• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Canon Mx700 Printer Problems...help, Anyone!

In summary, the printer was not able to print because of a paper jam. The on/off button was not working and the device had an error code. The person called tech support and was told that a new printer would be sent out tomorrow.
JAE
Ugh! Paper got jammed, so I pulled it out. My printer has not recovered. The on/off button is flashing on and off and there is an alarm light flashing alternately with the on/off light. Error code is 5700 on the screen. I have done everything (checked for paper still inside, unplugged for a while, unplugged from wireless device, held on/off button down for a few seconds, checked online for help) but call the service people. Anyone have a guess? Please? I need to send out an invitation to my Spring Product Preview show, today.

I pulled this from Cannon's website.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=123&modelid=15651#SupportDetailAct

Make sure you reset it EXACTLY like this:Issue: ERROR LCD: Error code (5xxx through 9xxx) appears on the display
Solution: Press ON/OFF switch to reset the multifunction deviceReset the device when it is not functioning properly.
If the device is not functioning properly or to clear memory, reset it. 1. On the operator panel, press and hold the <ON/OFF> button for one second. (The display will go blank.) 2. Wait approximately ten seconds and then press the <ON/OFF> button again. 3. Wait until the device has completed its cycling process before submitting another job request.I'm guessing though you still have a little piece of something caught in there...look again and closely to see if you can find it.

Seriously, I have the paper that I pulled out. There isn't anything missing from it. I did follow exactly what Janet said to do, and it isn't working. When I push the on/off button to turn it back on the lights are still flashing. It looks like you're reading the same thing I read and already tried. I was hoping someone else maybe went through the same problem and had a trick or something.

JAE said:
Seriously, I have the paper that I pulled out. There isn't anything missing from it. I did follow exactly what Janet said to do, and it isn't working. When I push the on/off button to turn it back on the lights are still flashing. It looks like you're reading the same thing I read and already tried. I was hoping someone else maybe went through the same problem and had a trick or something.

Call tech support...there is probably another sequence they have to reset the error code. I deal with HPs usually and there are some pretty funky routines.

Or, if you know where the memory in your printer is, power it down, remove the memory, reseat it and plug in and power back on. I've had that reset error codes.

That is a paper feed or paper sensor malfunction error. Try one more time to make sure EVERYTHING is clear. You have the entire sheet which is good but maybe bumped something or moved something. Try turning it upside down and making sure no dirt or dust is in it...Good luck! :(

janetupnorth said:
Call tech support...there is probably another sequence they have to reset the error code. I deal with HPs usually and there are some pretty funky routines.

Or, if you know where the memory in your printer is, power it down, remove the memory, reseat it and plug in and power back on. I've had that reset error codes.
Okay, well, I'll let my husband try this one. AND I'll let him do the turning upside down thing. I'll have to go back and look for a phone number to call. I e-mailed them from the website, but I never got a message saying they received my message. Irritating. Thanks for your help.

JAE said:
Okay, well, I'll let my husband try this one. AND I'll let him do the turning upside down thing. I'll have to go back and look for a phone number to call. I e-mailed them from the website, but I never got a message saying they received my message. Irritating. Thanks for your help.

If Canon has online chat you might have better luck with that. I hope it is a false error and not your paper sensor.

Well, I just called Tech Support. The good news is that a new one will be sent out tomorrow. The bad news is I needed to be printing things 5 hours ago! DH can't find a memory card. I havn't suggested turning it upside down. I think he'll look at me funny when I suggest that.

Yep, got the funny look.:)

Too funny - tell him that is to shake any crap out that *MAY* be blocking the sensor!I'm glad it is under warranty at least!Can you take your documents to an office max or something to print them?

1. Why is my Canon MX700 printer not turning on?

There could be several reasons why your printer is not turning on. First, make sure it is properly plugged in and the power outlet is working. You may also want to check the power cord for any damages. If the printer still does not turn on, the issue could be with the internal power supply or a malfunctioning power button. We recommend contacting our customer service for further assistance.

2. How do I fix paper jam issues with my Canon MX700 printer?

Paper jams are a common problem with printers, and they can be easily fixed. Start by disconnecting the power and opening the printer cover to access the paper path. Gently remove any jammed paper and make sure there are no torn pieces left inside. After clearing the jam, close the cover and reconnect the power. Your printer should be ready to use again.

3. My Canon MX700 printer is printing blank pages, what should I do?

If your printer is printing blank pages, it could be due to low ink levels or clogged printhead nozzles. Check the ink levels and replace any cartridges that are running low. You can also try cleaning the printhead using the printer's maintenance tools. If the issue persists, there could be a problem with the printhead itself, and it may need to be replaced.

4. How do I connect my Canon MX700 printer to my wireless network?

To connect your printer to a wireless network, you will need to access the printer's settings menu and select the wireless LAN setup option. Follow the prompts to enter your network's SSID and password, and your printer should connect to the network. If you encounter any issues, refer to the printer's manual or contact our customer service for assistance.

5. Why is my Canon MX700 printer not recognizing the ink cartridges?

If your printer is not recognizing the ink cartridges, it could be due to incorrect installation or compatibility issues. Make sure the cartridges are installed correctly and are the correct ones for your printer model. If the issue persists, try cleaning the contacts on the cartridges and in the printer. If the problem continues, you may need to replace the cartridges or contact our customer service for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchefkristin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pchefkristin
Back