• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Live Shows: See It For Yourself - What To Bring & What to Watch

In summary, the tool that the speaker would not leave home without when going to a show is the Mix N Chop. They also bring a Food Chopper, Forged Cutlery, and a SS Mixing Bowl. They suggest that people see the new collapsible bowl and metal pan. The new product that people need to see in person is the Salad Spinner.
pamperedmomto3
What is the tool that you wouldn't leave home when going to a show? Is there anything in particular that people need to see in person as opposed to the catalog? Please answer for both old and what you think the new item will be that people need to see. Thanks!

I make sure I have the following at every show:
Mix N Chop--I sell at least 5 at every show
Cookware--a piece of Exec and Stainless
A piece of Stoneware
SA Small Bowl caddy with two DIFFERENT bowls (one white, one tiles)--I use it to hold my pens
Forged Cutlery and Cutting Boards
Food Chopper
SS Mixing BowlsThen, based on the recipe I may bring other things, but these are my staples that I incorporate into every show in one way or another.

I just looked at my top sell list. #1 is the Mix N Chop (131) - I talk about this at every show and pass it around for the guests to see. If anyone in the room has it, I have them sell it for me. #4 is the Food Chopper (50) - This one I also bring and talk about at every show. Sort of suprised me to see it so high though! I didn't think I sold that many of them. Of course the ones I always bring and talk about are the stoneware and cookware but apparently they are not as high on my list as I want them to be.

For the new season defidently the collapsible bowl. Everyone I've showed it to so far is very interested in it. I think also the grill basket and the cookware protectors.

Besides the standby of stoneware, cookware, and knives, I always bring a S/S mixing bowl and visually demo it. (I've been averaging 1-2 sets per show since I started including it in my demo).

As for the new stuff, collapsible bowl (for the fun factor) and metal pan. (so they can feel the exceptional quality).

legacypc46 said:
Besides the standby of stoneware, cookware, and knives, I always bring a S/S mixing bowl and visually demo it. (I've been averaging 1-2 sets per show since I started including it in my demo).

As for the new stuff, collapsible bowl (for the fun factor) and metal pan. (so they can feel the exceptional quality).
Way to go on the S/S bowls!

Food Chopper
Stone
Cookware
Forged Cutlery
Mix n Chop
Tomato Knife
Prep Bowls

from the new line I plan to bring the Pinch Bowls, Collapsible Bowl...and I ahave not decided yet what else

Prep Bowls
Forged Santoku
Food Chopper
Large Bar Pan
Mix N Chop
Silicone Basting Brush
Microfiber Towel

I always take a SS bowl instead of a batter bowl, unless I know that I'll need to microwave something in it (like softening cream cheese). People "get" the batter bowls from the pictures and descriptions in the catalog, but they need to see the SS bowls in person. (And who wouldn't rather sell a $50+ item instead of $14?)

I think people need to see the salad choppers to appreciate them. I show them at every show, and sell at least one pair at every show....more when we actually use them at the show. Oh - and the Salad Spinner!

For the new product - definitely bring the Collapsible bowl - every time I pop it out to full size - there are gasps and "Ohhh, I love that!" I am booking like crazy for April - and April is traditionally a hard month for me - I think it's booking well because I am bringing that bowl, and the Salad Spinner with me to shows!

chefann said:
I always take a SS bowl instead of a batter bowl, unless I know that I'll need to microwave something in it (like softening cream cheese). People "get" the batter bowls from the pictures and descriptions in the catalog, but they need to see the SS bowls in person. (And who wouldn't rather sell a $50+ item instead of $14?)

Not to mention the SS bowls are LIGHTER!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

DebbieJ said:
And they nest better together! I hate how the batter bowls don't nest.

I seem to sell alot of the Bamboo spoons and spatulas. They are my top seller right now. But I have only had 5 shows so far.

People show alot of interest in the Chopper though when I use it.

For what it's worth (I'm not a consultant yet!) I would have bought my microplane WAY sooner if I'd been able to try it. I used to loathe zesting, now I practically look for recipes that use zest! Ditto the food chopper. I have a cheap one that I HATE (DH bought it!) and never use, only after trying my MIL's PC one do I "get" why someone would want one!! Now I can't wait to get mine :)

Also, seeing the garlic press being used convinced me that you really can put the clove in un-peeled. Not sure that I would have believed that otherwise. I love mine, because if I touch garlic, my fingers smell for about a week, seriously :yuck: ! So now I can use real garlic, not the jarred stuff - Yay! :)

I LOVE PC... :love:

Anyway, I hope this helps...

For spring the collapsible bowl, salad chopper, salad spinner

I'm not sure what to bring. It seems like I never sell what I talk about and I bring different things all the time.
Okay, that was a whine. It isn't really true, either. It was true today, though. I had some slightly obnoxious know it all's today. Complained about the DCG breaking (true, I've heard) and the MAG being too expensive, had a food chopper from Meijer...whatever!
My sales are usually, and were today, very good. Today, I left the show with almost $600 in sales, and she is still collecting. I let everyone try the FC bread knife, Utility knives and I used the Chef's knife to chop the pecans. Sold none. Sold a ton of bamboo and used it. I didn't really talk a lot about it except for showing the March host special. I'm confused! Seems to be working for me. I had 3 bookings and one recruit lead along with my high sales.
Still working on doing better.

For the knives, I show the Utility Knife and the Santoku. I tell them that the Utility is the "Try Me" piece at $32 - they can get that now, see if they like it, then host a show to get the whole set at 1/2 off. I usually sell about 2-3 per show that way, and one of those usually comes back to me later to book a show! HTH!

My biggest seller is the Mix N' Chop and the Mini Serving Spatula. And after having my first March show today, I think the Grill Basket will be a big seller (I sold 3 today), and there was a lot of interest in the Collapsible Bowl though I only sold 1. It was a $700 day though, so I hope the rest of my shows go this well this month:)

Well, here is my top 10 list ... a little deceptive, however, because I just had a HUGE catalog show with 12 buying guests and my director told me to include the bamboo spreader.)

GP34 7" Serrated Spreader 12
2583 Mix 'N Chop 6
2758 Smooth-Edge Can Opener 5
1077 Kitchen Shears 5
2585 Food Chopper 4
1674 Bamboo Spoon Set 4
GN17 Cookie Press 3
2651 Twixit! Clip Combo Pack 3
2407 Splatter Screen 3
2225 Measure-All® Cup 3

MOST of my shows have been catalog shows so they were bought by people who never saw them in action (but heard about them from the host.) Also, most of these are items I don't even have yet!

That said ... for me the items people should see are the mix and chop, food chopper, measure all cup and utility knife. I also plan to borrow the collapsable bowl and quick stir pitcher for my next party.

The Deep Covered Baker... pretty much sell at least one if not more at every show and book at least one show because of it ... I call it my Pot of Blessing! I almost always do the Pork Tenderloin... but vary it occasionally.

DCB, Food Chopper, Mix N Chop, Mix N Masher, Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup, Slice N Serve and Mini-Serving Spatula...those seem to be among the highest sale items for me. DCB generally for the host, as a half-price item (basically all my February hosts picked one out at 60% off). I also demo the QSP at just about every show, since lemonade is SO easy to put together, and those usually sell to at least half the crowd on the spot after a demo. Everyone loves that they can be used for all kinds of things, including tea, KoolAid, etc.

Think of things that you can bring that are great for the Spring and Summer for example.

Party sticks (sold 4 sets at a party yesterday)
Outdoor plates and tumblers (sold several of these yesterday)
trifle bowl (sold 2 yesterday)
woven round basket (I display it as a tray with a quick stir pitcher)
rectangle basket (I use the approach of using it as a bread basket at BBQs)
BBQ tools
BBQ grill basket (sold 4 at the party yesterday)

Oh don't forget the new metal pans, I sold 5 of those as well, even the stone lovers loved them!

Another benefit of the SS Bowls is that when filled with ice for an ice bucket or to chill beverages they don't sweat.

DebbieJ said:

I sold 4 sets of the cookware protectors at my show today - those ladies were gaga over them!

the scrapers and party sticks were flying last night-

What is a live show with Pampered Chef?

A live show with Pampered Chef is a virtual event where a consultant presents and demonstrates Pampered Chef products and recipes to a group of guests. It is a fun and interactive way to learn about the products and get tips and inspiration for cooking and entertaining.

What should I bring to a live show?

All you need for a live show is a device with internet access, such as a computer, tablet, or smartphone. It is also helpful to have a pen and paper to take notes and jot down any questions you have.

Do I need to purchase anything at a live show?

There is no obligation to purchase anything at a live show. However, if you see products or recipes that you are interested in, you can place an order through the consultant hosting the show.

What can I expect to see at a live show?

At a live show, you can expect to see a variety of Pampered Chef products being used and demonstrated, as well as delicious recipes being prepared. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions and interact with the consultant and other guests.

Can I invite friends and family to a live show?

Absolutely! In fact, the more the merrier. You can invite as many friends and family members as you'd like to join the live show. They will also have the opportunity to learn about Pampered Chef products and recipes, and you can all have fun together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jcsmilez
  • jenf
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
fruit76loop
  • TinasKitchen