• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking with the New Buffalo Rub: Ideas & Recipes

In summary, the new Buffalo Rub is great for chicken recipes. There are many threads about recipes, but the recipe that BeckyD created is a favorite. She suggests adding sweetener to the rub for a sweeter flavor.
A Pampered Kitchen
Silver Member
Hello,

I am looking to see how you have used the new Buffalo Rub. Does anyone have any great ideas or recipes to share for this new rub? I made Buffalo Wings with it and my husband loved it but I want to try out some new ideas if anyone has something to share.

There are several threads about this.

Here's a recipe I use a lot and EVERYONE loves it. BeckyD is the originator of this awesome recipe:

BUFFALO RUB CHICKEN DIP
8 oz. cream cheese
1 (10-14 oz) can chicken
1 cup Ranch dressing
1/4 cup Bleu Cheese crumbles
1/4 cup Wing Sauce
1 heaping tsp. Pampered Chef Buffalo Rub
4 oz. grated cheddar

Mix everything except the cheddar cheese together. Pour into mini-baker, then sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top. Microwave on high for 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve it with celery & carrot sticks, and tortilla chips.

*I have made it without the Bleu Cheese and it was just as yummy. One host chose to use Feta Cheese and it was good with that too.

That Buffalo Chicken Dip is soooo good! Even my SD emailed me to ask for the recipe to use for shows after I brought it to our recipe testing meeting this Fall. I made it up because I love the buffalo flavor...but needed something with less heat, but still flavorful. I can sit and eat this with a spoon, it's so good!

I've also used the rub as one of the choices when I do Chicken Your Way shows. It works great for that too. I've been doing Wrap Sandwiches when I do this, so people can do a Buffalo Chicken Wrap as one of the choices.

I've been making it as a dip with mayo and sour cream and have sold a lot of them at shows.

Does anyone have a recipe that adds sweetness to the flavor of the rub? I like the sweet honey type of buffalo wings, but have no idea what to do to make them or some other type of buffalo chicken type dish. I like the flavor and subtle kick of buffalo rub, but prefer a little sweetness to it.

babywings76 said:
Does anyone have a recipe that adds sweetness to the flavor of the rub? I like the sweet honey type of buffalo wings, but have no idea what to do to make them or some other type of buffalo chicken type dish. I like the flavor and subtle kick of buffalo rub, but prefer a little sweetness to it.

I wonder if you just mix the rub with honey?

mix it with brown sugar for a sweeter flavorsprinkle it on popcorn

I made the Buffalo Chicken Chili in the Soups, Stews and Chilis cookbook. YUMMY!!!

BethCooks4U said:
I wonder if you just mix the rub with honey?

Marinate your chicken in olive oil, rub, and honey. It'll grill up so nice and will be all full of caramelized sweet and spicy goodness.

Oh Keith.....that sounds delicious. That's going to be on the menu for next week for sure.

I made the buffalo rub popcorn last night--omy we couldn't stop eating it. Tempted tonight, but I can't use up all my rub!!make a bag of microwave popcorn
melt 4 T butter
add 2 t buffalo rub, stir the butter and seasoning.,,,then pour it over the popcorn and stir stir stir to get it all mixed together. I will probably try it with a little brown sugar next time. (mmm thanks Amanda and Teresa

1. What is the main ingredient in the Buffalo Rub?

The main ingredient in the Buffalo Rub is a blend of spices and herbs, including cayenne pepper, garlic, and onion.

2. Is the Buffalo Rub spicy?

Yes, the Buffalo Rub does have a bit of heat from the cayenne pepper, but it is not overly spicy. You can adjust the amount used in a recipe to control the level of spiciness.

3. Can the Buffalo Rub be used on meats other than chicken?

Absolutely! The Buffalo Rub is versatile and can be used on any type of meat, including beef, pork, and even tofu. It adds a delicious spicy kick to any protein.

4. Are there any vegetarian recipes using the Buffalo Rub?

Yes, there are many vegetarian recipes that incorporate the Buffalo Rub. Some popular options include Buffalo cauliflower bites, spicy roasted chickpeas, and buffalo quinoa bowls.

5. How long does the Buffalo Rub last?

The Buffalo Rub has a shelf life of 2 years if stored in a cool, dry place. Once opened, it is best to use within 6 months for optimal flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefChris
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
booksx2
  • HeatherStephani
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies