• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for Your First Business Expo: Get Answers Here!

In summary, the Chamber of Commerce is looking for someone to do an exhibitor booth at their upcoming business expo. They are asking if the person would like to donate a prize for a drawing, or do a product demonstration. The person is also asking if they are the only PC consultant in the area. The caller verified that they are the only PC consultant and offered to donate a cookbook. The caller also mentioned that many states have health codes that prevent the feeding of the crowd without certification.
Jessamary
A month or two ago, I went online and emailed all the local chamber of commerces about expos, craft shows, etc. I had a few responses back, including one for my county seat's 2009 business expo.

It's next month, and the price doesn't seem unreasonable ($75 for the day). On the form, it asks if I would like to donate a prize for a drawing, and if I'd like to do a product demonstration.

I've never done any type of expo. What should I do? If I do a prize donation, what should I donate? And if I do a demonstration, what should I demonstrate? Maybe an easy fix recipe?

Should I call them to make sure I'm the only PC person?

So many questions. Help!

Jessamary said:
A month or two ago, I went online and emailed all the local chamber of commerces about expos, craft shows, etc. I had a few responses back, including one for my county seat's 2009 business expo.

It's next month, and the price doesn't seem unreasonable ($75 for the day). On the form, it asks if I would like to donate a prize for a drawing, and if I'd like to do a product demonstration.

I've never done any type of expo. What should I do? If I do a prize donation, what should I donate? And if I do a demonstration, what should I demonstrate? Maybe an easy fix recipe?

Should I call them to make sure I'm the only PC person?

So many questions. Help!

I agree $75 a day is a good price, and is what a spot here costs me.

Do you know how many people they are expecting? Ask them their expection on the value of the prize. If you do a demonstration, keep it really simple.

Yes you should call to make sure you are the only PC consultant.

You can always have zucchini (sp?), cucumbers or potatoes and demo the mandoline and food chopper. I don't think it is really necessary to demo an actual recipe.

Would you mind sharing your e-mail?

Bren706 said:
You can always have zucchini (sp?), cucumbers or potatoes and demo the mandoline and food chopper. I don't think it is really necessary to demo an actual recipe.

Would you mind sharing your e-mail?

Not at all! That is, if I still had it. :blushing: My email deletes everything after 60 days.

But, I can say it was a really short, informal email, just asking if there were any vendor opportunities coming up in the future.

Oh, I did just call and verified that I am the only PC person. :D

I would donate one of our fabulous cookbooks...not too expensive and you can put your contact information inside the cover so if they need anything else, they can contact you :D

Just remember that many states have health codes that prevent you from feeding the crowd without certification.

What is a business expo?

A business expo is an event where businesses set up booths or tables to showcase their products or services to potential customers. It is an opportunity for businesses to network, gain exposure, and make sales.

Why should I attend a business expo?

Attending a business expo can be beneficial for your business in many ways. It can help you reach a larger audience, generate leads, and increase brand awareness. It also allows you to network with other businesses and potentially form partnerships.

How should I prepare for a business expo?

To prepare for a business expo, you should start by setting goals for what you want to achieve at the event. Make sure to have plenty of marketing materials, such as business cards and brochures, and have a well-designed booth. Additionally, practice your pitch and be prepared to answer questions about your business.

What should I bring to a business expo?

Some essential items to bring to a business expo include marketing materials, such as business cards and brochures, a banner or signage for your booth, a tablecloth, and any necessary equipment or products to showcase your business. It's also a good idea to bring snacks and water to keep you energized throughout the event.

What should I do after a business expo?

After a business expo, it's essential to follow up with any leads or connections you made. Send personalized emails or make phone calls to potential customers or partners. Also, take the time to evaluate your performance at the expo and make any necessary adjustments for future events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefjpeak
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • chefmelody
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
pamperedcheermom
  • leshelman