• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bridal Shower Etiquette: Dealing with a Bride's No-Gift Request

In summary, the mother of the bride does not want a bridal shower. People are coming to the shower expecting to get the bride a gift, so a regular bridal shower will be confusing to guests and not very beneficial to the bride.
I just got off the phone with the mother of the bride to be. She does not want me to mention anything about purchasing a gift for the bride! Huh? She doesn't want anyone to feel like they have to purchase a present for her. Thus, no bulletin board, etc. Anyone know how to deal with this, lol? I'm so confused...

Then I wouldn't call it a bridal shower! I would just do it as a regular show. The problem with that is if people look at it as a shower, they will want to buy something for the bride or bring their own present. If they bring their own present then your sales will go down. Talk it over with the mom and let her know that it will be confusing to the guests and not very beneficial to the bride.

Thank you so much for that advice. I will do that. She was just so adamant about it, it really took me by surprise :).

Thank you so much for that advice. I will do that. She was just so adamant about it, it really took me by surprise :).

I would just explain to her that it works just like a regular bridal registry. If the guests were coming to a regular bridal shower they would have to buy gifts anyway. With a PC bridal shower, they don't have to shop, they don't have to wrap, they don't even have to buy a card. That's why it's important to make a wish list for the bride. People are coming to the shower expecting to get the bride a gift!

Is she asking you to do a bridal shower or a cooking show?

The invitation says Pampered Chef bridal shower, so people know that PC is involved. The host said that she has told most people about it already, and when people call to rsvp, if they ask, she will explain. It'll be fine. Thanks!

1. What are some popular bridal shower themes?

Some popular bridal shower themes include tea party, wine tasting, spa day, garden party, and brunch. These themes can be customized to fit the preferences and interests of the bride-to-be.

2. How many guests should I invite to a bridal shower?

The number of guests to invite depends on the bride's preference and the type of shower being thrown. Typically, a bridal shower has around 20-40 guests, but it can be smaller or larger depending on the budget and venue capacity.

3. What are some fun and interactive games for a bridal shower?

Some fun games for a bridal shower include "The Newlywed Game," "Bridal Bingo," "How Well Do You Know the Bride?," and "Toilet Paper Wedding Dress." These games are a great way to get guests involved and break the ice.

4. What types of gifts are appropriate for a bridal shower?

Gifts for a bridal shower should be focused on the bride and her new home. Some popular gift ideas include kitchen gadgets, home decor, and gift cards for experiences, such as a cooking class or spa day. It's also common for guests to contribute to a larger gift, such as a honeymoon fund.

5. How can I make the bridal shower special and memorable?

To make the bridal shower special and memorable, consider incorporating personalized touches, such as a slideshow of the bride and groom, a signature cocktail, or a DIY activity. You can also ask guests to bring a special item or recipe to share with the bride, creating a meaningful and personal experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hindy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • cheftracyp