• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Freeze Pizza Dough? - Susan Asks the Experts

In summary, you can freeze pizza dough for up to 3 months and it is not necessary to let it rise before freezing. To thaw, place it in the refrigerator overnight or on the counter for a few hours. You can also freeze rolled-out pizza dough by wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap and parchment paper.
susanr613
Gold Member
Hi -

I saw a great pizza dough recipe in the Stoneware Sensations book and would love to make a double batch and freeze one fo the batches. Does anyone know if you can freeze regular dough?

Thanks!
Susan

I don't see why not.... I buy frozen dough all the time.

I'm doughy and freezing all the time...so go for it! :)

Yes you can freeze dough, proof the first time, punch down and and shape your dough into log for easy wrapping, first in saran wrap then in a bag if you wish. When you take your dough out for thawing remove wrap while still frozen or it will stick to the dough. Put dough someplace in the kitchen with a loose cover to thaw or in the fridge when it warms up it will rise again. and you are ready to bake and make your favourite pizza, foccacia etc.
lorna

thank you all so much!

1. Can I freeze pizza dough?

Yes, you can freeze pizza dough. Freezing pizza dough is a great way to save time and have fresh dough on hand when you want to make homemade pizza.

2. How long can pizza dough be frozen?

Pizza dough can be frozen for up to 3 months. It is important to properly wrap and store the dough to prevent freezer burn and maintain its quality.

3. Should I let the pizza dough rise before freezing?

It is not necessary to let the pizza dough rise before freezing. You can freeze the dough immediately after kneading and shaping it into a ball.

4. How do I thaw frozen pizza dough?

The best way to thaw frozen pizza dough is to place it in the refrigerator overnight. Alternatively, you can thaw it on the counter for a few hours, but be sure to keep an eye on it to prevent it from over-proofing.

5. Can I freeze pizza dough that has already been rolled out?

Yes, you can freeze rolled-out pizza dough. Simply place parchment paper between the dough rounds and wrap them tightly in plastic wrap before placing them in a freezer bag. Thaw in the refrigerator before using.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • chefsteph07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Bowlersbus
  • pampchefsarah