• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discovering Hidden Treasures: Our First House Remodeling Journey

! Please tell us!They found a dead racoon in the hallway! It must have been there before they moved in and got trapped. Bad luck, but it's all good now. The grossest thing was in my parents' home in TX. The house was completed in August of 92. The longer we were in the house the more we smelled a horrible stench coming from the hallway upstairs. We thought the master bath toilet wasn't flowing properly. Finally in about Dec the stench was so foul we could hardly breath upstairs. We had the builders come out to check on it. Lo and behold someone close in a racoon!! It had died back there and
Tropicalburstqt2
Gold Member
We just purchased our first house this summer & have been doing a lot of remodeling prior to moving in (new bedroom, remodeled kitchen, etc). So after much debate we decided to replace our kitchen counter top rather than put granite tile over top of it. Well, let me tell you now, I'm glad we did!!! :D Apparently whoever built the cabinets, built in a secret hiding place that we would have never found had we just covered over the old one with the granite. The best part about all of that was, we found 6 GOLD coins from 1881-1939!! :eek:Someone hid them & must have either forgot about them or passed away and no one knew about them. Regardless, we are visiting a coin shop asap. I'm anxious to see what they are worth! :rolleyes:

How Fun! That is so cool!

(you could also probably look up prices online - some of those shops aren't always reputable in the prices they give.)

That is to cool!

Definitely don't take those coins to just anyone. With the price of gold right now, you could get ripped off. And don't do the cash 4 gold stuff.

We are going to see a reputable coin dealer in our area. But we will get multiple quotes. Online it says that the one could be a minimum of $400,000 if it's only 1 of 32. Apparently they made it 2 different ways.

WOW! How kewl is this!!!

That is sooo awesome!! Congratulations on your find!

Hidden treasure? How exciting. Congratulations on your find.

that is really neat. my DH neighbors were digging up thier back yard and fond a jar full of gold coins. cashed them in and got them a new car.

WOW - that is awesome!!! Please let us know what they do end up being worth!

Be careful not to tell too many people!! You don't want to paint a target on your back, that's for sure! But cool find. :)

That is great the only thing we found when we took a wall down is a few BEER bottles beteen the wall We had the house built in 1990 I guess the workers had a few while working

Wow, Merry Christmas to you! Be careful and I hope it works out well for you!

Great time to find gold! Dor, that is funny and gross.

JAE said:
Great time to find gold! Dor, that is funny and gross.

No...what would be gross is wondering WHERE they put the beer after it was used..... I grew up on construction sites (only girl usually, unless mom was working the site too- my dad was the general). Trust me...they go wherever they felt like it! :yuck:

That's gross Bobbi!!

The grossest thing was in my parents' home in TX. The house was completed in August of 92. The longer we were in the house the more we smelled a horrible stench coming from the hallway upstairs. We thought the master bath toilet wasn't flowing properly. Finally in about Dec the stench was so foul we could hardly breath upstairs. We had the builders come out to check on it. Lo and behold someone close in a racoon!! It had died back there and began to rot. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever smelled in my life!!! YUCK!

So, what happened?

I have been wondering also

What inspired you to start your first house remodeling journey?

Our first house remodeling journey was inspired by our love for DIY projects and our desire to create a space that truly felt like our own. We saw so much potential in our new home and couldn't wait to bring our vision to life.

How did you decide on a budget for the remodeling process?

Before starting any renovations, we sat down and carefully evaluated our finances to determine how much we could realistically spend on the remodel. We also made a list of our must-haves and nice-to-haves to help prioritize our budget.

What were some unexpected challenges you faced during the remodeling process?

One of the biggest challenges we faced was discovering hidden issues such as water damage and faulty wiring that needed to be addressed before moving forward with our renovations. This added additional costs and time to the project, but we were able to overcome these challenges with careful planning and budgeting.

How did you incorporate your personal style into the design of your new home?

We made sure to infuse our personal style into every aspect of the remodel. From choosing wall colors and flooring to selecting furniture and decor, we made sure it reflected our taste and preferences. We also added unique DIY projects and personal touches to make the space truly feel like our own.

What advice do you have for others who are embarking on their first house remodeling journey?

Our advice would be to carefully plan and budget before starting any renovations, expect the unexpected, and be flexible with your timeline. Also, don't be afraid to get creative and add personal touches to make the space truly feel like your own. Most importantly, have fun and enjoy the process of creating your dream home!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• erinyourpclady
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nikked
  • candiejayne