me when it's right at the store next door. Here is the link https://paderno.com/can/specials.php#

I really hate when that happens. :grumpy:

lt1jane said:
My non-PC lifetime guarantee cookware has an 11" skillet. I didn't buy ours until a few months ago... (the other set requires I send various pieces back about every three years due to bubbling and flaking, it's costing me a small fortune in shipping...) I was amazed at how much larger that 1" really is. Yes, the 12" recipes will work in the 11" (done that many times), BUT it will be tight. You'll have to be fairly careful when stirring or you will have a mess to clean up.

At our meeting this month, my NED was using the 11" ceramic skillet, and then pulled out her 12" exec. I compared the size. Obviously 1" less in diameter, but it seemed to be deeper than the exec by a bit. So maybe that would help.

It's definitely deeper so volume wise it seems about the same as our 12" skillets. My DH loves the deeper sides. I have all of them except the 10" sauté (getting that on a Sept show) and we are using them exclusively and so far are very impressed. I have even left tomato based and sticky bean messes in them over night. Next day I filled with hot soapy water and a few minutes later wiped them clean with a sponge. Back to new. :)

The deep cleaning method is on the Use and Care sheet with the pan. It is basically water and baking soda into a paste and use on pan. I believe it has to sit for a few minutes also.

<h2>1. What are the benefits of using ceramic cookware?</h2><p>Ceramic cookware is known for its non-stick surface, making it perfect for cooking delicate foods like eggs and fish without the need for added oils or fats. It is also highly durable and can withstand high temperatures, making it safe to use in the oven or on the stovetop. Ceramic cookware is also free of harmful chemicals like PFOA and PTFE, making it a healthier option for cooking.</p><h2>2. Is ceramic cookware better than stainless steel or non-stick?</h2><p>While each type of cookware has its own advantages, ceramic cookware offers a unique combination of both non-stick properties and durability. Unlike non-stick cookware, ceramic does not release harmful chemicals when heated at high temperatures. And compared to stainless steel, ceramic is more lightweight and easier to clean.</p><h2>3. How is ceramic cookware different from other types of cookware?</h2><p>Ceramic cookware is made from a clay-based material that is hardened and glazed with a non-stick coating. This makes it non-porous and resistant to staining and scratching. It also allows for even heat distribution, preventing hot spots while cooking.</p><h2>4. Can I buy ceramic cookware as open stock?</h2><p>Yes, Pampered Chef offers ceramic cookware in open stock, meaning you can purchase individual pieces instead of a full set. This allows you to customize your cookware collection based on your specific cooking needs.</p><h2>5. Is ceramic cookware more affordable than other lines?</h2><p>Yes, our ceramic cookware is more affordable than our other lines, such as stainless steel and non-stick. This makes it a great option for those looking for high-quality cookware without breaking the bank.</p>

1. What are the benefits of using ceramic cookware?

Ceramic cookware is known for its non-stick surface, making it perfect for cooking delicate foods like eggs and fish without the need for added oils or fats. It is also highly durable and can withstand high temperatures, making it safe to use in the oven or on the stovetop. Ceramic cookware is also free of harmful chemicals like PFOA and PTFE, making it a healthier option for cooking.

2. Is ceramic cookware better than stainless steel or non-stick?

While each type of cookware has its own advantages, ceramic cookware offers a unique combination of both non-stick properties and durability. Unlike non-stick cookware, ceramic does not release harmful chemicals when heated at high temperatures. And compared to stainless steel, ceramic is more lightweight and easier to clean.

3. How is ceramic cookware different from other types of cookware?

Ceramic cookware is made from a clay-based material that is hardened and glazed with a non-stick coating. This makes it non-porous and resistant to staining and scratching. It also allows for even heat distribution, preventing hot spots while cooking.

4. Can I buy ceramic cookware as open stock?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers ceramic cookware in open stock, meaning you can purchase individual pieces instead of a full set. This allows you to customize your cookware collection based on your specific cooking needs.

5. Is ceramic cookware more affordable than other lines?

Yes, our ceramic cookware is more affordable than our other lines, such as stainless steel and non-stick. This makes it a great option for those looking for high-quality cookware without breaking the bank.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KayteTUrner
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • winklermom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • pcleah