• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delivery Disaster: Broken Bar Pans and Questions

In summary, a consultant had a show where several stones were broken during delivery. The consultant is unsure if she should call HO or just put in adjustments. Others suggest doing both. The consultant is now confused about the return process and shipping labels.
chefkitty
:confused: :mad: I had a show delivered to my house instead of my customers house to make sure that everything went ok. Well when I opened my 1st box that had all the heavy stuff, i.e. stones, batter bowls etc., the 2 small bar pans were both broken around the edges and then I opened the med. bar pan that one was fine, but when I opened the large bar pan it too was broken all along the edges. The large bar pans box was all to pieces. It looked like they didn't even pop out the little insert that the pan is supposed to sit snug into. I am so upset. So I am wondering should I call HO and say something about this or should I just put in my adjustments and go from there? To me it looks kind of fishy that 3 out of 4 of the stones from this show are broken, but they really are. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'd put in your adjustment but also mention it to them. I believe they're changing the packaging of the stones coming up so this would help them justify that change!

thanks. I am just so worried that they are going to be like blah there is no way that there could be that many broken stones.

I would think it's happened before. If I box gets mishandled or pressed heavily in a pusher at the hub of the shipper, it happens. I wouldn't be surprised by it personally!

I'm sure others here could tell you if it has happened to them.

OK so I entered the adjustment and they want me to send both of the small pans back but not the large bar pan. What sense does that make? I thought that I had read somewhere on here that I anly have to send 1 piece back to show them that it was broken. Is that true? I don't know cuz I have never had this happen to me before. thanks for your help janetupnorth!

you know, they want the weirdest things back. they still haven't sent a shipping label for my broken trifle bowl and i've gotten the new one and it's been 3 weeks or so. I did an online adjustment yesterday for a broken large serving spatula (metal separated from plastic) and i have to send it back. WEIRD!

They probably want the two small ones back to verify that it was 2 and you didn't just send a small piece of one broken one and claim two.

On the trifle bowl, they probably have had so many that they trust it's broken.

I'm sure certain products or quantities send up certain "flags" on adjustment.

ChefKitty - YW! ;)

that is odd. I have had 2 of the same item broken on the last stoneware sale and they did not require me to send them back...but I always call too and let them know instead of doing an online adjustment.

all the big boxes full of stones from that sale? ONE PIECE of tape to hold the box together! that is insane.

my stones were packed biggest at bottom and up then batter bowls on top of them. So roght now I am waiting for them to "approve" my return. Will they send me a shipping label so that I don't have to pay for s&h? I am so confused on this. Also I had a customer tell me that her chillzane rectagular server melted in th dishwasher. I did an adjustment and couldn't get the product fro mher to send back so I gave her the information and still haven't seen where she has sent it back yet. Does anyone know if there is a time limit on reference numbers for returns?

As long as it is 30 days or less from the shipping date, they will pay for you to ship them back. However, if you don't use the sticker and ship them back, you either won't get the new ones or will get charged for them (if they ship them to you before you ship back the broken ones).

cmdtrgd said:
As long as it is 30 days or less from the shipping date, they will pay for you to ship them back. However, if you don't use the sticker and ship them back, you either won't get the new ones or will get charged for them (if they ship them to you before you ship back the broken ones).
What do you mean, you will get charged for them?

Just wait for the shipping label. Do not send the products back without it. If they want to pay for the entire stone to come back it's their dime.

Now if it was past the 30 days and you had to pay for the shipping, I would definitely pust put a piece in. All stones are stamped so if you had 2 of the same stone in an adjustment you could put the same piece of each in the return so they can't have any doubts. They trust us to be honest. Don't worry.

It took weeks to finally get the label for the new products that came to me broken but less than a week to get the replacement. I just held onto the broken box until the label showed up.

did you get your replacements before you sent them back or after?

I was told by a customer service rep that the minimum weight requirement of a piece to be sent back is a pound. I had a guests handle come right off of their deep covered baker. I called to let them know that I was mailing the handle back and they said they would take it this time but going forward the return has to be at least 1 pound.

that is interesting. I guess I am going to have to call HO cuz I still haven't heard anything and it has been 2 days.
Thanks again everyone for your help!

You know what ??!! I am getting so fed up with HO. I still haven't heard back from them and it has been a week now. I don't know what to do anymore! AHHHH I am pulling out my hair on this.

I got a Spanish Consultant calendar in my kit...tried to call and waited on hold for 45 minutes and then gave up and e-mailed. It took about 48 hours for a reply. I think things are VERY busy right now!

yeah, I just really want my customer to get her stones in a reasonable amount of time.

They won't send her a new one until the old broken one is received.

1. What should I do if my bar pan arrives broken?

If your bar pan arrives broken, please contact our customer service team immediately. They will be able to assist you with a replacement or refund.

2. How long does it typically take to receive a replacement for a broken bar pan?

This will vary depending on your location and the availability of the bar pan. Our customer service team will be able to provide you with an estimated time frame for your specific situation.

3. Can I return a broken bar pan to a Pampered Chef consultant instead of contacting customer service?

No, broken bar pans must be handled through our customer service team. They will be able to assist you with the return and replacement process.

4. Are there any additional costs for a replacement bar pan?

No, if your bar pan arrives broken, we will cover the cost of the replacement and any shipping fees associated with it.

5. How can I prevent my bar pan from breaking during delivery?

We package our products with care to minimize the risk of damage during delivery. However, if you are concerned about your bar pan breaking, we recommend adding insurance or opting for expedited shipping to ensure safe delivery.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KBPC09
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Shell Northway
  • Chef Ritz
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Jennie4PC