• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Barbie Cake Inspiration: Show Me Your Batter Bowl Creations!

In summary, a "Barbie Cake" is a type of cake shaped like a dress with a Barbie doll sticking out of the top. To make one, bake a cake in a bowl or dome-shaped pan, cut a hole in the middle for the doll, and decorate with frosting or fondant. Any type of cake mix can be used, but denser cakes work best. A special pan is not necessary, and a regular cake pan can be used with some carving. Using a real Barbie doll is not recommended, and a specifically designed doll or wrapped regular doll should be used. A Pampered Chef batter bowl can be used in various ways to decorate the cake.
Pampered in Ottawa
Hello everyone! Does anyone have a picture of a Barbie cake they made in the classic batter bowl? I am a visual person and would like to make one for my daughter's upcoming Birthday! Thanks!:eek:

If you do a search on barbie in the files section you will find 2 different pictures of the barbie cake. HTH

I made one for my daughter's b-day this month; but forgot my digital camera! My dad too a pic; I can see if he can email it to me...

I made that bride cake above and it's actually the recipe for the Baked Alaska Cake with the doll stuck in it. :) Just this past weekend it was my daughter's 2nd birthday so I made a barbie cake for that. There is a recipe for it in one of the cookbooks (the Celebrate one??) and that comes with the Classic Batter Bowl, but I think it the Baked Alaska cake is easier. I'll try to attach a picture of the cake I just made this weekend. It was a hit!!!

Bummer, I can't attach it...it's too big and I don't know how to shrink it. If anyone would like to see it, feel free to email me and I can send it in an email.

That is a cool one! I never thought about putting it on another cake as a pedistal!!

here are some of the barbie cakes that I have collected over the years

Attachments

• 4cec.jpg
    4cec.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 450
  • 5aaf.jpg
    5aaf.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 396
  • 283a.jpg
    283a.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 500
  • 950e.jpg
    950e.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 453
  • 9267.jpg
    9267.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 419

1. What is a "Barbie Cake" and how do I make one?

A "Barbie Cake" is a type of cake that is shaped like a dress with a Barbie doll sticking out of the top, creating the illusion that the doll is wearing the cake as a dress. To make one, you will need to bake a cake in a bowl or dome-shaped pan, then cut a hole in the middle for the Barbie doll to fit in. You can decorate the cake to look like a dress using frosting, fondant, or other decorative elements.

2. Can I use any type of cake mix to make a "Barbie Cake"?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix to make a "Barbie Cake." However, keep in mind that denser cakes, such as pound cake, will hold the shape of the dress better than lighter cakes like angel food cake. You can also use homemade cake batter, just make sure it is thick enough to hold its shape when baked.

3. Do I need a special pan to make a "Barbie Cake"?

No, you do not need a special pan to make a "Barbie Cake." You can use any bowl or dome-shaped pan that is oven-safe. If you don't have a pan that is the right size, you can also use a regular cake pan and carve the cake into a dome shape after it has cooled.

4. Can I use a real Barbie doll in my "Barbie Cake"?

No, it is not recommended to use a real Barbie doll in your "Barbie Cake." The doll's plastic could melt or release harmful chemicals into the cake when baked. Instead, use a Barbie doll specifically designed for use in cakes, or wrap the bottom half of a regular Barbie doll in plastic wrap before inserting it into the cake.

5. How can I decorate my "Barbie Cake" with a Pampered Chef batter bowl?

There are many ways to decorate a "Barbie Cake" using a Pampered Chef batter bowl. You can use the batter bowl as the base of the cake, with the dome-shaped top as the skirt of the dress. You can also use the batter bowl to make a smaller cake that sits on top of a larger cake, creating a tiered dress effect. Be creative and have fun with it!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
islandgurlchef
  • J.Corley
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchefkristin
  • kimdeb