• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with a Broken Item Return: Tips and Guidelines

In summary, you should tell her that the product has a three year guarantee and that she can either give the consultant the HO number or call HO themselves for a reference number. Without a receipt, she may be able to get a reference number by knowing the name of the consultant or host she bought the product from.
sherid
I am new to this and was wondering about the return policy. My friend is having a show tomorrow and has just informed me that our friend Jody will be there and she was bringing a baker stoneware that busted in half when making something and was going to ask me about it. What do I tell her? I don't know how long she has had it. I know she is going to bring it and complain about it breaking in front of everyone so how would I approach this and how does she go about returning it?

I do not handle other people's returns. You can give her the HO number and tell her to call them. She may have to provide a receipt or know when she purchased it.

Stoneware has a three year guarantee. If she has a receipt, you can give her the number for HO and she can call and get a reference number for a return. Without a receipt, if it is less than three years old, and she knows the name of the consultant or host she bought if from, she may be able to have HO look it up for her. I would have her call HO herself in that case, since they'll need more info from her. If she has the receipt, its up to you whether to just give her the phone number or call for her. Some consultants offer that as a service to their hosts, but it is certainly not required. Oh, and if she complains about it breaking, use that as an opportunity to talk up our warrantees and how great HO is about accepting returns.

Also, be sure she knows that she won't have to send the whole thing back. They just need a piece the size of a quarter.

Thanks you guys! Any ideas of what I could tell her when she wants to know what could have caused it to break? I know she is going to ask.

Extreme temperature changes. i.e. taking it directly from the freezer and
putting it into the hot oven while the food is still frozen, is one possibility.
Dropping it or having another piece knock against it in a cupboard. She
probably knows very well what she did before it broke. PC is good about
not asking those specifics. If you go to the on-line Adjustment, you will see
that it is very vague.

I had a show where a person who was the hostess' Mother's friend send a damaged Chef's knife and receipt to my show. I handled the return and paid the shipping myself. It had a lifetime warranty. I went through hell and high
water to help the lady, and she would not return my follow-up phone calls,
nor would the hostess' Mother. However, the show was over $700, and the woman placed a decent order. I'd like to think it was appreciated, and I felt
good by solving the return which another consultant had refused to do because she had not sold the knife, originally. Neither had I, but that was a good example of "customer service", in my mind. If PC as a company stands by our products, why shouldn't we do the same as a consultant?

raebates said:
Also, be sure she knows that she won't have to send the whole thing back. They just need a piece the size of a quarter.
Hmmm...I have always heard a palm size piece.
Love ya Rae!
;)

KellyTheChef said:
Hmmm...I have always heard a palm size piece.
Love ya Rae!
;)

So have I in fact the other day when I called the guy told me a 3x3 piece? I have never had anyone tell me measurements and he said he shouldn't be any smaller or larger then that!

I have a question for you all. I just had a show for a past host yesterday. Her show last year was 3/16/07 the show was yesterday, 3/29/08. Her A/P/C/S is rusted and turns horrible and doesn't want another one wants something else, can she maybe since it is 13 days over a year get an exchange for another product or do you think they will make her take a new A/P/C/S??

Thanks-
Kelly V.

What does A/P/C/S mean? I am sure it is something simple but cannot think what.
Cathy

cvaccaro said:
What does A/P/C/S mean? I am sure it is something simple but cannot think what.
Cathy

Sorry, Apple Peeler (this is one with no / sorry), Corer, Slicer.

Isn't it a warranty from date of delivery to the host?

sherid said:
I am new to this and was wondering about the return policy. My friend is having a show tomorrow and has just informed me that our friend Jody will be there and she was bringing a baker stoneware that busted in half when making something and was going to ask me about it. What do I tell her? I don't know how long she has had it. I know she is going to bring it and complain about it breaking in front of everyone so how would I approach this and how does she go about returning it?
You could ask the host to give her friend a call to tell her that she doesn't need to bring the stone because you don't do returns (you could word this better of course), or ask the host for the person's phone number so you can take care of it over the phone.

JAE said:
Isn't it a warranty from date of delivery to the host?
I think your right!! I will check on delivery date. We might just be okay??

Thanks-
Kelly

You might be okay but you can also call and they have been known to work with people. I'm sure if you explain the situation and want to make the customer happy it would be in PC's best interest to bend the rule.

BUT- the a/p/c/s has a 3 year warrenty so it shouldn't be a problem! :)

Put she doesn't want another Appler Peeler. She says she doesn't like it and wants to exchange it. Can she if it's after 1 year?:confused:

Kelly V.

What is the process for returning a broken item?

If you have received a broken item, you can return it to us within 30 days of purchase for a replacement or a refund. Simply contact our customer service team and provide your order number and a photo of the broken item.

Do I need to pay for shipping when returning a broken item?

No, we will provide a prepaid shipping label for you to use when returning a broken item. Simply print the label and attach it to the package before dropping it off at a shipping location.

Can I return a broken item if I have used it?

Yes, you can still return a broken item even if you have used it. We understand that accidents can happen, and we want to make sure you are completely satisfied with your purchase.

How long does it take to receive a replacement or refund for a broken item?

Once we receive the broken item, it typically takes 1-2 business days for us to process the return and issue a replacement or refund. However, please allow for additional time for the shipping process.

What if I no longer have the original packaging for the broken item?

We understand that the original packaging may not always be available. In this case, please securely package the broken item to ensure it does not get damaged during the return shipping process. If possible, include any original documentation or labels with the item.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ivykeep
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
clshirk
  • beckypchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
beckypchef
  • stefani2