• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Try Caramel Corn in Bar Pan: Delicious Twist on Classic Snack

In summary, the recipe using 4 qts of popped popcorn makes a lot of caramel corn. Cleans up like a breeze with cooking spray. The recipe using 2 bags of popped Act II Old Fashioned Natural microwave popcorn is also easy to make, but it takes longer to cook.
SusanBP0129
Anyone ever try caramel corn in the bar pan? I was on a caramel corn making kick last year (before I was a PC consultant) and used a plan old metal pan. Just wondering if anyone has done this is a stone...

I do it all the time. Here is my recipe for Caramel Corn.

Caramel Corn
Ingredients Needed:

1/3 cup unpopped popcorn
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup margarine
2 Tablespoons PLUS 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda

Cooking Tools:

microwave popcorn popper or air popper
Large bowl
2 qt microwavable bowl (Classic Batter Bowl)
15x10 baking pan (Stoneware Bar Pan)

Cooking Instructions:

Pop the popcorn. Put into a large bowl and set aside.

Combine brown sugar, margarine, corn syrup and salt into the Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes, stirring every minute until it boils.
Microwave 1 minute more. Stir in baking soda.
Pour over popped corn and stir to distribute. Place on a 15x10 baking pan and bake 1 hour at 200 degrees, turning every 15 minutes.

Place on waxed paper to cool.

Store in an airtight container.

Thanks Lee Anne!!
:)

The recipe I use makes a ton, and would never fit in the bar pan. I use the roasting pan. Cleans up like a breeze! The caramel just flakes off!

HUH! Tell me more Jennifer..... :)

Oven Caramel Corn2 cups brown sugar
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup white corn syrup
6 quarts air popped corn
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
1 tsp vanilla

Boil brown sugar, butter, syrup and salt for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla and soda. Pour over the popped corn and stir well. Put on buttered cookie sheets or jelly roll pans (I just use the roasting pan). Place in a 200 degree oven for 1 hour. Stir about every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Store in covered containers to keep crisp.

Great! Thanks!! :)

Lately I have been making a brown grocery bag microwave caramel corn recipe. It's so easy and fast to make.

Ingredients Needed:

4 qts of popped popcorn (2/3 cup unpopped) OR 2 bags of popped Act II Old Fashioned Natural microwave popcorn
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Cooking Spray

Cooking Tools:

Classic 2-qt Batter Bowl
Measuring cups
Measuring spoons
Scraper
large clean grocery sack

Cooking Instructions:

Mix in Batter Bowl, brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute; stir. Microwave another 1 minute; stir. Microwave 2-3 minutes more. Mixture should boil for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and stir until foamy.

Spray a large grocery sack with Pam cooking spray and put popped popcorn in bag. Pour syrup over the popcorn and microwave on HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes. Shake. Microwave again on HIGH for 1 minute. Shake. Again, microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds and shake. Microwave last time on HIGH for 30 seconds and shake well. Spread on foil and let cool.

Keep in an airtight container.

1. Can I use any type of corn in the bar pan?

Yes, you can use any type of corn for this recipe. We recommend using plain or unsalted popcorn kernels for best results.

2. How do I prevent the caramel from burning in the bar pan?

To prevent the caramel from burning, make sure to stir the mixture frequently while it is cooking. You can also lower the oven temperature if needed.

3. Can I use a different type of pan for this recipe?

While the bar pan is recommended for this recipe, you can use a different type of pan as long as it is oven-safe and has a non-stick surface. However, the cooking time and results may vary.

4. How long does it take for the caramel corn to cool in the bar pan?

It typically takes about 15-20 minutes for the caramel corn to cool in the bar pan. You can speed up the cooling process by placing the pan in the refrigerator.

5. Can I add other ingredients to the caramel corn in the bar pan?

Yes, you can add other ingredients such as nuts, chocolate chips, or dried fruit to the caramel corn before or after baking. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janezapchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • sarahmarie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies