• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Success with Booking Slide: 4 Shows & 1 Catalog!

In summary, this presentation tool is a great way for hosts to reduce stress during their shows and get more bookings.
AmyP
Can I just say I used the booking slide at my show this past weekend and got 4 shows and 1 catalog! I feel it really works cause you got hrough it with your guests and they really pay attention!

Congrats!
I've have yet to use mine - not sure what or how to use it yet. Guess I'll have to use it at my next show!

I am still sad I don't have one. I know I can make it.... but I just want the fancy one! LOL

I actually printed it out online, went to staples and picked the colors out and had it laminated. Then just taped the backs together. COst $27 though. lol, I shoudl of asked before I did it but its ok. I used mine at the end of show. I said one more thing before Im done, and went through it.

Glad it worked for you!! Hey, that $27 was a good investment!

Sounds like it's paying off, though! That's great!

I like the booking slide for the "wow" factor. When I whip that thing out, I always hear a few giggles. Really gets their attention!

Can we order this on supply order yet? I made my own, but it's not that "flashy". (I typed the info on paper, put the paper in page protectors, then taped the page protectors together with clear packing tape).

I used mine for the first time this past weekend...was having a hard time finding the words to introduce it! I thanked my hostess with one of our reusable bags (from the supply orders) and then told everyone she was going to need that and MORE to carry all of her HOSTESS REWARDS...and then whipped out the slide and read through it....2 bookings out of 6 guests!!!

That works Cindy! I have used mine since my very first show as I look forward to giving my brain a rest as I don't have to remember anything - it's all listed for me. Lately I have been using it at the beginning of the show when I give a reusable shopping bag and SB Cookbook and tell the guests that "Today/tonite Suzie is going to get a ton for free so lets start it off! As my token of thanks I'd like to give Suze blah blah blah. Is that it? Heck no! Why did Suzie want to have all of you over, aside from your great company? For hosting todays show, Suzie is going to get ALL of this (as i throw out the slide and let it expand)." Then i cover the slide and finish the slide with and you too can get all of this by booking your own show at the end. We'll talk about that more as we go along but keep it in mind as I know your wish list is going to grow quite lengthy. Suzie would LOVE you to pieces if you buy everything at full price but heck, we're all about a bargain! Sorry Suzie, not to hurt your sales but really my peeps, host your own show and reap Suzies benefits. No need for her to hog them all to herself! And I assure you, there's more than enough of me to go around! :)

Ok I could go on and on but I wont - that's how i work in the slide...

That sounds GREAT Melissa...I diffidently have to expand more, but it was easy! I've always been one that my "words" truly had to be "my own" (absolutely dispise roll playing at Cluster Meetings). Thanks again...I really found the bag/tote an easy lead in!!!!

I do like your idea, Melissa! I will have to try it!

Happy to share. I think I do great at the slide and pushing shows (not bragging - want to be clear) but boy do I suck (yes that blunt) at 'my story' and recruiting. (hence they are tied together) I've been giving it thought and since the booking slide takes away any/all stress to remember everything, I think I'm going to do folders or one master folder and put in page protectors everything I want to cover and do it all at the beginning telling my guests "Ok lets get this boring stuff out of the way at the beginning so that later on you don't want to stab yourselves with the pens I gave to you as the crazy house party lady goes on BLAH BLAH BLAH when you're just ready to eat. (you'd have to hear my tone with all of that - its funny sounding) But at the beginning I have their attention, by the end they are gabbing, already filling out their forms, itching to leave etc. Then I feel rushed and get ahead of myself and skip over my story and more about the biz. I'm getting better on RUFTH and the check out but the other stuff I tend to skip over (not purposely).

Also, make your slide fun so that your guests enjoy it and its not just this flip chart of words. (Again thinking like a guest and hearing BLAH BLAH BLAH) They love it when I end with that "they get me as their personal consultant and not some 1800 number and I assure you, you will not only see that I have the gift to gab tonite, but I do speak clear english. I will forewarn you though, I did go to public school though so it may not be grammatically correct but it is clear." (and in my neck of the woods, very rural (close-minded) they get a HUGE chuckle out of this) (Disclaimer: my comments are not to be offensive to anyone reading this. Simply pointing out a fact to my guests that many companys have outsourced their customer service over seas and 'clear' english is often not a service provided. (ie: Dell is the WORST for this).

Ok off my soap box.

If anyone has suggestions on working in 'the story' and better recruiting, I'm all ears.

Also - the booking slide is not always a huge help for getting bookings. Just like anything else, I think it's hard to predict. I have had shows with 5 people at them where 3 booked shows to Friday nights show with over 20 guests and only 1 booking. All depends on the crowd. Best wishes with your slides!

cathyskitchen said:
Can we order this on supply order yet? I made my own, but it's not that "flashy". (I typed the info on paper, put the paper in page protectors, then taped the page protectors together with clear packing tape).

Have you seen this one? I like it better than the one I earned. Thank you to who ever made it.

Attachments

• Bookings Slide.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 786
Melissa, it sounds like you and I have a similar sense of humor! I am having a tough time with my story as well. It would be something like this: I had a FT job and did PC on the side, then I hated my job and decided to quit and open a cafe and still sell PC. It failed, we closed and now I do PC full time because I want to stay home with Mary. The end."

Anne you are too much! lol. I would say for your "story" of how great PC has been. When your cafe closed you still had PC to lean on. and of course about all the friends you get to meet with at your cluster once a month (ME of course) lol

At my last cluster meeting the Exec director said that we should stay away from our "story" and really just jump in...Something like this:

"Welcome to Suzies party, I am so glad you could all come. Watch what I do, if it is something you are interested, then we can talk at the end of the show. If I can do this, you can too".

Not sure how well this actually works- I have yet to recruit anyone, but it sure keeps people interest b/c I am not going on endlessly about how I came to PC.

Someone from HO came out (I honestly can't remember her name right now) & did a little conference for us a couple months back & I got this from her:

Attachments

• Strong Opening.doc
    25 KB · Views: 716
  • Strong Close.doc
    26 KB · Views: 608
By the way if you use our discount at Office Max it's only around $12!

Those are great!

AJPratt said:
Melissa, it sounds like you and I have a similar sense of humor! I am having a tough time with my story as well. It would be something like this: I had a FT job and did PC on the side, then I hated my job and decided to quit and open a cafe and still sell PC. It failed, we closed and now I do PC full time because I want to stay home with Mary. The end."

Anne I hear ya! (ok so I read ya! LOL) If I was to be truthful, my story would go like: "I work FT, am in my 30s, single, and since all of my friends are married and with children I am lifeless so PC gets me off of the couch and puts extra cash in my pocket for the house renovations I want to do on the house I bought in November and also helps to pay off the student loans from my masters degree I finished last year." The end. So uplifting and encouraging to the rest of the real world that actually has a life, a family etc... So I either have to make up a story, skip it, or talk about others and not how PC works for me. :yuck:

I love your story! I haven't really been telling much of a story, just how I came to sell it and tht I love it.

Hope you were being sarcastic b/c I think I have a horrible story hence I skip it all together because I feel most people cannot relate to it. Yours relates to people b/c many people hate their jobs and would love nothing more than to stay home and be a FT mom.

I think more people could relate to your story than you realize! I think there are a lot of people who feel like something is missing, have bills to pay and need to get out, but can't afford to. I think I might just do a Why Bag instead of trying to come up with a story.

Pedey said:
Someone from HO came out (I honestly can't remember her name right now) & did a little conference for us a couple months back & I got this from her:

What is the magic question from closing?

Sorry for the hijack, Amy! Would you expect anything less?

kcmckay said:
What is the magic question from closing?
She didn't say! She actually never shared her close at the meeting - she just included them both for us, so I really have no idea what it is. I liked the opening, though, because in 3 minutes of talking she shared the customer opportunity, the hosting opportunity and the consultant opportunity!

My guess would be "How do I get started!"

It sounds like a great idea!

Yes sorry for the hijack! I did start off rambling about the slide! I had good intentions. Then I just get too chatty. :D

Amy knows that I am way too chatty! She'll get a kick out of our conversation!

Wendy, could you post that bookings slide in word? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

cathyskitchen said:

Hopefully it will be a while before it can be ordered on the Supply Order! Those of us who earned it would be a little miffed if after working hard to get in those two shows, someone could order it at $20 or less! Sorry...that is the way I feel!

The times I have used it, it always gets a big "WOW"! I also used the "Recruiting Side" at a booth a couple of weeks ago. I am talking to the lady about signing and she was very impressed with all the great wording on it that she would "receive" as a Consultant!

pcchefjane said:
Hopefully it will be a while before it can be ordered on the Supply Order! Those of us who earned it would be a little miffed if after working hard to get in those two shows, someone could order it at $20 or less! Sorry...that is the way I feel!

The times I have used it, it always gets a big "WOW"! I also used the "Recruiting Side" at a booth a couple of weeks ago. I am talking to the lady about signing and she was very impressed with all the great wording on it that she would "receive" as a Consultant!

Not to mention the time it took me to make one up!

I made my own booking slide, since I didn't earn one, and it turned out about as nice. I used it at my last show for the first time and everyone literally went "ohhh" when I made it "fall" down to show all the benefits! It grabbed everyone's attention and I got 2 bookings and 2 possible shows.

It's in the Newswire we just got! It is available for $15 on the Supply Order!

pcchefjane said:

That is great is there a picture of it anywhere? I am not sure I have seen what one of these looks like.

pcchefjane said:

I can't get P3 to recognize the code. Anyone else? I tried updating... UGH I wanted one of those!:mad:

I'm having the same problem, Holly. Perhaps the update isn't out yet?

cookie325 said:
I'm having the same problem, Holly. Perhaps the update isn't out yet?

Glad I'm not the only one. I hate when they say limited supply. I get panicked.

Me too!!! I was ready to hit submit before I finished reading the email! LOL!

I like that. Now if I'd just get some BOOKINGS! LOL!

Hi Everyone,
I am pretty new to PC and I am still trying new ideas and would love it if someone could explain what a Slide is to me?

Thanks so much!

Thanks Noora! That is great! It looks like it would be a really good visual for the guests.
Although, I tried to find it on the consultants corner, and because I am in Canada I don't think I have access to that information.
Can anyone help???
=-)

Meigs said:
Thanks Noora! That is great! It looks like it would be a really good visual for the guests.
Although, I tried to find it on the consultants corner, and because I am in Canada I don't think I have access to that information.
Can anyone help???
=-)

I couldn't find it on CC either but did find it in Pampered Partner. I'm about to place a supply order and there's one on there - Booking and Recruiting Slide JR46 $18.00

Hope that helps :)

Thanks Jodi, That really does!!!
=-)

I just found out it works great! I had a party on January 6th and I had never used mine before so... l decided to use it with this group. Now this is group of ladies that normally never has bookings but I got three out of 8 people who were there to book. ranted one is March and two are May and June but hey, they even gave me dates for those! I have another party on the 2nd so I will use it! And yes, I earned mine but hey, it works!

Like many of you I also give away a SB cookbook to the host of the show. However, I pass it around and ask the guests to write a nice note to the host. This way whenever she picks it up to cook in the future she can read the messages left by her friends. They really appreciate it.

Can we still order the booking slide on the supply order?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheryl929
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
2 3
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • caraighan
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
JaimeAnnR