• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bacon in the Bar Pan: Time & Temp Tips

In summary, you can cook bacon in a bar pan without parchment paper. Just cook it at a high temperature for a long time.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Can someone send me or post the specifics on doing bacon in the bar pan?
I have someone who is anxious to use hers for this purpose. I know it's suggested to use parchment paper but is it a "have to" thing? I need to know time and temp. Thanks!!!!!!

Parchment paper is not necessary, just a convenience for cleaning. ;)
I lay out a pound of bacon slightly overlapping side-by-side along the entire bar pan. I cook it in a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes. Time will depend on how she likes her bacon, but this should give you a general idea. HTH!
Jen

I did it for years w/o parchment paper - recently have tried it w/ parchment - and find it easier w/o. The parchment soaks up a bit of the grease - but you still end up with grease in the pan....and having to get the dripping mess of parchment out of the pan and into the garbage also.
I do mine at 425 for about 22 minutes.

I tried this for the first time recently.. I dont even remember the temp or time b/c I was checking it alot.. but the bacon was awesome. So nice to not have that splatter burn your forearm! loved it!

I have got to try this. I bet it is awesome for seasoning your stone too with all that grease.

jrstephens said:
I have got to try this. I bet it is awesome for seasoning your stone too with all that grease.

Years ago I always seasoned stones with Bacon grease and it did a great job although I'm not sure if there was any "bacon-taste" on baked goods and things after doing this as its been about 10 years since I did this.

My family NEVER got bacon until I started doing it on my bar pan! It's awesome and the bacon stays flat so it's great for sandwiches.

My DH made bacon last night in the saute pan (on the stove top) - the house still reeks of bacon grease smell. I'm not going to complain - he made supper while I kept cleaning the basement...never complain when someone else figures out what to have to eat AND makes it all!:) :p :) I love using the bar pan for bacon - I usually do it for 30 min at 350 - but end up leaving it in longer...I think I would crank up the heat and try 30 min again. It all really depends on how you like your bacon chewy or crispy!

We only make bacon in oursAnd I cook it at 400 for 20-30 minutes until crisp.

For my family I use both the large and medium bar pans (at one time) 400 degrees for 24 minutes. Always perfect! Sometimes I have this cooking at my shows when guests arrive - I've sold tons of bar pans since I started doing that.

Another tip re: bacon in the bar pan
If I have a recipe that calls for 6 or so slices of bacon (like the Club House Chicken Squares), I do the bacon in the small bar pan in the microwave. It still cooks evenly and comes out flat. I do the bacon in the microwave a lot, because I'm usually only making a few slices at a time. Just thought I would share..... :p

I love cooking bacon in the bar pan I will have to try it in the microwave how long do you cook it for??

Am I the only one who DOESN'T like bacon done in the SBP? I think it tastes like it has soaked up the grease. I have tried it at a lower (350) and higher temp (425) and got the same taste to it.

Too bad, since it is WAY easier to clean up!

Please tell me I am not the only one!
:D

I made a big breakfast for my in-laws this weekend and used the bar pan for the bacon. They were really impressed with it. I try to never pan fry it anymore. I have been promoting stoneware at my shows with my 'bacon story'. So far, I haven't sold any but surely I will!

KellyTheChef said:
Am I the only one who DOESN'T like bacon done in the SBP? I think it tastes like it has soaked up the grease. I have tried it at a lower (350) and higher temp (425) and got the same taste to it.

What don't you like about it? If it is the taste, try another brand of bacon.

I don't have a problem with the grease because when the bacon is done I remove it from the bar pan and place it on a serving plate with a paper towel under the bacon.

lkspeir said:
I don't have a problem with the grease because when the bacon is done I remove it from the bar pan and place it on a serving plate with a paper towel under the bacon.
That is what I do... as soon as I take it out of the oven, I transfer the bacon to a plate, with paper towels ready.. then place paper towels on top.. and squeeze a little bit to make sure I get it all... so much easier than stovetop.. And my family is amazed.. I have sold several stones b/c of the bacon..:)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE making bacon on my bar pan. I make sure to share that tip at all of my shows. We eat alot of bacon at my house and its so nice to not have to cook it on the stovetop anymore!

After I tell my guests about bacon in the oven and how awesome it seasons their stoneware I make sure to tell them it is the PERFECT way to season their stoneware muffin pans! A couple breakfasts with curly bacon and they will not have a problem with anything sticking in their muffin pan!
Plus I know my kids love when I go the extra mile during a meal and they LOVE curly bacon!! LOL

Eric that is such a cute idea! I never would have thought of that!

Not to rain on your parade, but the home office does not recommed making bacon on the bar pan. I have never tried it, but I have been tempted to do it.

The HO does not recommend it??? Then WHY OH WHY would it be on one of the training CDS??? The consultant talking about stoneware on the Selling Product Collections CD talks about it.

Does HO say WHY they don't recommend it?

I just did bacon on my bar pan tonight!! In fact, my recruiter talked about it and that's what sold my in laws on purchasing it!:D

mom2leelee said:
Eric that is such a cute idea! I never would have thought of that!

EriN...sorry my dh name is Eric so I'm used to writing that..lol.

mom2leelee said:
EriN...sorry my dh name is Eric so I'm used to writing that..lol.

That is ok....my parents have called me Eric and Ryan (my brother's names) for years!! :D

KellyTheChef said:

Okay, so I tell everyone about cooking bacon in the bar pan, but that's not what I do at home. I also don't like it sitting in the grease while it cooks. I have been cooking my bacon in oven for the past couple of years, though. Here's what I do. I put a steel cooling rack (not PC) in a sheet pan (anything that is big enough and has at least 1/2 inch sides). I place the bacon on the cooling rack, and the grease all drips into the pan. Perfect bacon! Put parchment on the pan, and cleanup is even easier.

I LOVE bacon in the bar pan!! 425 for 18-22 minutes. AWESOME & easy!

I have got to try this!! Getting bacon when I buy groceries this week.

What temp do I cook it on? I know it is here somewhere but I am too lazy to look it up today.

i used to do this in collage .. the heating instructions are on the package of bacon..that's how i got the idea... haven't done it with stoneware hubby's a veg. so i've been living meatless for a while.. this post makes me want some :p

Get the medium bar pan for yourself and go make friends with a neighbor. That way your hubby doesn't have to live in the bacon smell...although it is quite yummy!

Wonder why HO suggests not doing bacon???

I think it turned out wonderfully (just did it, I hate to cook bacon)...cute idea about the bacon in the muffin pan, you could probably do it in the mini loaf pan too.

I do the same thing, but I tell my customers about the rack, in case they want to have "drier" bacon!

Ann

I learned about doing bacon in the bar pan from the HO cd - "Selling Product Selections"!!

If you recommend to your customers that they use a rack, please please PLEASE tell them that the PC cooling rack is NOT oven safe. There are little parts on it that are plastic and will melt. The DH of one of my hosts used their rack in the oven and ruined it.

WILTED SPINACH SALAD in new SB.....
jmabner said:
Not to rain on your parade, but the home office does not recommed making bacon on the bar pan. I have never tried it, but I have been tempted to do it.
UMMM, I don't know where this came from about HO not recommending it, but this recipe in the new Season's Best has it in the instructions!;) 400F for 22-25 minutes.....

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bridgetbakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
debbie mc
  • PamperedSheep
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kaseydee
Replies