• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Other Layers Can I Add to My Banana Pudding Trifle?

In summary, Sandra is developing a Banana Pudding trifle. She is having trouble deciding what to put in the third layer and is wondering if anyone has any suggestions. The trifle was a big success at Sandra's party and she put nuts and chocolate chips in the banana bread, layered banana pudding, cool whip, and sliced bananas. When she was done, she put a ring of sliced bananas on the outside and inside portions, and sprinkled caramel and chocolate chips on top.
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
My mom's birthday is on Monday and I would like to have a second dessert besides the b-day cake. I am developing a Banana Pudding trifle. I thought I'd have banana bread as the "cake" base then have banana pudding as the filling with sliced bananas, but I think there should be a 3rd layer and I'm stuck as to what to put in there. Any suggestions?

I know you guys will come through for me!

Caramel Sprinkles mixed with chopped walnuts and mini chocolate chips!

What about a layer of Cool Whip? Nuts would also be good!

Banana bread is pretty moist, but do you think I should add a wet layer? Pudding is pretty wet, but not like lime sherbet (Lime-Berry Trifle) or juice from strawberries, blueberries or raspberries. I guess I'm afraid of it being too dry. I don't want it bread pudding consistency, but not falling apart dry either. You know what I'm saying?

When I do brownies with pudding and cool whip and let it sit a while, it's plenty moist.

If you make it up in advance freeze it as you go then it won't get too mushy although I am not too sure how pudding freezes.

Cool Whip and pecans.

I think I would stick with the nut in the bread first if no nut in the banana bread then go for the pecans. ;)

Okay, the party was today and the Banana Bread Pudding Trifle was a big hit! I put nuts and chocolate chips in the banana bread. Then layered with banana pudding, cool whip, sliced bananas till I got to the top. I finished with cool whip then put a ring of sliced bananas on the outer rim. On the inside portion I put some Caramel Sprinkles and choco chips.

Yummy
Chef Kearns said:
Okay, the party was today and the Banana Bread Pudding Trifle was a big hit! I put nuts and chocolate chips in the banana bread. Then layered with banana pudding, cool whip, sliced bananas till I got to the top. I finished with cool whip then put a ring of sliced bananas on the outer rim. On the inside portion I put some Caramel Sprinkles and choco chips.

Sandra,
That sounds fantastic!! I look forward to trying that as a church dessert. Thanks for the recipe.

Debbie :D

What ingredients are needed to make Banana Pudding (Bread) Trifle?

To make Banana Pudding (Bread) Trifle, you will need:

• 1 loaf of banana bread
  • 2 packages of instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 4 cups of milk
  • 1 container of whipped topping
  • 3-4 ripe bananas
  • 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (optional)

Can I use a different type of bread for this trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of bread for this trifle, but banana bread is recommended for the best flavor combination.

How long does this trifle need to chill before serving?

It is recommended to chill the trifle for at least 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld together. However, it can also be served immediately if desired.

Can I make this trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this trifle ahead of time. It is best to assemble the trifle no more than 24 hours before serving to ensure the bread does not become too soggy.

Can I use fresh bananas instead of instant pudding mix?

Yes, you can use fresh bananas instead of instant pudding mix. Simply slice the bananas and layer them in between the bread and whipped topping layers. However, the pudding mix adds a creamy and flavorful element to the trifle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beepampered
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sburnside
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Aunticooks
  • otisbg