• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Depositing Checks: Do I Need a Stamp?

I use a stamp for deposit only with my account number on it. I have never needed a signature. I use a stamp that I got from the bank I used to work for. I have never needed an account number on the back of the check. I have never had a check returned because the person who wrote the check had online banking. When I deposit a check, I only sign my name and it saves me time and money.
smspamperedchef
Silver Member
I go to the bank alot and usually have a ton of checks to deposit. I've been thinking about getting a self inking stamp that maybe says for deposit only. Any ideas on what banks normally require? Should I get a signature stamp? Who uses a stamp for depositing and what do you do? I'm just wondering if I need to get one for deposit only with my acct # on it as well or a signature stamp. I just want to save some time. My name is really long. Where are good places to get this stamp as well? TIA! :)

If I have a couple checks, I just sign them. If I have over 10, they will either have me sign one of them or they will just stamp them themselves. Saves me time and money! Ask you bank what they would like.

I use a Deposit Only stamp for all my checks. I bought it off the shelf at Office Max. You don't need to have your account number on it.

I personally do not put my account number on the check for the sole reason that some people get their checks returned as well as can see them front/back with online banking. It's just better not to put your account number out there if you can avoid it.

The bank I worked for only required account numbers on the back and a signature if you were cashing the check or if there was a requirement due to type of check (ex. goverment or insurance)
And we did have a endorsement stamp that we used a ton, some customers flat out refused to sign their checks. :)

good luck ! I think a "For Deposit Only" stamp is a great idea.

Last edited:
It all depends on the banks policy as far as the signature or account number. I've worked for several and each of them had different policies. Some required a signature on all checks and then others required a signature if you're getting cash back.
When working for a bank that required the account # on the back of the check, if a customer refused to put the account number on the check, we'd have to put it on it once they left. Another institution printed it directly on the back as part of the transaction... I guess it all depends on how comfortable you are with putting your acct # on the back.

yeah, my bank usually wants me to sign and also write acct # on back. I didn't realize it until I realized they had been doing it for me so I felt bad and started writing it. Bothers me now when you said if a check is returned they have it. Even if it's not returned if the person wrote the check has online banking they can usually see the front/back of checks too. HMMM
Where do ya'll get your stamps if you use them?

I know with Navy Fed. when I deposit, I only sign my name and thats it. I also sperate my checks (NFCU in one pile & others in another pile) as they have to 'cash' NFCU first then deposit it (weird I know). But they also like for me to have a total of each pile so that we can compare. Its been a huge help and only 2 mins of extra work.

Of course I pampered them but no orders! LOL Oh well at least I get good service!!

For my bank it's for deposit only w/ my acct. #. They write it on, when I sign.I used one of the free stamps from vista, last time I put an order in.

I ordered a stamp thru Vista Print for this very reason. It says:

For Deposit Only
Acct # XXXX

Simple and sweet.....I have that long name thing going on also!

Oh, if you order thru them, choose the cheapest shipping. It only took my about 10 days to arrive, not the 21 they say it would.

I have one and love it! It does have my act# on it.

jwpamp said:
I ordered a stamp thru Vista Print for this very reason. It says:

For Deposit Only
Acct # XXXX

Simple and sweet.....I have that long name thing going on also!

Oh, if you order thru them, choose the cheapest shipping. It only took my about 10 days to arrive, not the 21 they say it would.

I did the same thing....Vista print, small stamp, "for deposit only" with my name and acct number. LOVE , LOVE, LOVE IT!

did I mention I love it!

chefmeg said:
I did the same thing....Vista print, small stamp, "for deposit only" with my name and acct number. LOVE , LOVE, LOVE IT!

did I mention I love it!

I hadn't thought of doing this!

Shoot! Now I HAVE to place another Vista order!:grumpy: :D :D

For those of you worried about your account number being on the back of the check, keep in mind it's also on the front of any check you write. It would take someone more than just knowing your account number to actually be able to access the account.

Just a thought-

Sarah

If you don't have anything to get through Vista, or can't find a FREE one there...here is another option: TheStampMan.com Cheapest I have found other than Vista!

Mine has For Deposit only, then my acct number. My bank wanted it that way. They get pretty cranky otherwise...:eek:

KellyTheChef said:
If you don't have anything to get through Vista, or can't find a FREE one there...here is another option: TheStampMan.com Cheapest I have found other than Vista!Mine has For Deposit only, then my acct number. My bank wanted it that way. They get pretty cranky otherwise...:eek:
How could that be?There is ALWAYS something to get from Vista!:Deta - and Kelly, I've mentioned this before - but Micah really enjoys watching your baby grow! He is fascinated by your timeline! We are watching it together!

Ok, I have to ask, what does eta mean? I only know it as 'estimated time of arrival,' which might be appropriate for Kelly's timeline, lol, but I don't think this is how you all are using it.

Sarah

pampchefsarah said:
Ok, I have to ask, what does eta mean? I only know it as 'estimated time of arrival,' which might be appropriate for Kelly's timeline, lol, but I don't think this is how you all are using it.

Sarah

Edited To Add....

ChefBeckyD said:
How could that be?

There is ALWAYS something to get from Vista!:D

eta - and Kelly, I've mentioned this before - but Micah really enjoys watching your baby grow! He is fascinated by your timeline! We are watching it together!
Tell him that I said HI, and that it officially changes on Fridays! I am officially 19 weeks today!
We (hopefully) find out if it's a girl or a boy on THURSDAY!!!!

I just got one through my bank for about $8-10. You might check there.

I think I may have to get me one of these!!

I also got mine from Vista Print for Free.. it has For Deposit only and my Account #. I love it!

http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/multistamps.aspx?mk=Self+Inking+Stamp&ad=broad&GP=6%2F20%2F2008+9%3A27%3A16+AM

On sale for $3.74!

BTW---looks like thestampman is closed down...I never had a problem (ordered probably 3-4 times over 5 years) but others did!

ETA- I got this link for a free one from Vista today...give it a try!
FREE RUBBER STAMPS
ORDER NOW!
1 FREE : http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/gatewa...lery.aspx?path_id=19&pf_id=269&gallery_id=119

ChefBeckyD said:
eta - and Kelly, I've mentioned this before - but Micah really enjoys watching your baby grow! He is fascinated by your timeline! We are watching it together!

I hope you aren't reading the fine print to him!! TOO FUNNY. :D

My bank just told me to go ahead and use the Pampered Chef stamp I got last year from Merrill. It has the PC logo and my contact info , so I don't need a separate one for checks.

I have one that has my name, "For Deposit Only" and my account number. I bought it from Wal-Mart & made it. I didn't want to have to get a new stamp if I changed bank accounts.

For those concerned about the account # being on the check... Have you ever looked at the back of your checks when you look at online banking? More often than not, the bank will print the account # as part of the transaction.

chefjeanine said:
I hope you aren't reading the fine print to him!! TOO FUNNY. :D
LOL - noooo...I don't want to explain about Margaritas yet.....:D :D :D
And I believe there was one that made reference to parts of her anatomy other than her tummy getting larger....

I have a nice story to go with my decision to buy a stamp with my name and acct. number on it. The gal who took my order called me the next day and said she would like to have a Pampered Chef party. Hers led to a second party by her future Mother in Law. Both were over $700 parties. It just just at the time of my one year anniversary, and I hit the $15,000. in sales with the Mother-in-laws party! Neither have rebooked but I keep in touch, still hoping. You might say that my stamp more than paid for itself!

1. Do I need a stamp to deposit a check with Pampered Chef?

Yes, you will need a stamp to deposit a check with Pampered Chef. We recommend using a first-class stamp for standard mail.

2. Can I deposit a check without a stamp?

No, a stamp is required to deposit a check with Pampered Chef. If you do not have a stamp, you can purchase one at your local post office or use online postage services.

3. How much postage do I need to deposit a check?

The amount of postage you need will depend on the weight of your envelope and the mailing location. We recommend using a first-class stamp for standard mail.

4. Can I use a stamp from a different country to deposit a check with Pampered Chef?

No, we only accept postage from the United States Postal Service for check deposits. Please make sure to use a first-class stamp for standard mail.

5. Can I deposit a check without a stamp if I am using a postage meter?

Yes, if you have a postage meter, you do not need to use a stamp to deposit a check with Pampered Chef. Please make sure to include the correct amount of postage on your envelope.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
KellyRedHead
Replies
Views
Rebeccascabinet
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa LM