• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Checklist for Show-Day Success?

In summary, people often forget to bring certain items to a show, such as tools, food, or paperwork. Some people also find it helpful to print out the recipe ahead of time and go through it step by step, putting every tool on the counter. Some people also bring catalogs, order forms, pens, name tags, recruiting flyers, recipe cards, and door prize slips.
Jilleysue
Silver Member
Does anyone have a checklist they use of stuff to take to shows so they don't forget anything..besides of products?

The biggest help I have found is to pack according to recipe. I print out the recipe, and then go through it step by step, putting every tool on the counter. I don't pack until I have everything out. I find I forget very little this way.

As far as the other stuff you may take to a show, I use portable plastic file boxes for show folders and host packets. They work well for me, and they are always packed and ready to go.

HTH!

I do something similar to Nicole.

I use outlines for my show and my demo portion has the product names in bold and all caps. So I just scan down the paper and get them all together and I'm done!

I also think about the host and guest specials for the current month and the month I'm trying to book and bring those products too.

nikked said:
The biggest help I have found is to pack according to recipe. I print out the recipe, and then go through it step by step, putting every tool on the counter. I don't pack until I have everything out. I find I forget very little this way.

QUOTE]

I do the same! One show I forgot a couple of items :eek: luckily I realized this before the show and it was in town, and my dh was home so he was able to bring the items to me. Now I double check all items for the recipe and go through the recipe every tool not by memory!

I also bring what I consider are must haves in every kitchen. Like can opener so you don't have to worry about anyone cutting themselves on the can (even if you don't have kids I'm sure they come to visit once in a while), scraper because it doesn't melt or stain that's all I can think of off the top of my head at 4 am.

nikked said:

As far as the other stuff you may take to a show, I use portable plastic file boxes for show folders and host packets. They work well for me, and they are always packed and ready to go.

HTH!
I do the same thing! Its easier to know what your bringing that way.

Once I forgot my stoneware bag!!!:eek: Thank god the host had a round stone!!:)

I do the same as everyone else...go through the recipe and pack the items it requires and then add any tools I can cross-sell with each step of the recipe.
Then...i always bring:
catalogs & order forms (at least 10 more than the # of guests she is expecting)
pens
name tags & a sharpie
tri-fold display
laptop
stamp w/ my info so I can stamp their receipt before they leave
registry flyers
recruiting flyers
recipe cards (I try to ask each guest if they would like to book a show and if they're interested in the business opportunity...if they say no i give them a recipe card {with my info label on it} to break that awkward feeling they mat have from saying no)
Door Prize Slips

I keep most of that stuff in my briefcase at all times

Cool Ok..this helps. Thank you

When I started, I was really bad about forgetting things. Now I walk through the recipe mentally as I pack, and that has really cut down on what I forget. But if I do leave something at home, I usually offer an "I'm a Sactter-Brain" sale - 10% off the item I forgot. :)

Do that a couple of times, and you'll remember everything!

I have been doing this 3 years now , i have collected over the years lol two of almost everything, i have the basics in my suv and just leave it all in there and if iam doing a different recipe i will only grab a couple things from my house to bring along extra !

I keep all the paperwork stuff in my briefcase and refill it before each show. I don't have a checklist for these items though I probably should.

For tools, I have a spiral notebook. When I choose a new recipe, I write down all the tools that I'll need. I also include towels and apron on this list and any food (spices, garlic cloves) that I will be providing for that recipe.

When I'm going to use a recipe, I pull out my book and see what I need to pack. As products have changed (come and gone), I make changes to the list as needed.

Jeanine

Here's my checklistI've been using this checklist since I started and it works great. I just go through my recipe/recipes and write down which items I need. I also go over my presentation and mark other items I want to showcase that aren't in the recipes. Then all the info is in one place.

Hope this helps, Linda

Attachments

• KITCHEN SHOW CHECKLIST.doc
    29 KB · Views: 486

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Before Shows...checklist???"

1. What items should I have on my Before Shows checklist?

The items on your Before Shows checklist may vary depending on your specific business needs, but some common items that can be included are: setting up your display, preparing your products, organizing paperwork and order forms, and ensuring you have all necessary supplies such as pens, business cards, and catalogs.

2. How far in advance should I complete my Before Shows checklist?

It is recommended to complete your Before Shows checklist at least 1-2 days before your scheduled show. This will allow you enough time to make any last-minute preparations or address any issues that may arise.

3. Can I customize my Before Shows checklist?

Yes, you can customize your Before Shows checklist to fit your specific needs and preferences. You can add or remove items as necessary to ensure your checklist is tailored to your business and helps you stay organized.

4. Is it necessary to have a Before Shows checklist?

While having a Before Shows checklist is not mandatory, it can greatly benefit your business by helping you stay organized and prepared for each show. It can also help ensure that you don't forget any important tasks or supplies, which can ultimately lead to a more successful and smooth show.

5. How can I access my Before Shows checklist?

You can access your Before Shows checklist through your Pampered Chef consultant account. Simply log in to your account and navigate to the "Shows" section, where you will find the option to view and edit your Before Shows checklist.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • ChefJen2012
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sarahcooker