• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baking Bowl: What Is It and What Can Be Used in Its Place?

In summary, a baking bowl is a kitchen tool used for mixing and preparing ingredients for baking. It can be made of glass, ceramic, or metal and has a wide bottom and tall sides to contain ingredients while mixing. If a baking bowl is not available, a large mixing bowl or saucepan can be used as a substitute. The benefits of using a baking bowl include easier mixing and less mess compared to using a regular mixing bowl or saucepan. Most baking bowls are also oven-safe, but it is important to check the manufacturer's instructions. After use, a baking bowl can be washed by hand or in the dishwasher and should be stored in a dry, cool place to prevent damage.
tabbycat52
HI- I was looking through some old "favorites recipe books & some recipes mentioned a Baking Bowl.
Can anyone tell me what that is or what current product could be used in place of that?

It was a large stoneware bowl, sized to be used as a lid with the Deep Dish Baker (or vise-versa). You can probably substitute the DCB, unless it's for the bread bowl, which used the OUTSIDE of the baking bowl.

Thank you so much for the explanation.
Have a great day.

I just had one of my customers ask me about this as well. She said she received one from her MIL last year and wondered if it could be used with the recipes for our Deep Covered Baker. It was before my time. Is it microwave safe and can it be used in the same way as the DCB?

All our stoneware is microwave safe. The issue with the Stoneware Baking Bowl is that it's pretty big, and won't fit in many microwaves.There was also a Mini Bowl that fit with an unglazed mini baker to make a covered roaster. That one would be size-friendly to most microwaves.

I have the bowl and love it

What is a baking bowl?

A baking bowl is a type of kitchen tool used for mixing and preparing ingredients for baking. It is typically made of glass, ceramic, or metal and has a wide bottom and tall sides to contain the ingredients while mixing.

What can be used in place of a baking bowl?

If you do not have a baking bowl, you can use a large mixing bowl or a saucepan as a substitute. Just make sure it is big enough to hold all of your ingredients and has tall sides to prevent spills.

What are the benefits of using a baking bowl?

Using a baking bowl allows for easier mixing and less mess compared to using a regular mixing bowl or saucepan. The tall sides prevent ingredients from splattering out while mixing and the wide bottom provides ample space for thorough mixing.

Can a baking bowl be used in the oven?

Yes, most baking bowls are oven-safe and can be used to bake cakes, casseroles, and other dishes. However, it is important to check the manufacturer's instructions before placing the bowl in the oven.

How should a baking bowl be cleaned and stored?

A baking bowl can be washed by hand with warm soapy water or in the dishwasher. It is important to dry it thoroughly before storing to prevent any bacteria growth. Baking bowls should be stored in a dry, cool place to prevent any damage to the material.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jigsmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • chefheidi2003
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • vick