• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Cakes You Can Make in a Batter Bowl - Jennie's List

In summary, the Spider cake is easy to make and you can decorate it with chocolate frosting and chocolate sprinkles. You use 8 black licorich sticks for the legs.
Jennie4PC
I was wondering if anyone has a list of the types of cake that you can make in the batter bowl i know you can do the doll, volcano and spider cake but im just wondering if anyone can post a few more for me
Thanks a bunch
Jennie

If you slice the cake down the centre vertically, and then lay the cut ends together, you can make a football or easter egg. The small batter bowl makes a good baseball cap or half a softball, soccer ball or basketball.

thanks those are definitly perfect for little boys, but how do you make the half ball since the bowl is kind of odd shaped?

I cut the bottom off to make it flat and then cut a little of what I cut off to round out the top - hope this makes sense!

I'm curious how to make the spider???

Spider cake:) The spider cake is quite easy. You make the cake like you normally would and put it on a simple additions. Than you decorate it with chocolate frosting and than put chocolate sprinkles on it. You use 8 black licorich sticks for the legs. Make sure you put toothpicks in one of the ends and stick the other in the cake. And use gummy drops for the eyes. And you have yourself a spider. Oh so cute! I hope that this helped you out!
deb :)

Last edited:
Don't forget the Baked Alaska Cake from the Fall/Winter 2004 Celebrations Shows! That is an awesome cake and super easy. :)

I have a handout that I give customers who want to know what types of cakes you can make with the batter bowl. The handout was given to me by my director but I believe it was originally put together by Cathy Bates. I cut and pasted a couple of the ideas below.

Flower Pot Cake
Bake a 1 or 2-Qt. Batter Bowl cake. Make a batch of Rice Krispy treats and cut out flower shapes with the Scalloped Bread Tube. Place a gumdrop into the center of each with a toothpick. Place each “flower” on a long skewer and poke them in the top of the cake. Looks like a flowerpot with flowers!! You can decorate the cake any way you want. Variation: Put crushed cookies on top to look like dirt and add gummy worms!
Graduation Cake - Put a piece of cardboard on top of the cake and decorate it like a graduation cap.

Easter Basket Cake
Make a Batter Bowl Cake using only 1 cake mix and adding only half of the water the mix calls for. This needs to be an almost dense cake for this one. Place Batter Bowl cake with small end on the plate. Decorate cake like a basket, frosting with cocoa frosting, etc…..you can really go crazy and do a basket weave pattern all around the sides with the half-shell tip. Put a new pipe cleaner into a new straw and bend for the handle, inserting ends deep into the top of the cake. Frost the top with green frosting and sprinkle some green-tinted coconut on top of that. Then you can finish it off by putting some wrapped chocolate eggs on top of the “grass”.

Noah’s Ark Cake
Bake cake in 2-Qt. Batter Bowl. Set cake on platter just as it came out of the bowl. Frost with brown frosting and decorate with small animals, Bible figures. Tint coconut with blue food coloring for water around bottom of cake. You can also make a rainbow out of construction paper or poster board.

“Over the Hill” Cake - Cut Batter Bowl cake in half and lay smaller ends touching. Decorate like an hourglass and a sign next to it to the effect of “Time is running out!”

deb313 said:
:) The spider cake is quite easy. You make the cake like you normally would and put it on a simple additions. Than you decorate it with chocolate frosting and than put chocolate sprinkles on it. You use 8 black licorich sticks for the legs. Make sure you put toothpicks in one of the ends and stick the other in the cake. And use gummy drops for the eyes. And you have yourself a spider. Oh so cute! I hope that this helped you out!
deb :)

Deb I am definately going to make this for my kid halloween party. How do you make the cake? Is it just a normal 1 box chocolate cake mix and mix like normal & put into oven?

1. How do I make a creative cake in a batter bowl?

To make a creative cake in a batter bowl, you will need a batter bowl, cake mix, eggs, oil, and any additional ingredients for your desired flavor. Preheat your oven according to the cake mix instructions and mix the ingredients in the batter bowl until well combined. Pour the batter into the greased batter bowl and bake according to the cake mix instructions. Once done, let the cake cool before removing it from the batter bowl.

2. Can I use any batter bowl to make a creative cake?

Yes, you can use any batter bowl to make a creative cake. However, it is recommended to use a glass or ceramic batter bowl as they provide even heat distribution and are safe to use in the oven.

3. What types of cakes can I make in a batter bowl?

You can make a variety of cakes in a batter bowl, including chocolate, vanilla, lemon, carrot, and red velvet. You can also get creative and try making a marble cake or adding in mix-ins like chocolate chips or nuts.

4. How do I prevent the cake from sticking to the batter bowl?

To prevent the cake from sticking to the batter bowl, make sure to thoroughly grease the bowl with butter or cooking spray before pouring in the batter. You can also dust the greased bowl with flour for added insurance.

5. Can I use a batter bowl to make other desserts besides cakes?

Yes, you can use a batter bowl to make a variety of desserts, such as brownies, cobblers, and even cheesecake. Just make sure to adjust the baking time and temperature accordingly for the specific dessert you are making.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ivykeep
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ejleinenbach
  • Humble Beginnings
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Deb11
  • Brenda Rutko