August Guest Special

Discussion in 'Increasing Sales' started by AlowayFamily, Jun 27, 2011.

1. AlowayFamily

AlowayFamily Gold Member

The August guest special has the grill pan/press/scraper and recipe collection guests can order for $149. Will this total go toward the total sales for the show, and the host sales for free product? I am assuming yes, but since it is a special, I am not sure how it will be figured.

What do you all think?

2. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Gold Member

Yes. The total a guest pays always goes toward the show total. Only the past host special ordered by the past host doesn't count toward a show qualifying.

3. raebates

raebates CS Leader Staff Member

Yes, it does. However, that can't be the way a host gets to that first $150 in sales. For instance, if Patty Past-host orders the grill pan special, and Helen Host has only $50 in additional sales, it won't count as a show. However, IF Helen Host has $260 in sales and Patty Past-host then orders the grill pan special, that show is now at over $400 in sales.

Remember, too, that the past host special does not count toward commissionable sales. I believe that's part of why that rule went into effect. In past seasons there have been consultants to came away from a show with $0 in commissionable sales because the whole show was cookware purchased through the past-host special.

4. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Gold Member

I don't think that is correct. I'll attach the flyer from HO. I don't see anything on there saying it doesn't qualify toward the $150 minimum show. The only thing that doesn't count toward that first $150 is the past host 60% off benefit. Unless I missed something...

Attached Files:

5. otisbg

otisbg Gold Member

I agree Beth - it is simply a "bundle" offer just as we had the DCB offer earlier in the year. There is no stipulations as to sales amount.:D

6. raebates

raebates CS Leader Staff Member

My bad. I was thinking of the Past Host Special. (Which is why I kept saying "Past Host Special." I had the right answer to the wrong question. LOL!) Yes, the Guest Special is like anything else a guest orders--part of the Guest Sales and Commissionable Sales.

I forgot completely about the fantastic deal they're offering guests. I'm still thinking June and July.