Asian Seasoning Substitute

Discussion in 'Recipes and Tips' started by tpchefrebecca, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does anyone know if there is a substitute for the Asian Seasoning Mix?

I just did a show with the lettuce rolls from "All the Best" and they were great! The only sad part is we cannot order the seasoning anymore :(

2. rwesterpchef

rwesterpchef

From our Feb 8 and July 5 edition of Weekly Bites:
    (From July 5):
    Several popular recipes in The Pampered Chef collection use Pantry seasoning mixes that have been discontinued. The following substitutions may be used in place of these recipe ingredients:

From the Super Salads Recipe Card Collection:
    •Buffalo Chicken Salad: Substitute Cajun seasoning for the Pantry Cajun Herb Seasoning Mix.
    •Chilled Seafood Salad: Substitute 1 tablespoon of Pantry All-Purpose Dill Mix for the Pantry Picnic Salad Seasoning Mix.
    •Dazzling Dressings, Chunky Blue Cheese: Omit Pantry Picnic Salad Seasoning Mix. Decrease milk to 1/4 cup. Increase blue cheese to 1/3 cup.
    From the Season's Best Recipe Collection (Spring/Summer 2005):
    •Asian-Style Wontons: Omit Pantry Asian Seasoning Mix. Add one small garlic clove, pressed, and 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce, to chicken mixture. Proceed as recipe directs.

(from Feb 8th):
    Please note that there is an error in the Asian-Style Wontons recipe on page 7. The recipe calls for Asian Seasoning Mix, although The Pampered Chef no longer offers this Pantry item. Substitute one small garlic clove, pressed, and 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce. Proceed as recipe directs. We apologize for any inconvenience.

I can only guess you could substitute for lettuce rolls also.

3. Great!

I will forward these tips to my guests :)

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.