• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bookings and Miracle Chocolate Cake

L
lwiesman
Hello everyone, I am new to this site and have been doing PC since October. I have been listening to the CDs from Nat'l Conf. 2005. Renee Figlock talked about a miracle chocolate cake that takes 12 minutes and you don't have to bake it. Does anyone have that recipe?
Also, Jacque Ruddy talked about her 50 ways to get bookings. Does anyone have those?

Thanks for the help

Perhaps they meant no-bake as in no-oven.... you can make a 12 minute microwave cake in the fluted pan.

And you can make cakes in the Rice Cooker Plus in the microwave!

12 min miracle cake & booking tipsThe 12-min miracle cake is also called the 3-2-1 cake. Here are some tips too

Attachments

• 321 cake.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 523
  • Microwave Cakes.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 549
  • booking ideas.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 609
  • booking tips.doc
    85 KB · Views: 516
Thanks Scott for you tips that you posted! Got to check them out to see which ones I am missing!

the 3-2-1 cake recipe is a blank word document =S

I noticed that too. I got the others and they are very helpful.

Oh yes they are! sorry, I should have said that! I'm quick-replying and don't have smilies. Sorry! heheheI LOVE the Booking Tips - some of those will be copied into my show outline.

I downloaded them and saved them to read tomorrow. Every now and then you find a tip you didn't think of or remember which is good.

Is this the same as the micro-cake with the glob of chocolate frosting cooked with it and it supposed to be a completly frosted cake at the end??? I have tried that one and ugh...it was horrible.

thank you so much for the information. I have been reading thru all of the suggestions and you were by far the one with the most information to help a new consultant get started in her business.

The trick with putting the frosting in the rice cooker is to use the medium scoop, and do 4 scoops at 12, 3, 6 and 9 position (like on a clock) and put the rice cooker at the very edge of the turntable in the microwave (not the middle) and it will turn out so GOOD!

sailortena said:
The trick with putting the frosting in the rice cooker is to use the medium scoop, and do 4 scoops at 12, 3, 6 and 9 position (like on a clock) and put the rice cooker at the very edge of the turntable in the microwave (not the middle) and it will turn out so GOOD!

I just plop half the tub of frosting in the middle and I've always just put it in the middle of the turntable, I have made about 20 now and they have all been great! Thank god its pretty fool proof!

Scott thanks for posting those tips. Still good to read and refresh yourself after being in the biz for a while.

Ann Ried

I have made the molten lava cake and the german choc. micro cakes and I have to say the German came out looking better anyways!

This is the recipe I use as a bonus to hosts... i buy cake and frosting (under $2 on sale) host provides the egg, oil and water and I use it to get bookings during sell-a-thon months as an additional FREE recipe from me. I even once mixed up the cake at home in a bowl and brought it with me already mixed up and that made it even easier!

Here's some more of those microwave cakes and some others- all done in the fluted stoneware- great for Feb! Enjoy :)

Attachments

• FlutedStoneRecipeBook[1].doc
    73.5 KB · Views: 398
sailortena said:
I've been doing the rice cooker cake at every show since November... and my show average has gone up at least $100 each show. It's incredible! By far my favorite product to show, and usually generates a few laughs when I tell 'em I've "heard" it's pretty good for cooking rice, too... but I always use it for the best cakes ever! :p

Pampered Laura said:
I've been doing the rice cooker cake at every show since November... and my show average has gone up at least $100 each show. It's incredible! By far my favorite product to show, and usually generates a few laughs when I tell 'em I've "heard" it's pretty good for cooking rice, too... but I always use it for the best cakes ever! :p

Do you do this before the show or as your recipe for a quick show?

It's the 2nd recipe I do while my other one is in the micro (lately been doing the Touchdown Taco Dip in the Deep Covered Baker @ micro for 6 mins). By the time the dip is done, the cake is made and going in to the microwave. By the time the guests have tasted the dip, the cake is ready to flip on to a plate. Works great - quick 2 recipe demo!

Laura,
I'd like to do one tomorrow night for a 2nd recipe. Can you give me step-by-step instructions on how you do yours....I've done a few in the fluted pan that I was not impressed with. Can I do the pumpkin spice one?

It's sooo easy! You'll be hooked. I do this at every show.
I *really* talk it up at my shows... teasing them with a "Miracle Chocolate Cake" and telling them that I have a very special cake to show them... "it's a warm chocolate cake in 9 minutes - without an oven - truly a miracle every woman needs to know about".
I taunt them and really build it up... it's so funny when I pull out the RICE COOKER of all things. I give them a moment to laugh at the fact that I've never used it for rice... LOL
When the cake finally comes out - they GASP and are just going nuts over it.
every show since November, I've sold 6+ rice cookers. In December alone, I sold 23 of them.

You need:
Cake mix (I like devil's food)
container of chocolate frosting (original, not the whipped kind)
ingredients to make the cake

Open your rice cooker and pour the box of cake mix in it (no spraying required). Add your oil, water, and 3 eggs (mix it according to box directions). Whisk together till smooth.z
With Medium Scoop, drop 4 scoops in to the batter in the cooker (not on the edges, but a little towards the middle - I tend to make a square with them in the middle).
DO NOT MIX OR STIR the frosting in the cake batter.
Replace inner lid, and top of cooker. LOCK.

Place on turntable in micro, and microwave on high for 7.5-9 minutes depending on power.

Remove, and let it sit for 4-5 mins (I give my recruiting talk here).
Flip on to SA plate or Celebrate plate. YUM-O! Perfect every time.

As they're eating it, I ask them "Was that worth waiting for? Don't you agree it's truly something you NEEDED to know about?" I'll also mention here that they need to "put your email address on your order form and I'll mail you the recipes from the party tonight - including the one for this wonderful cake, so you can make it at home with YOUR Rice Cooker". and I ask them to email me with the different flavor variations they try so I can share them at shows.

I've had customers say they try it with all kinds of variations of flavors cake/frosting. Strawberry cake mix/vanilla frosting. Gingerbread Cake mix/vanilla frosting. Chocolate cake mix/strawberry frosting, etc.

Give it a try a few times at home. Cake is cheap and its so yummy!

Thank you so much, Laura, for the wonderful details! I will try one tomorrow before my show!

Thank you, thank you!!!

Hmmm I really want to try this...I might have to place a personal order for a Rice Cooker!!!My biggest problem is the build up....I'll have to work on that!

LAURA...

Ok, i want to try this at my DESSERT SHOW tomorrow...do you recommend I do my first try of it @ home first...and 2 questions...
1. 4 scoops with the med. scoop...does that use all the batter? if not, do you do anything w/ the rest of the batter @ any point?
2. Where does the frosting come in, after its on the plate...? If so how long do you let it cool before frosting???

lilscrapmama said:
LAURA...

Ok, i want to try this at my DESSERT SHOW tomorrow...do you recommend I do my first try of it @ home first...and 2 questions...
1. 4 scoops with the med. scoop...does that use all the batter? if not, do you do anything w/ the rest of the batter @ any point?
2. Where does the frosting come in, after its on the plate...? If so how long do you let it cool before frosting???

bumping up..really need to know about frosting......help =)

lilscrapmama said:
LAURA...

Laura isn't on right now, but I think I can answer for her!

The "4 scoops into the batter" is 4 scoops of the frosing with the medium scoop, and drop that in to the batter. (You will use all of the batter...and only 4 scoops of the tub of frosting)... You can use that for whatever later on.

The cake "frosts" itself....it drops to the bottom of the cake, so after it cools 4-5 minutes, you are going to flip it over onto a plate...and then the frosting will "drip" down the sides and frost itself!

HTH...and it probably is smart to try it at home first!

jenniferknapp said:
Laura isn't on right now, but I think I can answer for her!

The "4 scoops into the batter" is 4 scoops of the frosing with the medium scoop, and drop that in to the batter. (You will use all of the batter...and only 4 scoops of the tub of frosting)... You can use that for whatever later on.

The cake "frosts" itself....it drops to the bottom of the cake, so after it cools 4-5 minutes, you are going to flip it over onto a plate...and then the frosting will "drip" down the sides and frost itself!

HTH...and it probably is smart to try it at home first!
THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU ! =) I guess I will try it at home before my show next weekend, sounds yummy!

I guess I should try the rice cooker version (as I have tried the fluted version) and it just didn't come out that spectacular. But I did like the German chocolate version in the fluted!

I just did spice cake with cream cheese frosting and I'm not impressed. The cake does NOT look pretty or even like a regular cake. How do yours turn out everyone?

rebeccastt said:
I just did spice cake with cream cheese frosting and I'm not impressed. The cake does NOT look pretty or even like a regular cake. How do yours turn out everyone?

I'm not a fan at all of the Micro cakes - but I have a host on Mon. who requested the Rice-Cooker cake (heard about it from someone else) so I tried one today.....I did a Chocolate Fudge Cake w/ Choc. Fudge frosting.....my DH & DS ate it no problem....but you are right....it looked yucky, and sorta rubbery - don't think it tasted rubbery, but it just looked that way - not something I would serve to guests! That has always been my issue w/ the micro cakes....they just are not pretty at all! I just can't imagine doing one at a show, presenting it and saying "Ta Da!"....I'll stick w/ the skillet cakes!

I make the rice cooker cake at alot of my shows. Everyone has always loved the cake. They are always so surprised at how moist it taste. I love the chocolate with chocolate icing.

The two times I did the lava cake were not pretty and no one touched it the first time at a party. The 2nd one at least people said it was good, although they were not raving over it. But the German chocolate looked better and people said it was good.

I've had really good results by "baking" the cake in the microwave, and letting
it cool (in the rice cooke - in the microwave for 5 minutes). After you turn it out onto the Celebrate plate, THEN use about 4 small scoops of frosting out of a can, and spread on the warm cake and let it drizzle down the sides. It looks like a gourmet cake that is about 6" high, and would cost $7 to 9 in some of the local grocery stores.

You can decorate it with sliced strawberries on the frosting if you want it to
have move eye appeal. I'm more than satisfied with the appearance and the flavor and moistness have brought raves at my parties. I've only done Chocolate with Chocolate frosting.

I did the chocolate cake with chocolate frosting last night for a show and it turned out MUCH better than the spice cake with cream cheese frosting. Everyone raved how yummy it was!

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm not a fan at all of the Micro cakes - but I have a host on Mon. who requested the Rice-Cooker cake (heard about it from someone else) so I tried one today.....I did a Chocolate Fudge Cake w/ Choc. Fudge frosting.....my DH & DS ate it no problem....but you are right....it looked yucky, and sorta rubbery - don't think it tasted rubbery, but it just looked that way - not something I would serve to guests! That has always been my issue w/ the micro cakes....they just are not pretty at all! I just can't imagine doing one at a show, presenting it and saying "Ta Da!"....I'll stick w/ the skillet cakes!

I have done the microwave 12 min cake in the fluted stone pan several times. After I invert it, I always "jazz" it up a bit by squirting some caramel, raspberry, white chocolate, etc sauce on top of it. I have had the best success with chocolate/chocolate. I am making one of these as a second recipe next Friday night. I am bringing some white chocolate sauce and raspberries. It doesn't look like a perfect cake, but it's warm, gooey, and chocolate. And I always sell fluted pans when I make it.

Could be the cake, could be the other ideas I give along with it.

Did you know... the easiest way to get corn off the cob: stand the cob on the top of the middle thing in the fluted pan. Cut the corn off from the top of the cob down. The kernels fall into the fluted pan. Yes, you could do this on a cutting board, but it gives the fluted pan another use. Plus you can do a version of beer can chicken on the fluted pan. No beer required! The fluted stoneware pan.. not just for cakes anymore.

Thank you everyone for all your great tips! I love this site. I hope to grow my business to be great and successful! I am sure this site, and you guys are going to help me get there!!! Thank you!!!!!

I have been making the 13 min cake for a while now ssssssssssoooooooo easy they love it I have a Valentine's brunh tomarow this is what the host said to me when I asked her what she wants me to demo

" I don't care as long as you make that freaken micowave cake I am still shocked that was awsome " I guess I booked that show cause of that cake !

Wait till I tell them they can have the cake in 8 min in the rice cooker now

Last edited:
Ok, just a question.... I've done this cake, and when flipped, it creates a HUGE mess. Am I doing something wrong?

Krista,
Are you talking about the cake with the Rice Cooker OR the Fluted Pan? If you mean the rice cooker, but sure to only use the 4 to 5 med. scoops of frosting, if you use the whole can you will have frosting everywhere, trust me, I know! Also, use a big enough plate to catch the excess frosting. I used a med. square plate and a whole can of frosting the first time I made the Rice Cooker cake, frosting everywhere!! Also, don't forget to let the cake "rest" for the 5 minutes, I think this lets the frosting set up just a bit, so it's not so runny. Hope this helps.
Deb

Also, don't make the cake in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer. Mine came out a mess the first time having used both a mixer and an entire can of frosting! But delicious. Now I mix it in the rice cooker and only add about 1/2 can.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • scottcooks
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
susans_kitchen
  • erinhoward