• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you heard of a celiac shower for a newly diagnosed family member?

In summary, a "Celiac Shower" is a type of shower that caters to those with celiac disease or gluten intolerance, offering gluten-free food options and educational information. Anyone can attend, but it's important to be respectful of those with celiac disease. Cooking demonstrations and gluten-free products are available, and specific requests can be accommodated if made in advance. While not all Pampered Chef products are gluten-free, they are clearly labeled for easy identification.
chezshelly
Gold Member
I have a host who's daughter was just diagnosed with Celiac. She said someone told her about a celiac shower that people have done, I guess like a wedding shower? Help if you know what I'm talking about. Thanks!

Shelly

I haven't heard of this before, but I know that it isn't safe to use a stone that has had gluten on it if you have celiac. I just have a sensitivity, so I don't worry about the trace amounts from seasoning the stone myself. If I'm doing a show for someone with celiac, I use parchment paper on the stone because I don't want to risk them getting sick. I say all that because my guess is that a 'celiac shower' would replace all stoneware that the person has and provide other tools that could be useful for cooking differently (like our stackable measuring cups that have the levelling blade for measuring out GF flour, the digital scale and the thermometer, etc.)

Oh, while you probably know this, I'll provide a little expansion on 'gluten' in case someone isn't familiar with it. Gluten is a protein found in wheat, barley and rye. It is not in oats, but oats are often cross-contaminated during harvest. If you've done any of the rings, braids or wreathes on your stone with regular crescent rolls or if you've baked regular cookies on your stone, it is 'contaminated' for anyone with celiac.

1. What is a "Celiac Shower"?

A "Celiac Shower" is a bridal or baby shower that caters to those with celiac disease or gluten intolerance. It typically includes gluten-free food options and may also incorporate educational information about celiac disease.

2. Can I still attend a "Celiac Shower" if I am not gluten-free?

Yes, everyone is welcome to attend a "Celiac Shower" regardless of their dietary restrictions. However, please be respectful of those with celiac disease and avoid cross-contamination when handling food items.

3. Do you offer gluten-free cooking demonstrations at "Celiac Showers"?

Yes, we offer gluten-free cooking demonstrations at our "Celiac Showers" to provide guests with recipe ideas and cooking tips. We also have a variety of gluten-free products available for purchase.

4. Can I request specific gluten-free items for a "Celiac Shower"?

Yes, we are happy to accommodate specific gluten-free requests for your "Celiac Shower". Please let us know in advance so we can ensure that we have the necessary ingredients and products available.

5. Are all Pampered Chef products gluten-free?

While we have many gluten-free products available, not all of our products are gluten-free. To make it easier for our customers, we label all of our gluten-free products with a special symbol on our website and in our catalog.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chezshelly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • chezshelly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • BeckyC5830