• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Include "Outlet Specials" on a Catalog Show?

In summary, the consultant entered outlet orders on a show, but they will not count and will mess up the totals. The host will benefit from the extra products, but the consultant will have to call HO Tech Support to figure out why it is allowing this.
dancedivine
Since I am a new consultant, I've been sending my hosts the link to the Pampered Chef website so that their friends and family members can view the online catalog.... I tell my hosts that their guests cannot place the order online (since I don't have my own personal website yet), or the host will not receive credit. So, the host's friends and family members simply give the host a call when they find the items they want & then I enter the order.However, several people have been wanting to order the "outlet specials" found on the website.... I haven't actually completed an order & submitted it yet, but I have entered several orders for people on this one catalog show & the software is allowing me to enter the outlet specials... Will I have a problem once I hit "submit?" Or, has my host actually received credit for these outlet specials?Thanks for the info!!!

Thank you for asking this....I have been wondering the same thing! My very first show is tonight! AHHHH!!!! :confused:

No. Outlet orders must be ordered online and can not be added to a show. That's why people can't see the outlet if they put the host's name in at your website.

So, is there a reason why Pampered Partner Plus is allowing me to enter the outlet specials on my host's show? Thanks!

It's an error. Outlet items cannot be ordered on a show. If you submit a show with them, it will be delayed and the host benefits reduced, depending on how much the value of the outlet items were.

Are you using the "sale" item numbers? There is some of the same products in revised versions so you may be getting those. It may be a "burb" in the system as well. These count towards your total sales but never on a Catalog or Cooking Show! Are you entering them as samples?

I am just entering them as I would any other item on an individual guest's order..... I am entering the same product number that is on the Pampered Chef website in the "outlet specials" section. So far, everything looks good.... However, it sounds like I'll have a problem only when I go to "Finalize" the show? Will I know right away, or will I get a phone call from Home Office? This is my first show, so I appreciate all the input!!! :)

dancedivine said:
I am just entering them as I would any other item on an individual guest's order..... I am entering the same product number that is on the Pampered Chef website in the "outlet specials" section. So far, everything looks good....

However, it sounds like I'll have a problem only when I go to "Finalize" the show? Will I know right away, or will I get a phone call from Home Office? This is my first show, so I appreciate all the input!!! :)

Take the outlet orders off. They will not allow it. The host benefits will be reduced as well as your total sales and it will take longer for the show to ship.

You probably need to call HO Tech Support and ask them why it is allowing you to do this. It should not be. It will really mess up your totals. I had a host that got over $100 in Outlet orders so I added $10 extra in free products to her Show. It was around $200.

pcchefjane said:
You probably need to call HO Tech Support and ask them why it is allowing you to do this. It should not be. It will really mess up your totals. I had a host that got over $100 in Outlet orders so I added $10 extra in free products to her Show. It was around $200.

So, you actually included outlet orders on a show?

dancedivine said:
So, you actually included outlet orders on a show?

No. I think what she is saying is that the host got outlet orders so to thank her/ or to make up for the fact that those orders won't count, she gave her an extra $10 in products on her show out of her commission - the outlet orders can not be added to a show. If P3 allows that it is an error in the program.

Ok, got it.... Thanks so much for the information!!!!

BethCooks4U said:
No. I think what she is saying is that the host got outlet orders so to thank her/ or to make up for the fact that those orders won't count, she gave her an extra $10 in products on her show out of her commission - the outlet orders can not be added to a show. If P3 allows that it is an error in the program.

This is exactly what I did. This lady was doing a Catalog Show for me and also passed around the Outlet specials. Since it did not count towards her Show, I gave her a little extra product for her effort. It made her feel that I gave her something even though she "technically" did not earn it! Makes for good customer relations!

1. Can I include outlet specials on a catalog show?

Yes, you can include outlet specials on a catalog show. In fact, including outlet specials can be a great way to offer your customers even more value and options.

2. Are there any restrictions on which outlet specials can be included?

There are no specific restrictions on which outlet specials can be included on a catalog show. However, it is important to keep in mind that some outlet specials may have limited quantities or may be discontinued, so it's best to check with your consultant or the company's website to ensure availability.

3. Can I offer discounts on outlet specials for a catalog show?

While it's ultimately up to the individual consultant, most do not offer additional discounts on outlet specials. This is because outlet specials are already heavily discounted and marked down, making them a great deal for customers.

4. Are outlet specials eligible for host rewards?

Yes, outlet specials are eligible for host rewards. They will count towards the total show sales and can help a host earn more rewards and free products.

5. Can I use outlet specials as a booking incentive for a catalog show?

Yes, using outlet specials as a booking incentive can be a great way to encourage customers to book their own shows. It's a win-win for both the customer and the consultant, as the customer gets a great deal and the consultant gets a new show booking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• irishjc820
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
irishjc820
  • sweetpea8852
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sweetpea8852
  • JanisF