• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ask the Consultant: Cooking Tips, Knife Sharpening, and Produce Storage

In summary, the host is suggesting a new idea for guests to ask for cooking tips, techniques, and problems to a consultant. Some specific questions that have been asked so far include the best way to drain oil off hamburger, sharpen knives and tips for using them, and storing produce. The poster is also seeking advice from the community and has shared their own methods for draining grease and storing food. Suggestions for products to aid in these tasks have also been given. Additionally, there is a discussion on the best way to hone knives and use them safely while cooking. However, it is suggested to limit questions to the products themselves.
byrd1956
Gold Member
I have a host that thinks it will be great to have guests 'ask the consultant'. They are to ask for
cooking tips, techniques or problems that they would want to ask about. So far:
1. What's the best way to drain oil off hamburger in a skillet?
2. How is the best way to sharpen knives along with tips and skills on how to use them in everyday fruit and vegetable chopping?
3. What is the best way to store produce so it won't go bad so quickly. They have read tips on Pinterest but they're all different for each type of food so she was wondering if PC had
something simple that would work across the board?I am definitely not a good tip person, so I am coming to the cs experts. I actually use a colander to drain grease and soak it up with paper towels. I have never sharpened a knife and I am no expert at chopping things~always been impressed when I see people that can do that with finesse! As far as storage goes I have also used some of those Pinterest suggestions, but would love to have suggestions that work. Can anyone out there help?

Thanks for posting! I'm sorry you haven't received any responses thus far. Do you have any additional information or can you rephrase your post to make it clearer?

I don't have anything extra to add. I guess no one has any words of wisdom for me. Bummer.

How about Magic Mop Item Number 2568 or Baster & Cleaning Brush Item Number 1665 for getting oil out of the pan without clogging your drain?

For the storage question, it so depends on the food. For storing most leftovers the Leakproof Glass Containers are excellent. However, for storing fresh greens the Salad Spinner is a must-have. It's also perfect for removing the water before freezing berries.Honing knives is better than sharpening them. It makes it feel sharper without removing any of the metal. For knife use, hold the knife with your thumb and forefinger on the blade, just before the bolster (where the handle joins the blade), and the rest of your fingers on the blade. Curl under the fingers on the hand holding the foods. This way the blade won't accidentally come down on your fingers. I love the "ask the consultant" idea, but I would suggest confining it to questions about the products themselves.

I love turning questions I don't have a good answer to back on the guests. It gets them chatting andhelps them enjoy their time together.

1. What is "Ask the Consultant"?

"Ask the Consultant" is a service provided by Pampered Chef where customers can ask questions and receive advice from a trained consultant about our products, recipes, and cooking tips.

2. How do I access "Ask the Consultant"?

You can access "Ask the Consultant" by clicking on the "Contact" tab on our website and selecting the option for "Ask the Consultant". You can also reach out to your personal consultant for assistance.

3. Is there a fee for using "Ask the Consultant"?

No, there is no fee for using "Ask the Consultant". It is a complimentary service provided for our customers to help enhance their overall Pampered Chef experience.

4. Can I ask any type of question through "Ask the Consultant"?

Yes, you can ask any question related to Pampered Chef products, recipes, and cooking tips through "Ask the Consultant". Our trained consultants are knowledgeable and happy to assist with any inquiries you may have.

5. Can I expect a quick response from "Ask the Consultant"?

Our goal is to respond to all "Ask the Consultant" inquiries within 24 hours during business days. However, response times may vary depending on the volume of inquiries we receive. We appreciate your patience and will do our best to assist you as soon as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
kam
  • Leigh0725
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pchefkristin